*Random NBA Thoughts That Aren't Worth A Thread Themselves*

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:52 pm
saintdee wrote:can someone tell me how Robin Lopez got a vote for second place on the ROY awards? did one reporter mistake him for brooke lopez?


Well i have a vote... and if you remember on my bold predictions... i had robin lopez as the second place to ROY.. does that answer your question? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
saintdee wrote:can someone tell me how Robin Lopez got a vote for second place on the ROY awards? did one reporter mistake him for brooke lopez?


Well i have a vote... and if you remember on my bold predictions... i had robin lopez as the second place to ROY.. does that answer your question? :mrgreen:



I won't make a thread for this instead post it here regarding Kevin Love and the rookie votes:

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... oy_voting/


Love: I Was Screwed In ROY Voting


Timberwolves rookie forward Kevin Love made his displeasure with the Rookie of the Year voting public on Wednesday night.

Love didn't have a problem with Chicago's Derrick Rose winning the award, but he didn't feel as though there were five rookies better than him this past season.

"Pardon my French, but it's the second time I've gotten screwed," Love told the Pioneer Press. "I definitely thought I would finish higher, but after the rookie-sophomore snub, I guess anything can happen."

Love led rookies in rebounding and double-doubles, but five players still finished above him in the voting.

"I guess I just needed to play a little better," Love said. "Maybe a 30th double-double would have made a difference.

" ... I'll take care of my business this summer, either here in Los Angeles or in Minnesota, and come back a better player and try to help my team win. Hopefully, 15 years from now I'll be able to look back on this and laugh."
_________________________________________________________________

He has a point, sixth place? He is third, behind Rose and Mayo, maybe fourth, behind Brooke Lopez, but don't see any other rookie that should be ahead of him, not even Beasley, who came on pretty strong the last few eeks only
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:03 pm
migya wrote:He has a point, sixth place? He is third, behind Rose and Mayo, maybe fourth, behind Brooke Lopez, but don't see any other rookie that should be ahead of him, not even Beasley, who came on pretty strong the last few eeks only


I think Brook Lopez has been even better than Mayo. Mayo was the ROY (yeah, even above Rose) during the first half of the season, but he's been down to earth since then. Brooke Lopez has been a lot more consistent, and so he deserves a lot of consideration for ROY, to the point that I think he's second, but really close to Rose.

Love at #4 sounds about right...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:54 pm
Anyone else notice ABC mocking the Billups/Iverson trade?

Image

I like what everyone else was saying... at least AI isn't turning the ball over. He's winning 2-0 in that category.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:16 am
xbay wrote:Anyone else notice ABC mocking the Billups/Iverson trade?

Image

I like what everyone else was saying... at least AI isn't turning the ball over. He's winning 2-0 in that category.



Billups was a journeyman who was a good player, but not top 10 PG even. Then he arrived in Detroit and found a home there, turned into a top 10 "valuable player" and this season showed why and showed his worth to a team. What a turn around in Denver and what a career he carved himself after possibly being a player that just bounced around and never got established
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:30 am
Man, not that I get to see them much............but every time I see Gary Payton and Webber doing some "kind" of "punditry".............they act like children with severe retardations.

I usually here them in the highlight things on nba.com and all I hear is noise..........."Eiiiiiaaakkkk" "Booooaaappp" "Ahhhrriiiivvvvv" its just a bunch of weird noises repeated over and over.

I mean I get "in jokes" and I get "lingo" but they are just ridiculous.

Also, is Ahmad Rashard on heroin?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:23 am
Chauncey's one of if not my favorite player in the league. Probably the most consistent, controlled, savvy point guard in the league. I'd trade our entire roster aside from Beans, AR and Monta for the guy. And our first round pick.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:33 pm
Location: Los Anyeles, CA
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:57 am
The funny thing is last Summer there were rumors of a Billups for Baron trade and many people here thought Chauncey would be more of a liability than Baron. I don't know if anyone wanted a part of the trade, citing the dropoff in PG and claimed he was a system PG. Granted he pulled his hamstring in the playoffs and didn't play great right before that.

But the guy is just a winner. He picks and chooses his times to be the star but always makes his teams better. He (like Steve Nash) goes out there and plays basketball like winning the game is his job, not going out to showcase himself. That is why these players always winning and making teams contenders. If Billups takes the Nuggets to the conference finals he must have some crazy streak going of taking teams there.

