Who you think should be allstars

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:50 am
Many on here don't like the allstar game. I personally don't like the way the starting players are chosen. I absolutely love how the fans have a say, I do think it is too much of a say, it should be fan votes but with only the top 5-8 performing players at each position in each conference being on the list of players to be chosen, so Jianlian should not be on the list.

I just want us all to say who we think the twelve players in each conference that are the best, position wise, and thus should be in the allstar game.

Western Conference
PG - Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups
SG - Kobe Bryant, Brandon Roy
SF - Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant
PF - Al Jefferson, Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudemire
C - Yao Ming, Tim Duncan

Eastern Conerence
PG - Devin Harris, Jameer Nelson
SG - Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson
SF - Lebron James, Danny Granger, Caron Butler
PF - Chris Bosh, Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison
C - Dwight Howard, David Lee

I went by position, not two guards, two forwards, one center
Last edited by migya on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:32 am
Bigs and you have some kind of GAY crush I can't understand with Rudy (Gay). He's not even the best player on his team and you put him in the all star. Durant has done a lot more than him and not even him considers that he should be an all star.

Biedrins, Rahsard Lewis and Caron Butler also haven't done enough. Also, some truly deserving players are not there (like Amare or Paul Pierce)

Mine would be something like this:

Western Conference
PG - Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant, Brandon Roy
SF - Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzk
PF - Tim Duncan, Amare, David West
C - Al Jefferson, Yao Ming

Eastern Conerence
PG - Devin Harris, Andre Miller
SG - Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson
SF - Lebron James, Danny Granger, Paul Pierce
PF - Chris Bosh, Antawn Jamison, Tayshaun Prince
C - Dwight Howard, David Lee

Sort of. I haven't really thought much about it, so I might be missing somebody...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:51 am
TMC wrote:Bigs and you have some kind of GAY crush I can't understand with Rudy (Gay). He's not even the best player on his team and you put him in the all star. Durant has done a lot more than him and not even him considers that he should be an all star.

Biedrins, Rahsard Lewis and Caron Butler also haven't done enough. Also, some truly deserving players are not there (like Amare or Paul Pierce)

:oops:

I'm tired and just wanted to write something. I'll edit my post (a bit more awake and proper).

I don't think Pierce has done better than Butler, who, even through injury, has been great and carried the Wiz to any success they've had this season, not much but they are awful and without him would get smashed by forty every game.

Biedrins not done enough? I think he has and maybe he is just outside the twelve overall, as there are probably too many Pfs and Cs in the West that play better than him, but maybe only two PGs can be put on the team, with Billups missing out, though I don't think that'd be right either. I wouldn't put him on the allstar team, but he is just outside the twelve.

Deron has not done enough, being injured most of this season

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:20 am
migya wrote:I don't think Pierce has done better than Butler, who, even through injury, has been great and carried the Wiz to any success they've had this season, not much but they are awful and without him would get smashed by forty every game.

Well, Butler's stats are better by a hair, but I can't give two all stars to a team so bad as Washington. Also, Boston needs to have somebody in the all star, and Pierce has been their best player.

migya wrote:Biedrins not done enough? I think he has and maybe he is just outside the twelve overall, as there are probably too many Pfs and Cs in the West that play better than him, but maybe only two PGs can be put on the team, with Billups missing out, though I don't think that'd be right either. I wouldn't put him on the allstar team, but he is just outside the twelve.

As for Biedrins, I think his numbers look much better due to the kind of style we play. I like him, but I can't put him over Al Jefferson or Yao.

migya wrote:Deron has not done enough, being injured most of this season

Maybe. But I wanted to put somebody from the Jazz there, and he's played well since his recovery.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:34 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I don't think Pierce has done better than Butler, who, even through injury, has been great and carried the Wiz to any success they've had this season, not much but they are awful and without him would get smashed by forty every game.

Well, Butler's stats are better by a hair, but I can't give two all stars to a team so bad as Washington. Also, Boston needs to have somebody in the all star, and Pierce has been their best player.

I'm going by stats and season performance and by that I mean how the player played compared to their situation. Butler has less talent to work with and has to do much more, with the defensive attention on him all the time. He has also been injured and played through it. The Celts aren't that talented but their team system is much better, making it easier for their stars

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Biedrins not done enough? I think he has and maybe he is just outside the twelve overall, as there are probably too many Pfs and Cs in the West that play better than him, but maybe only two PGs can be put on the team, with Billups missing out, though I don't think that'd be right either. I wouldn't put him on the allstar team, but he is just outside the twelve.

As for Biedrins, I think his numbers look much better due to the kind of style we play. I like him, but I can't put him over Al Jefferson or Yao.

