*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:33 am
A few news to comment on:

* The Heat are gonna retire Tim Hardaway's number. And he deserves it. He made his career here in GS and in Miami, and only three guys in Miami's history deserve to have his number retired, Mourning, Wade (once he's done) and him. Glad the Heat are doing the right thing here.

* The Euro Championship is in the final stage already. Serbia and Spain are the first two semifinalists. And why is this in the NBA forum?. Because I consider that it should be noted that Ricky Rubio outplayed Tony Parker in the game, basically making Parker a non-factor (6 points, 1-8 shooting, 1 board, 3 assists, 3 TOs).

Ricky's numbers were only slightly better, but I'm just surprised about the outcome of the matchup. I came into the game expecting a dominating performance by Parker and he was a total non-factor.

btw, Ronny Turiaf was the best french player, although he couldn't do much against Gasol and played only 21 minutes before fouling out.

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm
Delonte West channels 'El Mariachi':

West Arrested While Carrying Three Firearms

Delonte West was arrested Thursday after officers pulled him over for speeding on a motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitar case.

Prince George's County police spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Reedy said Friday the Cleveland Cavaliers player was arrested about 10 p.m. Thursday.

Police said a handgun was found in his pocket, another in his pant leg and a shotgun in a guitar case strapped to his back.

Reedy said West "was very cooperative, there were no issues" during the incident.

Danny Ferry said the team was monitoring the situation.

"We have been in communication with Delonte and his family," Ferry said in a statement. "We are gathering more information and will not have further comment until the appropriate time."


Awesome. Before this story, I liked the guy. Now...he is welcome on my dream team alongside Danny Granger(Granger!) and Odom. All I need now is a bigger pg/sg type and a C.

His "motorcycle":

Image
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:13 pm
a loaded shot gun"

jesus christ lol
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22188
» Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:06 pm
TMC wrote:A few news to comment on:

* The Heat are gonna retire Tim Hardaway's number. And he deserves it. He made his career here in GS and in Miami, and only three guys in Miami's history deserve to have his number retired, Mourning, Wade (once he's done) and him. Glad the Heat are doing the right thing here.

* The Euro Championship is in the final stage already. Serbia and Spain are the first two semifinalists. And why is this in the NBA forum?. Because I consider that it should be noted that Ricky Rubio outplayed Tony Parker in the game, basically making Parker a non-factor (6 points, 1-8 shooting, 1 board, 3 assists, 3 TOs).

Ricky's numbers were only slightly better, but I'm just surprised about the outcome of the matchup. I came into the game expecting a dominating performance by Parker and he was a total non-factor.

btw, Ronny Turiaf was the best french player, although he couldn't do much against Gasol and played only 21 minutes before fouling out.



Totally agree, THardaway and Mourning deserved to have their numbers retired and really noone else, though some people would say thatSteve Smith and Glen Rice of the early 1990s Heat teams deserve to as well,they weren't around for long enough.

Parker had to play real well for France to have a chance at beating Spain. Rubio makes himself look even more valuable with that performance
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22188
» Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:11 pm
Quazza wrote:a loaded shot gun"

jesus christ lol



In a perfect world, there would be no need to ever have a gun, neither for the presence of police either. I have no problem with people having access to guns,as long as their is proper control, that includes not totally banning guns like is happening in the U.S. Whatever reason Delonte had those three guns is something to question, as that is alot of weaponary to have for just a casual stroll on your motorbike, and likely that is what the police are going to be asking to know. Maybe one of his high school/college mates had a confrontation with some hardcore gangsters and needed Delonte's assistance :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:07 am
TMC wrote:A few news to comment on:

* The Heat are gonna retire Tim Hardaway's number. And he deserves it. He made his career here in GS and in Miami, and only three guys in Miami's history deserve to have his number retired, Mourning, Wade (once he's done) and him. Glad the Heat are doing the right thing here.

* The Euro Championship is in the final stage already. Serbia and Spain are the first two semifinalists. And why is this in the NBA forum?. Because I consider that it should be noted that Ricky Rubio outplayed Tony Parker in the game, basically making Parker a non-factor (6 points, 1-8 shooting, 1 board, 3 assists, 3 TOs).