A defensive PG who can pass, shoot and lead a team that was consistently winners is exactly what this team needs. If the rumors were true and Dumars wanted to swap him for Baron, whoever was calling the shots last summer really messed that one up. Not sure on the exact CBA rules, but if we could have traded Baron to Detroit, and gotten Chauncey, then had Baron opt out once he got to Detroit. They could have had Stuckey starting and avoided the whole Iverson debacle that messed up a lot of the playing time and chemistry for the pistons. That would have worked out well for both teams that had a huge drop off from the previous year.
Get Money. Get Paid.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:01 pm
Dr. Spaceman wrote:The funny thing is last Summer there were rumors of a Billups for Baron trade and many people here thought Chauncey would be more of a liability than Baron. I don't know if anyone wanted a part of the trade, citing the dropoff in PG and claimed he was a system PG. Granted he pulled his hamstring in the playoffs and didn't play great right before that.

But the guy is just a winner. He picks and chooses his times to be the star but always makes his teams better. He (like Steve Nash) goes out there and plays basketball like winning the game is his job, not going out to showcase himself. That is why these players always winning and making teams contenders. If Billups takes the Nuggets to the conference finals he must have some crazy streak going of taking teams there.

A defensive PG who can pass, shoot and lead a team that was consistently winners is exactly what this team needs. If the rumors were true and Dumars wanted to swap him for Baron, whoever was calling the shots last summer really messed that one up. Not sure on the exact CBA rules, but if we could have traded Baron to Detroit, and gotten Chauncey, then had Baron opt out once he got to Detroit. They could have had Stuckey starting and avoided the whole Iverson debacle that messed up a lot of the playing time and chemistry for the pistons. That would have worked out well for both teams that had a huge drop off from the previous year.


Very true. And the one thing that separates Billups and Baron are that Chauncey is a winner, while the other is not. Baron may have a bigger body and all that jazz, but Billups is more of a team player and knows how to win.

Definitely would have been interesting had all you described happened.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:55 pm
Okay this is a continuation of a topic i mentioned last week in another thread. Capt Jack will remember this convo. But i will post it here this time.

SO Dirk Nowitzski, and this chick who he went out with for 7 years, and he found out she wasn't who he thought she was, or whatever. Here is what i said last week...

did u hear about that chick that was engaged with dirk nowitski but was trying to scam him? LOL. I mean its sad, but how do you not fall trap to that when you are a rich dude like him... And Dirk wasn't the only one. A former pro football player is claiming he was almost a victim too... DAMN.


WELL, now this chick is pregnant, and is saying its Dirk's, cuz well, she's been in prison the last few weeks and she hasnt been with anyone else... man, this is two funny. Glad ESPN is becoming like Page 6 of the NYP....

The NBA: Where 'you get conned from your future baby's mama' Happens!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:05 pm
Okay, so this question came across me just recently.

What makes a fan of basketball in Los Angeles a fan of the lowly Clippers, and not the successful franchise of the Lakers?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 pm
xbay wrote:Okay, so this question came across me just recently.

What makes a fan of basketball in Los Angeles a fan of the lowly Clippers, and not the successful franchise of the Lakers?


I've always wondered that too. Is it an area thing?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:57 am
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:Okay, so this question came across me just recently.

What makes a fan of basketball in Los Angeles a fan of the lowly Clippers, and not the successful franchise of the Lakers?


I've always wondered that too. Is it an area thing?


I would think that when a person from LA reaches an age where they can realise what kind of person they are going to and want to be..............ie: whether they are a total c*nt, or a decent person.............

The c*nts choose the Fakers and the real people choose the Clipps.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:24 am
bigstrads wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:Okay, so this question came across me just recently.

What makes a fan of basketball in Los Angeles a fan of the lowly Clippers, and not the successful franchise of the Lakers?


I've always wondered that too. Is it an area thing?


I would think that when a person from LA reaches an age where they can realise what kind of person they are going to and want to be..............ie: whether they are a total c*nt, or a decent person.............

The c*nts choose the Fakers and the real people choose the Clipps.


There could be lots of factors... love for underdogs, a father taking his son to Clips games (may easily backfire, tho), people who cannot stand that lakers and that have moved to LA from other areas...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:04 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Quazza wrote:
xbay wrote:Okay, so this question came across me just recently.

What makes a fan of basketball in Los Angeles a fan of the lowly Clippers, and not the successful franchise of the Lakers?


I've always wondered that too. Is it an area thing?


I would think that when a person from LA reaches an age where they can realise what kind of person they are going to and want to be..............ie: whether they are a total c*nt, or a decent person.............

The c*nts choose the Fakers and the real people choose the Clipps.


There could be lots of factors... love for underdogs, a father taking his son to Clips games (may easily backfire, tho), people who cannot stand that lakers and that have moved to LA from other areas...


No.............all Faker fans are c*nts..............so the Clippers fans are only Clippers fans because they arent c*nts and hence dont want to associate themselves with c*nts. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron