Durant doesn't believe he should be an all-star

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:16 pm
xbay wrote:
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
E-Man wrote:i dont believe he should be either. he's good, but he's not an allstar...not this year. maybe next year.

i hope goose makes the team. at least reserve. with our record itll be difficult, but i really hope he makes it. hell i even hope millsap makes it for the simple sake of justice.

Adding Nenad Krstic was a great addition to the team. He's not a dominating center, but he puts up good stats and provides a strong presence down low. If they can add a more legit PG and add some depth off the bench, they could be a force in a couple years. Krstic, Wilcox, Durant, Green, PG w/ a bench? Nice line up.

I think they may be alright with their current PGs, as they seem to be passers, more so Watson than Westbrook but both seem to be passers. They need new bigs, as Wilcox and Collison seem to have thrown in the towel this season. They were promising before as solid players, more to come off the bench but they were solid, but this season they have been nothing. They are very young and need two veterans that have won before to give them that winning attitude. That experience means all the difference and young teams never win like the older experienced ones

That's true. I'd trade Wilcox away for a true vet at PF. If they really believe in Westbrook, though, I'd trade away Green for someone good.

Do you mean Jeff Green? He's a keeper I think. I see Durant better at SF than SG but he seems like he can handle SG well. They need big, simple as that and they have to get a little lucky in attracting one. Throwing a fair amount of money at one or looking to trade for one that wants out of his team would be the way to go. Boozer would fit in there real well and maybe Wilcox and Collison for him would be good enough for Utah

Yeah, I meant him. I think he's very expendable. I think the Thunder can afford both him and Durant when their contracts are up, respectively, but at the same time, I think he has a lot of great trade value. It'd be interesting if Blake Griffin came out and Oklahoma took him with the first pick. They'd still be very young, so I would imagine someone being traded.

There is no way that Green is expendable. That young nucleus of Durant, Green and Westbrook is amazing. Have you seen what they've done in their last 8 or so games. Competitive losses and 4 wins. Not bad for a rookie squad. Unlike the Warriors and Nelson's incompetency, OKC recognizes that the future is where things are at, so they've allowed these kids to play and develop (mainly talking about Westbrook here, since the other two were guaranteed PT). And look at how it's paid off!

Someone said they need a more legit PG -- I absolutely disagree. Westbrook might not universally redefine the PG position, but what he's doing out there is something unlike that we've ever seen. He's rebounding like a PF out there, especially on the offensive end. This is not only a huge mismatch problem for opponents PG's (especially since opponents cant move their PG to cover the 2, because Mason is so tall and built), but it's also wearing them out as the game progresses. This, going along with the kids' stellar D, and he's already giving other PG's fits; and will continue to do so. If he could develop a jumper, watch out!

Officially on the bandwagon.

Nope, I haven't. I wish, I really like Durant and Green. Hence, one reason why both are on my fantasy teams. They could use a good coach while they're at it as well.

well, even though i really don't know their new(ish) coach, he's doing a good enough job. the team is now better than just mediocre, especially with tonight's impressive win over the pistons. looking at their past 10, i feel confident in projecting this is as a team that will definitely not only finish ahead of us this year, but already has more promise. hell, playoffs perhaps next year already??
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:41 am
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
E-Man wrote:i dont believe he should be either. he's good, but he's not an allstar...not this year. maybe next year.

i hope goose makes the team. at least reserve. with our record itll be difficult, but i really hope he makes it. hell i even hope millsap makes it for the simple sake of justice.

Adding Nenad Krstic was a great addition to the team. He's not a dominating center, but he puts up good stats and provides a strong presence down low. If they can add a more legit PG and add some depth off the bench, they could be a force in a couple years. Krstic, Wilcox, Durant, Green, PG w/ a bench? Nice line up.

I think they may be alright with their current PGs, as they seem to be passers, more so Watson than Westbrook but both seem to be passers. They need new bigs, as Wilcox and Collison seem to have thrown in the towel this season. They were promising before as solid players, more to come off the bench but they were solid, but this season they have been nothing. They are very young and need two veterans that have won before to give them that winning attitude. That experience means all the difference and young teams never win like the older experienced ones

That's true. I'd trade Wilcox away for a true vet at PF. If they really believe in Westbrook, though, I'd trade away Green for someone good.

Do you mean Jeff Green? He's a keeper I think. I see Durant better at SF than SG but he seems like he can handle SG well. They need big, simple as that and they have to get a little lucky in attracting one. Throwing a fair amount of money at one or looking to trade for one that wants out of his team would be the way to go. Boozer would fit in there real well and maybe Wilcox and Collison for him would be good enough for Utah

Yeah, I meant him. I think he's very expendable. I think the Thunder can afford both him and Durant when their contracts are up, respectively, but at the same time, I think he has a lot of great trade value. It'd be interesting if Blake Griffin came out and Oklahoma took him with the first pick. They'd still be very young, so I would imagine someone being traded.

There is no way that Green is expendable. That young nucleus of Durant, Green and Westbrook is amazing. Have you seen what they've done in their last 8 or so games. Competitive losses and 4 wins. Not bad for a rookie squad. Unlike the Warriors and Nelson's incompetency, OKC recognizes that the future is where things are at, so they've allowed these kids to play and develop (mainly talking about Westbrook here, since the other two were guaranteed PT). And look at how it's paid off!

Someone said they need a more legit PG -- I absolutely disagree. Westbrook might not universally redefine the PG position, but what he's doing out there is something unlike that we've ever seen. He's rebounding like a PF out there, especially on the offensive end. This is not only a huge mismatch problem for opponents PG's (especially since opponents cant move their PG to cover the 2, because Mason is so tall and built), but it's also wearing them out as the game progresses. This, going along with the kids' stellar D, and he's already giving other PG's fits; and will continue to do so. If he could develop a jumper, watch out!

Nope, I haven't. I wish, I really like Durant and Green. Hence, one reason why both are on my fantasy teams. They could use a good coach while they're at it as well.

well, even though i really don't know their new(ish) coach, he's doing a good enough job. the team is now better than just mediocre, especially with tonight's impressive win over the pistons. looking at their past 10, i feel confident in projecting this is as a team that will definitely not only finish ahead of us this year, but already has more promise. hell, playoffs perhaps next year already??

Well, they're a interesting team. And they have been competing with other teams, lately. I think they could be a playoff team, but it'd be tough. They're still in the Western Conference.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:04 am
xbay wrote:
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

Well, they're a interesting team. And they have been competing with other teams, lately. I think they could be a playoff team, but it'd be tough. They're still in the Western Conference.

Yeah, let's wait a bit before talking about playoffs for next year. They have some good pieces to build around, but we don't know which pick they're gonna have and who can they sign in free agency.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:40 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
rizon wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:
migya wrote:
xbay wrote:

Yeah, let's wait a bit before talking about playoffs for next year. They have some good pieces to build around, but we don't know which pick they're gonna have and who can they sign in free agency.

They need a top 5 pick, it is essential. They have been playing well lately, with a few wins, but they really need a high draft pick because that will give them a very good young player, either to keep or trade, alone or in a package, for a very good player. They need a Center, above all else and they also need a PF, as Wilcox is a pretender and Collison is a backup PF, a good one, but not as a starter.

They could be a real good team, but not with that roster, some changes are needed, not as many as many people would think, but their bigs are awful right now. They are guard and perimeter talent lead and their inside game is lacking alot. Imagine Boozer their, that team would improve drastically. Just add a Center like Jeff Foster, not a great talent but solid, and that team is set to improve quickly

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to NBA Forum