*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:47 am
Ringo wrote:
migya wrote:I almost feel inclined to call Indiana the best team in the East. Depending on what happens with Granger, whether he is traded or not, they look like they could beat Miami. If I was Bird, I'd look to trade Granger for a great PG, like Rondo, who is gettable right now. With a great PG the Pacers would be complete.

Phoenix is definately rebuilding and to be honest, I wouldn't mind getting Gortat, even if he is an expirer. That'd be a move for the future and resigning him now as a backup, that'd come rather cheap, at least less than he is worth, which to me is about 10 million. Reckon he'd resign if he was here for 6 million a year for two eyars, giving time to see how the soon to be aging Bogut and Lee are performing. If Phoenix wants to tank, Gortat has to go.

I think the Suns will hang onto Gortat. Centre is the hardest position to fill from the draft.

I agree with you about the Pacers. An elite PG would make them tough to beat. If they lost Granger for Rondo though, I'm not sure where they'd shots from with Rondo and Stephenson as their starting guards. I'd still like to see Granger and George starting together. Hill did a reasonable job last season.

Rondo would make George, West and Hibbert better than what they are now. He'd be a great fit. The only thing would be outside shooting for them, but they can get that easily via trades and free agency.

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:45 pm
George Hill fits that Pacer team perfectly and he's not coming off a surgery.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:15 am
GHill isn't much of a PG, but a shooter. Rondo is a great playmaker.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:44 pm
Rondo is a good player no doubt, but he is a horrible fit on the Pacers. They don't need another play maker, they need efficient shooting. Something Rondo can't provide.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:34 am
I think they have the scorers, with George, West and now Hibbert. They need a great PG to make it all connect and Rondo is one of the best. Rondo's allround ability would also be a great asset, as the Pacers are already a very good defensive team, he'd make them close to the best.

Granger seems a no fit right now in Indiana and they really have to trade him, especially while he still has high value, which likely won't be for long. Getting a PG is their biggest need right now.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:55 am
Well, they don't have range without George Hill. They need spacing first and foremost and George Hill will provide them with spacing. Rondo ruins spacing, he will make it harder for Hibbert to get putbacks, West to score, and PG to slash.

The only knock on Hill is his passing ability, but he plays elite defense (better than Rondo's defense by a good marging) Scores at an extremely efficient rate, and gives spacing.

Rondo is a better passer and rebounder, but the the Pacers don't need either of those things.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:57 pm
BF, have you seen this? I must say I've been surprised myself. I knew Monta improved his 3pt shooting towards the end, which was atrocious prior to that, but I didn't know he improved his game overall, and by this much. Anyway, here it is:

And I said BF, just because it's about stats, anyone else can chip in, of course, and is more than welcome.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:37 pm

I have an improved version of this photo.

Plus, if he is playing that many minutes the other side is going to be skewed in one way or the other thanks to an even smaller sample size.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:33 am
Okay, never mind the other side, but his numbers during those 20 games are pretty good, right? And team numbers as well...though, that DRtg could be better.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:38 am
Guybrush wrote:Okay, never mind the other side, but his numbers during those 20 games are pretty good, right? And team numbers as well...though, that DRtg could be better.

Sure, he had a good twenty games stretch.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:32 am
I think he would have been better during the whole season, if he wasn't paired with Jennings in the backcourt.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:53 am
Well, we'll see how he does offensively with Jose. But for now I don't think he will really ever stop being a black hole on offense and there is nothing there to stop him from being nonexistent on defense.

I have my doubts that Ellis will do well with Jose, considering he's done poorly with good offensive talent around him.
Last edited by Blackfoot on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 am
But his pairing with Jose marks the first time he's played alongside a pure playmaking point guard since Baron Davis. They'll be undersized defensively, but if Jose has an eye for setting up Ellis, his percentages sky-rocket when he isn't forced to create 90% of his offense off the dribble in an isolation setting.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:39 pm
32 wrote:But his pairing with Jose marks the first time he's played alongside a pure playmaking point guard since Baron Davis. They'll be undersized defensively, but if Jose has an eye for setting up Ellis, his percentages sky-rocket when he isn't forced to create 90% of his offense off the dribble in an isolation setting.

The offensive plays Monta ran in Milwaukee

13.8% of all his plays were isolation, ranking 96th in the league, .8 points per possession.

32.7 percent of his plays were as the pick and roll ball handler, ranking 101 in the league, .75 points per possession

13.3 percent of his plays were spot up, ranking 195th in the league, .93 points per possession

8.4 percent of his plays were off screens, ranking 94th in the league, at .84 points per possession

14.2 percent of his plays were in transition, ranking 209th in the league, 1.05 points per possession.

The rest of it is really small percentages towards hand offs, cuts, Oreb, and post ups.

There is nothing he really excels at. He ranks pretty low in every category. His highest rank was in hand offs, but only 4.4 percent of his plays were in hand offs, and he ranked 88th in the league, at .66 points per possession.

Basically, he scores really bad in everything, except transition, and everyone scores good in transition.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:19 pm
Amazing that we got Bogut for him and amazing Dallas were stupid enough to get him. He is probably alright as a backup on 6 million year right now but nothing more. Dallas looks awful defensively and I think they'll win no more than 35 games.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum