Starbury Rumors to Boston is reason why NBA has no integrety

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:49 am
Quazza wrote:spot on bigs. Everything I've read says he was originally offered a buyout of 21 mill. He wants it all

screw him

I still don't see a problem with that. I'd do the same thing if my company were trying to lowball me with a below contract value offer.

It'd be different if they were playing him and actively trying to trade him, but after telling him that he no longer has a place on their team, I'd do the same thing Marbury is doing. All the Knicks are doing is hurt his market value, so it's only natural that he wants to hurt them as much as possible. It's called pay back, and, in this case, the Knicks were looking for it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:spot on bigs. Everything I've read says he was originally offered a buyout of 21 mill. He wants it all

screw him

I still don't see a problem with that. I'd do the same thing if my company were trying to lowball me with a below contract value offer.

It'd be different if they were playing him and actively trying to trade him, but after telling him that he no longer has a place on their team, I'd do the same thing Marbury is doing. All the Knicks are doing is hurt his market value, so it's only natural that he wants to hurt them as much as possible. It's called pay back, and, in this case, the Knicks were looking for it.

I'm not completely informed with what happened, I thought it was Marbury that arrived to training camp late and out of shape, refused to follow instructions and basically didn't care about the team he was part of. If that was the case, he deserves nothing, but if it is as you say it and his team screwed him over, he deserves the whole lot. The full story needs to be known and I personally don't know it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:01 am
migya wrote:I'm not completely informed with what happened, I thought it was Marbury that arrived to training camp late and out of shape, refused to follow instructions and basically didn't care about the team he was part of. If that was the case, he deserves nothing, but if it is as you say it and his team screwed him over, he deserves the whole lot. The full story needs to be known and I personally don't know it

What I've read is that Marbury lost his starting spot to Duhon on training camp and the Knicks told him he wouldn't play anymore as a Knick. That he'd still practice with them but wouldn't play unless injuries forced them to do so. The Knicks also said he wouldn't be traded, released or waived

After that, Marbury rejected to enter a game in which the Knicks had only 8 available players and they took him apart from the team. Since then, he's been banned from team practices and, til this point, hasn't been allowed to rejoin the team.

That's what I've read, at least. If there's more, the story can be totally different. As for Marbury's behavior, I think he deserves a fine for refusing to enter the game, but it's clear the Knicks have gone over the top with him. That's why I'm taking his side in all this mess.

If the story is exactly as I've read, Marbury is right trying to screw the Knicks out of every single buck they owe him.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum