*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 am
The Raptors traded Kapono to the Sixers for Reggie Evans. A big meh I know, but I didn't realisr you could trade already?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:24 am
Quazza wrote:The Raptors traded Kapono to the Sixers for Reggie Evans. A big meh I know, but I didn't realisr you could trade already?

Neither did I. It's possible they have submitted the deal to league office so it can happen the first day you can make trades (around draft day).

I'm saying so because I can't remember the last time a team traded anybody during the NBA finals. It probably never happened before.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:21 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:The Raptors traded Kapono to the Sixers for Reggie Evans. A big meh I know, but I didn't realisr you could trade already?

Neither did I. It's possible they have submitted the deal to league office so it can happen the first day you can make trades (around draft day).

I'm saying so because I can't remember the last time a team traded anybody during the NBA finals. It probably never happened before.

Yeah, it wont be official until the trade window actually opens around draft time.

Its just all initial agreements at this stage.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Yeah, I didn't realize that also.

Basically, they swapped rebounding for shooting. It's actually a good small trade for both teams. The Sixers were horrific from beyond the arc, and the Raptors needed another rebounder off the bench.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:09 am
xbay wrote:

Basically, they swapped rebounding for shooting. It's actually a good small trade for both teams. The Sixers were horrific from beyond the arc, and the Raptors needed another rebounder off the bench.

That's it. Sixers really needed another shooter and should not have traded Korver, as he did that well for them

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:17 am
xbay wrote:

Money saver for the Raps too. Saves em 2.something mill a year for the next couple

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:51 pm
why are the celtics considering trading rondo? are they dumb? Sure, they want Allen gone, and they want to spice up offers by including rondo, but the luckyest man in the world (Danny Ainge) will be criticized if he pulls the trigger.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:29 am
Johnny Flynn

Image Image

Looks like a cross between Jack

and Pietrus

Creepy.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:49 pm
so the Jazz are selling all Boozer jerseys half price in their team store, while Kirilenko, Deron, and Okur all remain the same

fair indication
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:35 pm
Quazza wrote:so the Jazz are selling all Boozer jerseys half price in their team store, while Kirilenko, Deron, and Okur all remain the same

fair indication

Boozer said he expects to be gone before the season starts, but said he'd be perfectly fine staying in Utah. Still, if that's happening, I'm pretty sure it signals the end for Boozer in Utah.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:07 pm
any rumblings as to where he might end up?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 pm
Quazza wrote:any rumblings as to where he might end up?

Miami is still in the mix, but that's about it. At least, I haven't heard about any other team being interested...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:56 am
TMC wrote:

Miami is still in the mix, but that's about it. At least, I haven't heard about any other team being interested...

read that Riley hasn't been impressed "with all his posturing"
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:15 am
Quazza wrote:
TMC wrote:

read that Riley hasn't been impressed "with all his posturing"

Yeah, but I don't think it matters much. They're more interested in him being an expirer, hoping to re-sign Wade and add another star like Bosh during next offseason. They're not looking for a long-term commitment, so his "posturing" shouldn't matter much for a one-year deal.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 pm
very good point. Forgot he's an expirer
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum