*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:29 pm
I've decided to throw $100 at the Warriors winning their first 9 games.
(if I can)

I know....... highly unlikely to happen and probably a waste of cash, but as a blind Warrior fan/bonehead I just can't help myself.

Now if the Warriors were to pay on average $2 per win multiplied by 9 games it adds up to $512 for every $ invested.

Houston = no Yao, no Artest, no T-mac

Phoenix = no Richardson (now suspended)

and the rest of the teams are doable.

anyways my question is.... does anyone know of an online betting site that offers betting on consecutive games?
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:22 am
MurinuR wrote:Phoenix = no Richardson (now suspended)

what happened to J?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:30 am
first off wrote:
MurinuR wrote:Phoenix = no Richardson (now suspended)

what happened to J?

He's suspended the first two games after pleading guilty to drunken driving in Arizona a few months ago or so.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 am
as all of you must know by now:

Allen Iverson is a Grizzly..... crickets...... more crickets....

we're talking bout Memphis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:09 pm
What's up with Michael Jordan's HOF acceptance speech??

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 pm
heard about that-what exactly did he say?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:46 pm
Jackattack wrote:What's up with Michael Jordan's HOF acceptance speech??

What IS up with it Pat?

I read and listened to some of it and he was just.................MJ..............talking in the third person, thanking people who doubted him and generally talking about how great he was.

Hes weird, cuz sometimes you listen to him and think hes a right egotistical bastard..............but I suppose when everyone around you is constantly referring to you as the greatest ever at something, its going to go to your head.

It sounds like it was very emotional too, lots of crying.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:02 am
bigstrads wrote:

What IS up with it Pat?

I read and listened to some of it and he was just.................MJ..............talking in the third person, thanking people who doubted him and generally talking about how great he was.

Hes weird, cuz sometimes you listen to him and think hes a right egotistical bastard..............but I suppose when everyone around you is constantly referring to you as the greatest ever at something, its going to go to your head.

Just heard that he had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He flew his High School coach in (the one that cut him from the team one year) so he could tell him he made a mistake. I suppose I can go search down the video of it, and make my own mind about it... Just wondered if anyone else saw it, or had an opinion...

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 am
Jackattack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

What IS up with it Pat?

Just heard that he had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He flew his High School coach in (the one that cut him from the team one year) so he could tell him he made a mistake. I suppose I can go search down the video of it, and make my own mind about it... Just wondered if anyone else saw it, or had an opinion...

Yeah, he did a whole bit on thanking the people who put him down and tried to "hold him back"...........the coach who cut him, even the player who took his place on that varsity team, Isaiah Thomas for freezing him out in the All Star game...........all that kind of sh*t.

Abit pompus but Ive always kind of found him a little bit like that sometimes..............but hey, its MJ, he can get away with anything in my book. :wink:

Heres a really good, honest, cutting article from Adande =

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/halloffam ... ech-090914
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:37 am
bigstrads wrote:
Jackattack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

What IS up with it Pat?

Yeah, he did a whole bit on thanking the people who put him down and tried to "hold him back"...........the coach who cut him, even the player who took his place on that varsity team, Isaiah Thomas for freezing him out in the All Star game...........all that kind of sh*t.

Abit pompus but Ive always kind of found him a little bit like that sometimes..............but hey, its MJ, he can get away with anything in my book. :wink:

Heres a really good, honest, cutting article from Adande =

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/halloffam ... ech-090914

I already made up my mind regarding MJ a few years ago, based on everything I've read and heard from him and about him. Two points:

* Best player ever... check.

* Biggest jerk in the history of the NBA... check.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 am

I was going to create a threa bout that.I didn't see the speech by the other membes chosen for HOF, not sure if they had a speech,the likes of Admiral, Stockton and Sloan.

Jordan may have been right on some of the things he said, but that night was the last in his basketball career, closing the book on it as such. He should have been totally "greatness" material, being humble and sincere, instead he showed how insecure he is about having to move on with his life and leave basketball behind. That to me is what he is thinking and feeling - He doesn't want to let the past go, but he has to

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:18 pm
I just had time to listen to Jordan's speech, and I loved it!!

He was real. emotional. and sent out a lot of love and respect to his competitors, coaches, and teammates. He's definitely insecure, but as he outlined, that's what drove him to be the best he could be... Jackson probably taught him that bit about fear being an illusion, (and so is confidence). He's a basketball player, probably one of the best competitors to ever play the game. Not an orator. Near perfection on the court, flawed human being like the rest of us off the court. I enjoyed the speech because he revealed some intense vulnerability. It shows that even greatness struggles, even after they "got it made". Overall, I found him to be gracious and plenty grateful. F*ck media hype!

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:50 am
God!!! how much more of a complete twat can Gilbert become!!!???

Talking about how hes recovered from his injury and is ready to go =

"Nobody could guard me before, and can't nobody guard me now," Arenas told the newspaper. "If I hadn't come up here, I'd be starting off the season with a 95 percent chance that I'd be sitting out more games. ... [Tim Grover] saved my career."

Try and be more up your own arse ya loser.............:roll:

"If you have a kid that loves basketball, that eats, sleeps, drinks and thinks basketball and all he knows is basketball and he gets hurt and he's your franchise player, you need to hold him back from himself," Arenas told the newspaper. "If I'm saying I feel good and you know it's supposed to take six months, instead of letting me at four months run ... they should have held me back. Rather than saying, 'Let's let this guy do what he wants and use him to sell tickets' -- sometimes you have to protect players from themselves. I don't feel like I got that type of protection. But, I don't judge them for that. Some things just happen. I told them I felt OK because I wanted to play, and they did what they did."

Are you F'ing kidding me?..............what would he be saying on his faggy little self indulgent blog, with most of his limbs wrapped in ice, nursing his latest career threatening injury, if the Wizards HAD done that?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:54 am
bigstrads wrote:God!!! how much more of a complete twat can Gilbert become!!!???

"Nobody could guard me before, and can't nobody guard me now," Arenas told the newspaper. "If I hadn't come up here, I'd be starting off the season with a 95 percent chance that I'd be sitting out more games. ... [Tim Grover] saved my career."

"If you have a kid that loves basketball, that eats, sleeps, drinks and thinks basketball and all he knows is basketball and he gets hurt and he's your franchise player, you need to hold him back from himself," Arenas told the newspaper. "If I'm saying I feel good and you know it's supposed to take six months, instead of letting me at four months run ... they should have held me back. Rather than saying, 'Let's let this guy do what he wants and use him to sell tickets' -- sometimes you have to protect players from themselves. I don't feel like I got that type of protection. But, I don't judge them for that. Some things just happen. I told them I felt OK because I wanted to play, and they did what they did."

Are you F'ing kidding me?..............what would he be saying on his faggy little self indulgent blog, with most of his limbs wrapped in ice, nursing his latest career threatening injury, if the Wizards HAD done that?

Eh... he's got a point, Bigs. That's exactly what I said the Wiz should have done with him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:52 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:God!!! how much more of a complete twat can Gilbert become!!!???

Eh... he's got a point, Bigs. That's exactly what I said the Wiz should have done with him.

Fair enough yeah.............but my point is that he would have been bitching like hell, and even more, if they had done that.

Something along the lines of = "Im the franchise player, Im the star, Im Gilbert Arenas, how dare they try and hold Gilbert Arenas back........... I know my own body, only I know when Im ready.........and Im ready now"

Say that you would have liked to have gone things differently perhaps, in a constructive critisism way.............but not in a blame way.

Typical hypocritical, ego-maniacal Gilbert.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum