Al Jefferson done for the season

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:20 am
The wolves starting to play well and Jefferson proving that he is an up-and coming power-foward in the league. Now Torn ACL done for the season. Another one bites the dust.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 am
real shame. One of my fave non Warriors. An absolute beast in the post
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:11 am
Quazza wrote:real shame. One of my fave non Warriors. An absolute beast in the post

I put him in the same level as Dwight. They are similar players, just Dwight's teammates play their role better and his team right now is much more well organised.

AJefferson will be a star big for a long time and the TWolves just have to keep Foye, a SG I think, see what Love really can do, as he could be their Center and AJefferson at PF where he belongs, see what Corey Brewer can do, his offensive skills need work but his defense looks like it will be top level and last but not least, get a real good PG. Telfair is like the bich that teases your cock with her short skirt and body rubs at a party, he just isn't consistent, though sometimes he has great PG games, getting assists and scoring a bit. Reckon McHale doesn't like McCants either, though McCants is instant offense off the bench.

The biggest thing to me on that team right now is Mike Miller. MMiller has fallen hard for some reason. He should be getting all the outside shots he wants and could even be a point forward for them, as he is a good playmaker and distributes quite well. Instead, he has had his worst season probably of his whole career and I don't see why that is. If he was playing like he was last season, that team surely would have another five to ten wins right now

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:19 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:real shame. One of my fave non Warriors. An absolute beast in the post

I put him in the same level as Dwight. They are similar players, just Dwight's teammates play their role better and his team right now is much more well organised.

simliar players, but i wouldnt put him on the same level as dwight. both dwight's defense and rebounding ability are far superior to that of jefferson.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:38 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

simliar players, but i wouldnt put him on the same level as dwight. both dwight's defense and rebounding ability are far superior to that of jefferson.

AJefferson is an incredible rebounder and very good shotblocker and defender. Dwight is just blocking alot of shots this season, but his numbers across the board are steadily dropping from his monster start.

AJefferson scores more, gets less TOs and has better FT%. Dwight has better FG%, rebounds more and gets more blocks. Both are similar so both teams really have it good with a star big.

Fuk I'd like Amare!

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:00 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

AJefferson is an incredible rebounder and very good shotblocker and defender. Dwight is just blocking alot of shots this season, but his numbers across the board are steadily dropping from his monster start.

AJefferson scores more, gets less TOs and has better FT%. Dwight has better FG%, rebounds more and gets more blocks. Both are similar so both teams really have it good with a star big.

Fuk I'd like Amare!

Both are great young talent, i would give it to Dwight because of his defensive ability, how his team is performing, and the absolute beast that he is. Jefferson is nearly as talented, more on the offensive end. I haven't watched Jefferson play much though.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:27 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

Fuk I'd like Amare!

Both are great young talent, i would give it to Dwight because of his defensive ability, how his team is performing, and the absolute beast that he is. Jefferson is nearly as talented, more on the offensive end. I haven't watched Jefferson play much though.

Yea, but Dwight's team mates are better and play their roles better than AJefferson's team mates. Can't go wrong with both

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah, I don't think they're really that similar. Jefferson is much better offensively, Howard is better at... well, everything else. The only thing similar is that both are dominant big men, but that's all.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

Fuk I'd like Amare!

the bold contradicts the italicized. Jefferson isnt a great defender. he'll average a lil more than a block, but he wont change the majority of shots inside. when dwight is in, you know it. he blocks nearly 3 shots a game and changes any shot that comes in/near the key. you cant go wrong with either one, you're right about that. but if i had to choose, 9 times out of ten i would take dwight.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 pm
E-Man wrote:if i had to choose, 9 times out of ten i would take dwight.

What would happen with the other?. You'd be drunk or what? :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:12 pm
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:if i had to choose, 9 times out of ten i would take dwight.

What would happen with the other?. You'd be drunk or what? :mrgreen:

naw...everyone is allowed a momentary lapse of judgement once in a while. :?

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 pm
Phenominal player. A much better inside scorer than perhaps anyone else in the game today. Not the defender that Dwight is (and probably a hair beneath him in terms of rebounding), but (as stated earlier) there's no stopping Al Jefferson from putting the ball in the hole. I remember him tearing up the Warriors this year, hitting reverse layups, powering hoops through contact, knocking down the midrange jumper... there's just litterally no stopping the guy around the cup. I hope this isn't a career-altering thing cause the kid was one of my favorite NBA players. I feel like Jefferson could play in any era, which is not something I could say about many of the league's current stars.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 pm
agreed. I think it was Van Gundy i heard saying he's the best low post player in the league. And I agree. He has so many moves down there and his foot work is phenomenal
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:25 pm
I'm just wondering if he's going to leave Minny once his contract is up. He passed up on a long extension and BIG money from Minnesota once he was traded there. Apparently, he wants to see what he's worth in the big market. And I can't blame him, he's a complete beast. Probably one of the most underrated players in the league.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:25 pm
xbay wrote:I'm just wondering if he's going to leave Minny once his contract is up. He passed up on a long extension and BIG money from Minnesota once he was traded there. Apparently, he wants to see what he's worth in the big market. And I can't blame him, he's a complete beast. Probably one of the most underrated players in the league.

The TWolves will give him a max contract. He is their's and they want to keep him and for good reason, keep what you've got that has proven itself to be real special.

That team just needs a very good PG or proper wing players and AJefferson will score even more

Return to NBA Forum