Teams that will make the playoffs.

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:29 pm
Ok so playoffs is far away, lets predict the top 8 teams that will be in it. Who do you have in the finals? And Who do you have winning it all ? And the 9th team looking in that will not make it. It would be fun to see how how our predictions work out.

1. Fakers
2. Spurs
3. Suns
4. Nuggets
5. Hornets
6. Rockets
7. Trailblazers
8. Utah
9. Mavs

Have the Suns going to the Finals.

1. Celtics
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Hawks
5. Detroit
6. Miami
7. Bulls
8. Raptors
9. Nets

I have the magic going to the Finals.

Suns winning it all.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:22 pm
cool thread, but i think this is pointless until after the trade deadline... you have no idea who will go where, and can drastically change a makeup of a team. Think about if the Cavs get another piece to that team.

PLus it is not even the half way point. I remember by week 7 of the NFL, everyone was on the Buffalo Bills nuts to be the best team in the league. They collapsed and didnt even make a .500 record. Wait a month (late Feb.) and we can really get some predictions going, even with at that point still 2 months of reg. season left.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:14 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:cool thread, but i think this is pointless until after the trade deadline... you have no idea who will go where, and can drastically change a makeup of a team. Think about if the Cavs get another piece to that team.

PLus it is not even the half way point. I remember by week 7 of the NFL, everyone was on the Buffalo Bills nuts to be the best team in the league. They collapsed and didnt even make a .500 record. Wait a month (late Feb.) and we can really get some predictions going, even with at that point still 2 months of reg. season left.

I see your point but, just dont see the top teams making major moves that will drastically change the make up of their teams- I mean who are the lakers, celtics or cavs going to add that will change there position. Also that would be the point, i would not have predicted Bills making the playoffs even with that hot start, team is too young. And i also would have never guessed Atlanta falcons would have made playoffs.

Its almost like saying lets wait for teams that have injuries to be fully healthy. Its just predictions they are subject to change though- for example if boozer comes back early then that would change things.

Basically injuries and additions from free agency will change the standings, and that can be adjusted as time of the season progresses- for example if Boozer comes back early u can place move the jazz higher, likewise if Lebron goes down then we know that cavs are going down as well and that can be adjusted.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:21 pm
I'll be Mr. Obvious and say it's going to be Cavs vs Lakers in the finals.

Cavs get there by cruising through the playoffs, only being pushed to 6 games by the Magic in the second round. Conf. Finals vs Detroit will only be a 5 game series.

Lakers go 6 or 7 games in every round. They win by big margins but lose by small margins (Kobe takeovers fail to succeed). They face Hornets in round 2 and Suns in the 3rd round.

I'm not too sure who is going to be the new champs, but I have a feeling it could be........either team.

Oh, and here are my seedings:

I'd do them if I knew how the format works...
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:10 pm
Hey, it's never too early to predict.

But I'll save my predictions 'til couple games after the trade deadline. I want to see how a team runs with their newly acquired players and how teams look like going down the stretch.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:17 pm
fine wrote:I'll be Mr. Obvious and say it's going to be Cavs vs Lakers in the finals.

Cavs get there by cruising through the playoffs, only being pushed to 6 games by the Magic in the second round. Conf. Finals vs Detroit will only be a 5 game series.

Lakers go 6 or 7 games in every round. They win by big margins but lose by small margins (Kobe takeovers fail to succeed). They face Hornets in round 2 and Suns in the 3rd round.

I'm not too sure who is going to be the new champs, but I have a feeling it could be........either team.

Oh, and here are my seedings:

I'd do them if I knew how the format works...

The problem i have with the cavs is they depend too much on you know who. Although Delonte and Mo Williams have stepped up to give him a hand he will need more help come play-off time.

The east playoff run will be interesting since bottom tier playoff teams are so closley matched. I expect the bulls to rise from thier current standing of 11th to a spot in the playoffs. Deng and Hinrich are already back from injury, add that to a young talented well balanced team and the push will begin. Today they already beat the cavs in overtime.

Am also waiting for the Raptors to click. Jermine O'neal has been a huge disappoint, but a starting group with Chris Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon, I see them barely sneaking in.

Return to NBA Forum