Al Harrington losing minutes

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:50 am
I didn't say Al was utilized properly. I said he quit on the team. And he continually bitched whenever anybody in the organization asked him to do anything outside his comfort zone. I'm not a fan of Don Nelson's wacky side-show lineups either, but that kind of BS is the reason I don't lose sleep over trading the guy. Crawford mirrors Harrington's output; scoring in clusters and contributing occasional big nights in other categories (with Jamal, it's assists. With Al, its rebounding). The difference between the two is purely attitude and I'm beyond happy with Crawford's.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:47 am
Am saying he wasn't utilized properly, and the constant out of position, and what Nellie was asking from him, he just was not having it.
I remember Mikael acting the same way, complainging, playing the 4, it just doesnt make sense. Either way it was a bad way of gong out on Al's part, faking the injury thing.

Mann if only T.O played in the NBA. That would be a good match up between him and Nellie. Only if.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 pm
wow... Al is dumb x10.

He can not be the man on any team. The guy can't drive to the basket properly. He's like Sjax/10 thats how bad he is.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:17 am
warriorsstepup wrote:Am saying he wasn't utilized properly, and the constant out of position, and what Nellie was asking from him, he just was not having it.
I remember Mikael acting the same way, complainging, playing the 4, it just doesnt make sense. Either way it was a bad way of gong out on Al's part, faking the injury thing.

Mann if only T.O played in the NBA. That would be a good match up between him and Nellie. Only if.

Difference is, no matter what Nellie asked Pietrus to do he did it, he might have complained about it, but he put the effort in every night. As a fan I have no sympathy for an NBA player who is getting paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME that quits on the team. The NBA exists as a form of entertainment, it is there FOR THE FANS, therefore F the coach, you play for your team and you play for the fans. If you quit on them, I don't really care what the coach did to you, screw you and I have no sympathy for you.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:04 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Am saying he wasn't utilized properly, and the constant out of position, and what Nellie was asking from him, he just was not having it.

Difference is, no matter what Nellie asked Pietrus to do he did it, he might have complained about it, but he put the effort in every night. As a fan I have no sympathy for an NBA player who is getting paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME that quits on the team. The NBA exists as a form of entertainment, it is there FOR THE FANS, therefore F the coach, you play for your team and you play for the fans. If you quit on them, I don't really care what the coach did to you, screw you and I have no sympathy for you.

ditto that

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:46 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

ditto that

Pretty hard core there Cap, no sympathy :-o . AL is a baskeball player but he is also human. I was also pisssed on the whole fake injury stunt he pulled, but after some time, taking a step back i see it was a situation were Nellie wore him down, and that was his last resort. As much as basketball has to do with it, there is also something called respect, it is a give and take situation. On Al's end I don't think Nellie gave him the respect he deserved, they are not kids these are grown asrse men, with pride and ego. Imagine your boss bad mouthing you and you find out, then you have to see that person of authority on the daily. Nellie talks shyte about AL, then turns round has to face him in practice what kid of relationship is that, Why not be in an enviroment where you are happy instead of working in a place where a conniving, shyte talking person of authority, has absolute power. At the end of the day it becomes more personal, lack of respect on Nellie's part towards AL, this kind of things eat people up.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum