Current most under-rated NBA players

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:18 pm
Rip Hamilton and Tyshaun Prince from the Pistons come to mind. For me personally i would say Chris Paul he has developed so quick, and has carried his team on his shoulders, I have forced ny self to look at the facts and give him major props for what he has been doing on the court.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 pm
none of the players you talk about are underrated.

Deron Williams is underrated if you want to talk underrated pgs.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:29 pm
I'd say David Lee still is. Has more double doubles than Dwight Howard believe it or not and was over looked for the All Star team. Even as an injury replacement

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:39 pm
Quazza wrote:I'd say David Lee still is. Has more double doubles than Dwight Howard believe it or not and was over looked for the All Star team. Even as an injury replacement

thats cause Lebron was whining and he is the King. The King chooses.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:42 pm
What are you talking about, the pistons are always in the playoff hunt year in and year out, with out a true star, (well now they have AI so sqaush that). I find Rip underated, am sure you will not mention him and say Ray Allen under the same breathe but they should.

As for Chris paul that was soley my opinion I did not know much about him coming from college, i saw him as underated because i felt he was not fast enough or take over the game at will like he does. Pyshically he does not seem over imposing, his smarts, the quick spin move, and his vision are really impressive. He is carrying his team, like Lebron, Kobe, Howard are, but never hear his name under the same breathe and it should.

As for Deron Williams he has Boozer so he doesn't really carry the team as Chris Paul. He is a good point guard i dont find him underrated.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:55 pm
Hamilton definately is underrated but I think Al Jefferson, as that guy doesn't get much mention and isn't even allstar after the season he has had

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:59 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:What are you talking about, the pistons are always in the playoff hunt year in and year out, with out a true star, (well now they have AI so sqaush that). I find Rip underated, am sure you will not mention him and say Ray Allen under the same breathe but they should.

As for Chris paul that was soley my opinion I did not know much about him coming from college, i saw him as underated because i felt he was not fast enough or take over the game at will like he does. Pyshically he does not seem over imposing, his smarts, the quick spin move, and his vision are really impressive. He is carrying his team, like Lebron, Kobe, Howard are, but never hear his name under the same breathe and it should.

As for Deron Williams he has Boozer so he doesn't really carry the team as Chris Paul. He is a good point guard i dont find him underrated.

Chris Paul has David West who is also an AllStar.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm
migya wrote:Hamilton definately is underrated but I think Al Jefferson, as that guy doesn't get much mention and isn't even allstar after the season he has had

True sometimes I forget about the guy but Al Jefferson should aslo be on that list, maybe when Minni gets a solid point and some wing players he will get the respcet he deserves.

Same with David Lee, the issue with Lee is he doesnt WOW many people he just goes in grabs like 20 boards quietly, and is forgotten. I did not even know he was averaging 16 points to go with the boards this season thats pretty amazing.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 pm
saintdee wrote:none of the players you talk about are underrated.

Word. I was telling Crackerz the other day, if he weren't stuck in Utah's rigid system he would be destroying the league. I would love to see him get traded to a team with a more open system, his untapped potential is just unbelievable.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:16 pm
saintdee wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:What are you talking about, the pistons are always in the playoff hunt year in and year out, with out a true star, (well now they have AI so sqaush that). I find Rip underated, am sure you will not mention him and say Ray Allen under the same breathe but they should.

Chris Paul has David West who is also an AllStar.

Chris Paul made David West, can't that Williams did the same for Boozer.
Look at his stats before Chris Paul's arrival and you will see waht am talking about, he averaged 6 points per game, as soon as Paul arrived that shot up to 17 points per game.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:24 pm
you underrate david west
you can say david west raised his average to 17 points a game in the 3 year because of his increased minutes from 18 to 36. it was his third year. and that chris paul came.

sure Chris Paul was a reason but theres a reason why Tyson Chandler can't make the allstar team with paul but david west did.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 pm
saintdee wrote:you underrate david west
you can say david west raised his average to 17 points a game in the 3 year because of his increased minutes from 18 to 36. it was his third year. and that chris paul came.

sure Chris Paul was a reason but theres a reason why Tyson Chandler can't make the allstar team with paul but david west did.

The point is, they are winning and that is attributed the arrival of Chris Paul, like Lebron, he is carrying his team, with out him they are garbage.
Give a team like the hornets to Kobe and he will complain, and demand a trade like he did in the 07 season season. Paul is carrying his team making them win like Lebron but he is never spoken under the same breathe.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
saintdee wrote:none of the players you talk about are underrated.

Word. I was telling Crackerz the other day, if he weren't stuck in Utah's rigid system he would be destroying the league. I would love to see him get traded to a team with a more open system, his untapped potential is just unbelievable.

very good point, I hadn't even thought of that. Imagine him say, under D'Antoni. He'd be devastating

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm
Tim Duncan. He has 4 rings, him being the leader or co-leader for all 4 of them. He has phenominal numbers. Yet he is in a small market in San Antonio, and plays boring basketball. People STILL overlook Duncan, the biggest lock for the Hall OF Fame for current players (not name Shaq).
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:14 pm
really? see i have him as the greatest PF ever to play the game

all imo of course. He's a freak of a basketball player
Next

Return to NBA Forum