Elton brand done for the season!

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:18 pm
Man am I glad he turned down our generous billion dollarboffer sheet.... He hasnt been good even when healthy.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:19 pm
I forgot to mention it's due to his torn shoulder, it needs surgery.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:23 pm
Just saw this too. At first I was thinking that its a good thing he didn't sign with us, but now I'm also thinking if he did, it would have been easier to tank the rest of the season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:09 am
It might be for the best. He's been having minor problems all year long, so it's in Philly's best interest to shut him down and try again next year... and see if his big contract hasn't been a waste.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:47 am
nickdakoolkat wrote:Man am I glad he turned down our generous billion dollarboffer sheet.... He hasnt been good even when healthy.

To think the team tried to sign him or Arenas last offseason, and then settled on Maggette :roll: Really going after the injuryprone guys to waste some money

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:27 am
migya wrote:
nickdakoolkat wrote:Man am I glad he turned down our generous billion dollarboffer sheet.... He hasnt been good even when healthy.

To think the team tried to sign him or Arenas last offseason, and then settled on Maggette :roll: Really going after the injuryprone guys to waste some money

At least Maggette is doing something. Arenas is likely done for the season as well. And Brand is gone as stated. After a few bad months, Maggette has transformed into one of the league's best 6th man's.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:01 am
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

At least Maggette is doing something. Arenas is likely done for the season as well. And Brand is gone as stated. After a few bad months, Maggette has transformed into one of the league's best 6th man's.

Maggette has certainly been playing well the last couple of weeks but he isn't worth the contract he got and he is an injuryprone player, always has been, so basically you get just over half a season out of him. He has been injured just a bit this season, good by his standards, but he is a question mark with health all the time.

The team has got to aim to get more sure things

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 am
:banghead: Damn :banghead: Fantasy :banghead: Sports :banghead: Damnit :banghead: Brand :banghead: Damnit :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:13 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Maggette has certainly been playing well the last couple of weeks but he isn't worth the contract he got and he is an injuryprone player, always has been, so basically you get just over half a season out of him. He has been injured just a bit this season, good by his standards, but he is a question mark with health all the time.

Yeah, but I can name a ton of players who don't deserve the contract they have. He's the best they had left, and the front office panicked. He may not be worth 10 mil, but he's not worth MLE either.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:09 pm
About a year ago, I wanted a Brand trade. But in November, when he first started missing games. I had the feeling he was going to be out for the year.
Yes, we overpayed for Maggs, but no doubt about it, we dodged two 90 million+ dollar bullets.
War Years
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:38 pm
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Yeah, but I can name a ton of players who don't deserve the contract they have. He's the best they had left, and the front office panicked. He may not be worth 10 mil, but he's not worth MLE either.

That doesn't mean the team should have signed him. You don't just get player for the sake of getting a player, especially one that obviously won't help your team win much at all, in the case of Maggette, Crawford as well. I'd have preferred the team to keep the money and let guys like Azu, Belinelli, Randolph and BWright have much more court time, who knows what would have happened

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:33 am
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

That doesn't mean the team should have signed him. You don't just get player for the sake of getting a player, especially one that obviously won't help your team win much at all, in the case of Maggette, Crawford as well. I'd have preferred the team to keep the money and let guys like Azu, Belinelli, Randolph and BWright have much more court time, who knows what would have happened

Yep, I agree. I don't get where this idea of having to sign the best available player comes from. Sometimes is just better to stay put with what you already have and wait for a better chance during the next offseason.

I mean, come on, why settle for a skank just because she's available? 8)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:41 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

Yep, I agree. I don't get where this idea of having to sign the best available player comes from. Sometimes is just better to stay put with what you already have and wait for a better chance during the next offseason.

I mean, come on, why settle for a skank just because she's available? 8)

:mrgreen:

But don't forget, the coach is a drunken bastard so seem the front office fukers as well and you know the old saying about those ugly biches - I drink to make you look better :oops: :mrgreen:

I just think that Azu and Belinelli, both of whom have emerged somewhat this season, could have been even better with much more significant roles right from the start this season. BWright and Randolph or one of them, could have also emerged, having much more opportunity than they have had. Team could even be better

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:06 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:I mean, come on, why settle for a skank just because she's available? 8)

:mrgreen:

But don't forget, the coach is a drunken bastard so seem the front office fukers as well and you know the old saying about those ugly biches - I drink to make you look better :oops: :mrgreen:

Point taken. I'd be a hypocrite if not, because I do that, too. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:55 pm
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:

The only thing I wonder is if it was Mullin who decided to bring him in or if it was Rowell and those other idiots in the front office.
Next

Return to NBA Forum