Ricky's numbers were only slightly better, but I'm just surprised about the outcome of the matchup. I came into the game expecting a dominating performance by Parker and he was a total non-factor.

btw, Ronny Turiaf was the best french player, although he couldn't do much against Gasol and played only 21 minutes before fouling out.


i don't want to sound bitter (cause our team sucked ass and fukced too many polish bitches to even play at 50 percent), but rubio outplayed parker in my ass! i mean, it was a spanish strategy and little slow acrobat had only very small part in stopping parker as parker can go by him backwards - he's that faster. as for rubio, the guy got lucky on two threes since he's not good shooter, all else, well, just a usual rubio play when things get easy.
i totally wanted french to win or at least play better, since cannot stand spain with their floppers brrothers gasols and most ugly alley oops ever from rubio to gasol. like paul to chandler, makes one wanna puke.
well, now i wait for greece to pull up suprise and go all the way.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:23 am
martin wrote:i don't want to sound bitter (cause our team sucked ass and fukced too many polish bitches to even play at 50 percent), but rubio outplayed parker in my ass!


Two guys that play the same position. One is the star of his team and does absolutely nothing. The other has a marginally better game, with much less responsibility on the team's performance. That's outplaying. :wink:


Look, I never said Rubio had a great game, but he didn't suck either. He just played a bit better than Parker, because Parker was just awful for the whole game. And Parker was expected to carry his team, so you have to demand a lot more from him.

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:20 am
TMC wrote:
martin wrote:i don't want to sound bitter (cause our team sucked ass and fukced too many polish bitches to even play at 50 percent), but rubio outplayed parker in my ass!


Two guys that play the same position. One is the star of his team and does absolutely nothing. The other has a marginally better game, with much less responsibility on the team's performance. That's outplaying. :wink:


Look, I never said Rubio had a great game, but he didn't suck either. He just played a bit better than Parker, because Parker was just awful for the whole game. And Parker was expected to carry his team, so you have to demand a lot more from him.


my point was that is was spain's team defence with much zoning rather than rubio. basically rubio was a non-factor. spain with or without rubio would play the same. it's good for a young guy that spain is so strong that he can, relatively speaking, bring the ball up through all the game and learn. and since he has close to zero responsibility, makes his game much easier.
parker, on the other hand, was most probably overstressed and simply not able to handle spain alone since none frenchman had a good game either.
team spain beat team france. rubio having betetr numbers than parker means nothing. if parker was on the same team as rubio, he would have had ten times better numbers. and if rubio was defended like parker was, the guy would be already dead. he's young and physically weak. all spanish team looks like they never seen a gym. now, since i'm a huge fan of rafael nadal, it makes me be even more surprised by lady frames of spanish basketball team.
though they have loads of talent and good luck, looking like pussies doesn't help :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:09 pm
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:a loaded shot gun"

jesus christ lol



In a perfect world, there would be no need to ever have a gun, neither for the presence of police either. I have no problem with people having access to guns,as long as their is proper control, that includes not totally banning guns like is happening in the U.S. Whatever reason Delonte had those three guns is something to question, as that is alot of weaponary to have for just a casual stroll on your motorbike, and likely that is what the police are going to be asking to know. Maybe one of his high school/college mates had a confrontation with some hardcore gangsters and needed Delonte's assistance :mrgreen:



but in a guitar case?

Image
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22188
» Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:46 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:a loaded shot gun"

jesus christ lol



In a perfect world, there would be no need to ever have a gun, neither for the presence of police either. I have no problem with people having access to guns,as long as their is proper control, that includes not totally banning guns like is happening in the U.S. Whatever reason Delonte had those three guns is something to question, as that is alot of weaponary to have for just a casual stroll on your motorbike, and likely that is what the police are going to be asking to know. Maybe one of his high school/college mates had a confrontation with some hardcore gangsters and needed Delonte's assistance :mrgreen:



but in a guitar case?

Image



Someone required Delonte's assistance :wink: :mrgreen:

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:24 pm
Lamar Odom getting married.

Why am I posting this?

A) he is one of my favorite players. I can never not like a talented versatile underachiever, especially one that is ok with being an underachiever
B) He is marrying a Kardashian. The big one i think (bone big). This is a marital-sellout.
C) He has been having babies with his girlfriend(non-famous chick) for years, according to his wiki page. This now makes it a super marital sellout.

To conclude, I was bummed out when I read the news. I'm going to have to re-think my adoration towards him now.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:31 pm
martin wrote:i don't want to sound bitter (cause our team sucked ass and fukced too many polish bitches to even play at 50 percent), but rubio outplayed parker in my ass!


That comes off so WRONG!!!

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:15 am
how come?!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22188
» Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 am
martin wrote:how come?!



It's "my arse", not "in my arse".

"In my arse" sounds quite gay, not to say ****** :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2320
» Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:55 am
migya wrote:
martin wrote:how come?!



It's "my arse", not "in my arse".

"In my arse" sounds quite gay, not to say ****** :wink:

nah, i don't think rob meant that, but anyway thanks for clarification :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests