Another One Bites the Dust

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 am
Grizzlies Fire Coach Iavaroni

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _iavaroni/

I actually thought he was doing alright considering how young they are

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:51 am
is Nellie the last man standing? well him and Dunleavy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:21 am
saintdee wrote:is Nellie the last man standing? well him and Dunleavy.

Dunleavy has a real good reason in that the Clips have had a truck load of injuries, Nelson has had less of that to worry about. Baron, Randolph, RDavis, Camby and most of all Kaman, have all missed alot of time, Camby just recently, but they have their four top players injured all at once.

Nelson has been performing like a coach that should be fired

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:38 am
migya wrote:

Dunleavy has a real good reason in that the Clips have had a truck load of injuries, Nelson has had less of that to worry about. Baron, Randolph, RDavis, Camby and most of all Kaman, have all missed alot of time, Camby just recently, but they have their four top players injured all at once.

Lucky for us as Warriors fans, we have got to see our top players on the court night in and night out. The Dubs have had just as many key injuries as the Clips. Monta has not played a minute, Jackson has missed plenty of time, Maggette, BWright, Marco. This team has not had their A-team on the floor together one time! Maybe you give the Dunleavy a pass because the Clippers are being the Clippers....but to point out their injuries, then to call Nellie an underachiever this season is ridiculous.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:13 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
migya wrote:

Lucky for us as Warriors fans, we have got to see our top players on the court night in and night out. The Dubs have had just as many key injuries as the Clips. Monta has not played a minute, Jackson has missed plenty of time, Maggette, BWright, Marco. This team has not had their A-team on the floor together one time! Maybe you give the Dunleavy a pass because the Clippers are being the Clippers....but to point out their injuries, then to call Nellie an underachiever this season is ridiculous.

With the injuries, especailly Monta's that really hurt us. But at the same time Nellie's coaching led us to blowout loses to the Wizards, plus blowout loses to so many teams i lost count. He coaching was very questionable this year, I remember a game against the Magic he had Azu guarding at 6'5, guarding Rashad Lewis at 6'11, had Belly Guarding Kevin Durant. I mean there are better options on the bench for us to match up against such length. The list goes on our match up promblems this year. Nellie is lucky he signed that extentsion.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:18 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
migya wrote:

The Warriors have not had the injury issues the Clips have had, not close. Baron hasn't played for the last month, Kaman over half the season so far, Randolph for almost a month, RDavis (supposed to be their starting SG) just came back not too long ago, Camby is now injured as well

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:00 am
Quazza wrote:Grizzlies Fire Coach Iavaroni

Well, more than their record, the reason for his firing seems to be lack of development of their young kids. Mayo has been great for them, but high picks like Conley or Crittenton haven't improved as much as the team expected, and they seem to blame Iavaroni for it.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:42 pm
was Crit a high pick? Thought he was a late first rounder?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:22 am
i thought crittenton was picked by the lakers
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:54 am
TMC wrote:

Well, more than their record, the reason for his firing seems to be lack of development of their young kids. Mayo has been great for them, but high picks like Conley or Crittenton haven't improved as much as the team expected, and they seem to blame Iavaroni for it.

i thought they traded crittenton to the wizards?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:19 am
saintdee wrote:
TMC wrote:

i thought they traded crittenton to the wizards?

They did. Oh BTW, Crittenton was not the Grizzlies pick. It was the Lakers, where they traded him half a year later to the Grizz. Just bringing that up..

Still, Conley hasn't been anything special. I never saw him as special, either. They really should of looked at someone else. There was Yi, Wright, Brewer...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:07 am
We are one of only 3 teams, within the worst 9 teams in the league, to have not fired their coach.

Every coaching change has happened within the bottom 9, and there are 2 teams with better records than us............who fired their coaches.

OKC = 9-35 - Fired Coach.
WAS = 9-33 - Fired Coach.
SAC = 10-34 - Fired Coach.
LAC = 10-32 - Coach Still Employed.
MEM = 11-32 - Fired Coach.
GSW = 13-31 - Coach Still Employed.
MIN = 14-27 - Firec Coach.
IND = 16-27 - Coach Still Employed.
TOR = 17-28 - Fired Coach.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:14 am
Is it still Rick Carlisle coach of the Pacers? If so, surprised he didn't get sacked real quick. This is by far the worst season he has coached

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:29 am
migya wrote:Is it still Rick Carlisle coach of the Pacers? If so, surprised he didn't get sacked real quick. This is by far the worst season he has coached

You've been a bit out of touch with the league, don't you, bro? Carlisle is the Mavs coach.

Jim O'Brien is the Pacers coach... and I actually think he's doing a good job. Other than Granger, who's been a monster this year (and I guess O'Brien has something to do with that), they're one of the worst teams of the league.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:02 am
bigstrads wrote:We are one of only 3 teams, within the worst 9 teams in the league, to have not fired their coach.

Every coaching change has happened within the bottom 9, and there are 2 teams with better records than us............who fired their coaches.

How many of those teams are dealing with as many injuries?
Next

Return to NBA Forum