Agreed, but he deserves a mention, a big mention. I think the team style may actually make it harder for Biedrins, as he has to fight two bigs at least for rebounds most nights, by himself of course

TMC wrote:

Maybe. But I wanted to put somebody from the Jazz there, and he's played well since his recovery.

Well, um, fuk the Jazz :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:47 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Well, um, fuk the Jazz :mrgreen:

Logical arguing at its best, I see. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:43 pm
No love for Shaq?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:40 pm
xbay wrote:No love for Shaq?

Not with the other bigs in the West. He is just outside the one I listed, just behind his teammate Amare actually

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm
heres how it goes for me

West:
PG- Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups
SG- Kobe, Roy
SF- Melo, Dirk, AK
PF- Amare, Pau
C- Yao, Shaq, Camby
Res.- Deron Williams, Al Jefferson

East:
PG- Harris, Rondo, Nelson
SG- Dwyane Wade, Iguodala
SF- LBJ, GWall
PF- Bosh, Jamison, Tayshaun
C- Dwight, David Lee
Res.- Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce

...for the west, i can't ignore how beastly Camby is doing and that fact that he is the one carrying to clippers with baron, kaman, and randolph all injured. i also cant ignore AK's come back season, playing as good off the bench as he does when he starts.

...for the east, i simply can't leave iggy off the allstar team, especially with the season he is having. he contributes all across the board, similar to lebron, only less. and harris, rondo, and nelson are all having stellar seasons.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:44 am
Ok I will post what I think will happen after seeing vote balloting

West
PG: Kobe (Fan voted), Chris Paul, Billups(Single handedly made Nuggets a contender)
SG: T-Mac( Fan voted), Roy
SF: Melo (Fan voted), Dirk
PF: Duncan (Fan voted), Amare, West
C: Yao (Fan voted), Shaq

I feel bad for Boozer and LMA and Milsap lol... West is so stacked with good PFs.
Too many all star calibre guards like Parker, Manu, Deron can't get in.

East
PG: AI(Fan voted), Nelson
SG: Wade(Fan voted), Joe Johnson
SF: Lebron(Fan voted), Paul Pierce
PF: KG (Fan voted), Chris Bosh
C: Howard(Fan voted),
I can't decide the rest for east
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:12 am
E-Man wrote:...for the west, i can't ignore how beastly Camby is doing and that fact that he is the one carrying to clippers with baron, kaman, and randolph all injured. i also cant ignore AK's come back season, playing as good off the bench as he does when he starts.

...for the east, i simply can't leave iggy off the allstar team, especially with the season he is having. he contributes all across the board, similar to lebron, only less. and harris, rondo, and nelson are all having stellar seasons.

Yeah, I forgot about Iggy. He certainly has to be there. As for Camby... he should go, too, but I think Al Jefferson is a bit more deserving than him. And Yao is gonna be in via fan voting.

Also, I don't think Rondo has done enough to be an all star. He's been playing really well, but I'd take Harris and Andre Miller over him in the east. Maybe Nelson, too.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:29 am
TMC wrote:
E-Man wrote:...for the west, i can't ignore how beastly Camby is doing and that fact that he is the one carrying to clippers with baron, kaman, and randolph all injured. i also cant ignore AK's come back season, playing as good off the bench as he does when he starts.

Yeah, I forgot about Iggy. He certainly has to be there. As for Camby... he should go, too, but I think Al Jefferson is a bit more deserving than him. And Yao is gonna be in via fan voting.

Also, I don't think Rondo has done enough to be an all star. He's been playing really well, but I'd take Harris and Andre Miller over him in the east. Maybe Nelson, too.

Can't believe the lack of attention to Granger. That guy is top 5 player in the East right now, at least

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:17 am
migya wrote:Can't believe the lack of attention to Granger. That guy is top 5 player in the East right now, at least

What lack of attention?. He is one of my picks. Replace Tayshaun with Iggy and the rest of my picks stay the same. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:55 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Can't believe the lack of attention to Granger. That guy is top 5 player in the East right now, at least

thats right...i forgot about him...he's having such a studly season, but is doing it quietly, which is prolly why i forgot about him. but id take tayshaun off and put granger in. for some reason, i just couldnt leave a piston off the list last night when i was making it...but looks like he has to be a reserve at best. i'm leaving wallace there cuz he is having a stellar year as well, and should be recognized for it. he likely wont be on the allstar team, but this is about who we'd want to see there based on who we think is deserving of it.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:49 pm
imo teams that dont have winning records shouldnt get allstars.
Next

Return to NBA Forum