If Nelson Had Coached the 1992 Dream Team

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 pm
Starting Lineup:

John Stockton - SG
Clyde Drexler - SG
Michael Jordan - SG
Chris Mulllin - SG
Christian Laettner - SF

Bench: Pippen, Magic, Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Robinson -- DNP, Coach's Decision (Too Tall)

Record: 3-5

No medal, but special Olympic award for Innovation in Offense
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:10 pm
Moved to NBA Forum.

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell us here. Are you mocking Nelson's coaching line ups or are you trying to come across a point? Just wondering..
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:10 am
This probably belongs in the Warriors forum. I'm alluding to Nelson's obsession with small-ball.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:12 am
well regardless of where it belongs or not, with that lineup, we still would of won the olympics. 1992 was a total beatdown. Any order with those 12 guys, would still give us at least a 30 pt win
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:18 am
How is this topic necessary? All you're doing is echoing a sentiment of which we've all heard enough. None of us like "small ball"; in case you haven't noticed, Nellie has done a fair job of playing more balanced squads recently (starting Wright at PF for several games before his injury; replacing him with Randolph at PF -- as opposed to Maggette which we saw earlier in the season).

This is not a revelation; we all know how you feel. Maybe if you would post something constructive this topic might actually have some merit...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:47 am
shazam_guy wrote:Bench: Pippen, Magic, Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Robinson -- DNP, Coach's Decision (Too Tall)

im pretty sure magic, pippen and malone were shorter than laettner
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:49 am
Nellie always plays one tall guy, usually a not-very-good white guy.

Okay, guys, you didn't think it was funny, I did. I'm just doing my best to deal with my frustration. Better than screaming and beating my head on the keyboard.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm
people are being a little harsh on this topic. There's been a million worse threads started. Shazam i see your point, kinda funny and possibly/probably true
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:02 pm
shazam_guy wrote:Nellie always plays one tall guy, usually a not-very-good white guy.

Okay, guys, you didn't think it was funny, I did. I'm just doing my best to deal with my frustration. Better than screaming and beating my head on the keyboard.

Nah, I found some humor in it. I just wasn't sure if you were trying to be funny or if you were trying to come across a point.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:17 am
props...i love this thread...lol at dark one pms'ing...and i mean that in an honest way, it was funny reading his post, no offense meant

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 am
shazam_guy wrote:Nellie always plays one tall guy, usually a not-very-good white guy.

what about dirk?
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:53 am
TruE SExy wrote:props...i love this thread...lol at dark one pms'ing...and i mean that in an honest way, it was funny reading his post, no offense meant

:roll:

I dunno if you actually allowed the words of my post to resonate with you at all, or if you just stopped after the first sentence. Assuming the latter, let me make this clear: I agree with the premise that small ball is not necessarily a good way to play the game; in some cases it is downright absurd. That said, this topic presents no new opinions or ideas on the matter. It's honestly pointless. Please explain to me what good this thread does for this website or for us as Warrior fans.

Like I said, Nellie has done a better job of playing more balanced line-ups in the past few weeks. Please, if you're going to make fun of me, at least provide some substance to make your post credible. Otherwise you just look like an idiot -- no offense.

It's funny how adding "no offense" to something is always an indicator that the comment WILL offend someone. Don't you think? :wink:

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:09 am
aite man, my fault if i offended u, i just thought it was funny when i came across your post, you sounded like an angry man and i couldnt help but chuckle
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:32 am
Hey man it's cool.

I appreciate lighthearted fun, I just personally didn't find much humor in this. I guess maybe because I don't see it as relevant; this is almost two decades ago, it already happened -- or rather, it didn't.

I guess it's just not my kind of humor. I don't mean to be so negative; I guess it comes from my experience at another forum which is quite strict.

Return to NBA Forum