a cautious recommendation

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:36 pm
disclaimer:
1) this might not be the right forum, so i might feel Bigs' wrath because of so
2) and i am a warriors fan, through and through. so let me state that right away.

i'm sickened by this warrior season, and mostly with our management, our PATHETIC excuse for a coach, and our dismal "star" stephen jackson.

what's helped of late to cope with all of the preceding bullshit, has been to watch the suns play. obviously they are a rival. i know this. but i can't help but watch them still, and think positive thoughts.

most importantly, they have J-Rich. he is one of those Warriors, in fact the only one, that i absolutely still root for every night. and seeing him out there, with talent around him, especially in steve nash getting him the ball is something beautiful to watch. not only that, but watching him run around out there in an uptempo style of offense is bringing back fond memories of a couple years ago. the guy is virtually automatic on those transition threes, just like he was on our playoff push. i continuously have flashbacks of seeing those "we believe" shirts in the crowd go absolutely crazy, when he nails a long jumper that just breaks the oppositions back.

and really, it seems that the suns are basically the image of the team we wish to be. stars over pretend stars. a coach who wants to play defense (even though the players still dont), and an actual lineup that makes sense, especially with size and an aim for cleaning the glass.

so a cautious recommendation. when down in the dumps, but still antsy to watch good basketball, tune into the suns. you'll be treated to an exciting brand played by professional stars, and better yet, our old friend J-Rich succeeding, as he justifiably deserves.

p.s. a resurrected barnes is also inspiring. i think his mother's death really destroyed his season last year.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:33 pm
The NBA forum might have been a better place for this one in order to not incur the wrath of Sir Bigs.

I was just watching a little of the Suns-Trailblazers game. The Suns are stacked with old school talent. Now Richardson.. dayum..
It's bitter sweet to see Barnes doing so well with them. I'm happy for him though. Now that they have all those "names" on the team, they should be doing some damage... we shall see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:14 am
Moved to NBA forum.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:26 am
LOL!

Come on guys, I only bring out the "wrath" for people who are either stupid or create repetitious topics...........and you and this are neither Rizon. :wink:

But yeah, it does belong in the NBA Forum. :mrgreen:

As far as the topic............funnily enough, as die hard and cut throat as I am, I understand completely.

I find it insanely hard to watch other teams and find them interesting or fun to watch, simply because I just dont care............but when they have a couple or more players I like, or atleast play a great style of ball, you cant help but enjoy watching them if your a basketball fan.

Ive wanted to check out a Suns game recently, especially since J_Rich joined, cuz I still have alot of love for him.

Also, this is what our own team is driving us towards though me feels, as they are so disgusting to watch this year, and worse they are frustrating to watch.

I have never been this turned off by our team, EVER, even through all the playoff drought years, I was never so annoyed or down right disgusted with our team and coach.............I suppose cuz then, we were just crap, had a decent player or 2, went out there and gave it a shot and saw what happend.............where as this year, its just all been sabotaged by Nelson, and we could be alot better.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:41 am
bigstrads wrote:I find it insanely hard to watch other teams and find them interesting or fun to watch, simply because I just dont care............but when they have a couple or more players I like, or atleast play a great style of ball, you cant help but enjoy watching them if your a basketball fan.

That's why I'm secretly rooting for Miami (except when they play the Dubs, of course). And I'll do as long as Wade keeps playing for them.

After that, it's a completely different story.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:52 am
Phoenix looks phenomenal. I know they're still working J Rich in, but once they do they're going to be a scary team. Last night, their offense looked so smooth and if it weren't for Roy playing the best game of his life I would have said that for a run and gun team their defense wasn't that bad. Rizon I had the exact same feeling while watching them that you did, "that is what our team should look like".

Not re-signing Barnes was a huge mistake for this team, he would have come cheap and would have contributed (and would have made signing Maggette even stupider).

Oh well...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 pm
I've liked watching the Suns for quite some time and now that they have JRich they could really improve on the season and be real chances of going all the way this season

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:16 pm
after watching LOST like a religion, i will do what ever u say God..... ahem desmond..... i mean rizon!!! (u like that.. see how it perfectly fits well, eh... religion, god, desmond...i hope someone gets this, LOST fans anyone, besides rizon of course?... IM HOPELESS)
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:24 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:after watching LOST like a religion, i will do what ever u say God..... ahem desmond..... i mean rizon!!! (u like that.. see how it perfectly fits well, eh... religion, god, desmond...i hope someone gets this, LOST fans anyone, besides rizon of course?... IM HOPELESS)

Can't wait for that show to come back. Unlike Heroes, that show keeps getting weirder and better.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:29 pm
metalface wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:after watching LOST like a religion, i will do what ever u say God..... ahem desmond..... i mean rizon!!! (u like that.. see how it perfectly fits well, eh... religion, god, desmond...i hope someone gets this, LOST fans anyone, besides rizon of course?... IM HOPELESS)

Can't wait for that show to come back. Unlike Heroes, that show keeps getting weirder and better.

DUDE, heroes was the shizzy. Best first season in a shows history maybe (lost first season was great too). Second season of heroes was ok. Nothing compared to the strike, but still pretty good. Third Season, that whole mohinder thing in episode 1, and boom havent watched since. One episode destroyed any opportunity for watching that show anymore.

LOST had a poor season (3rd) but even that was better than any other drama/action show out there.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:02 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
metalface wrote:

DUDE, heroes was the shizzy. Best first season in a shows history maybe (lost first season was great too). Second season of heroes was ok. Nothing compared to the strike, but still pretty good. Third Season, that whole mohinder thing in episode 1, and boom havent watched since. One episode destroyed any opportunity for watching that show anymore.

LOST had a poor season (3rd) but even that was better than any other drama/action show out there.

Yeah I gave the new Heroes season like 4 episodes but it just was getting too ridiculous for me... I mean bringing up all these characters out of nowhere and making these stupid connections in between the characters just because they could. Im never watching that show ever again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 am
metalface wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
metalface wrote:

Yeah I gave the new Heroes season like 4 episodes but it just was getting too ridiculous for me... I mean bringing up all these characters out of nowhere and making these stupid connections in between the characters just because they could. Im never watching that show ever again.

wow 4 eps... i stopped at the 1. Mohinder turning dumb overnight scarred me too badly. And worst off, it felt like there was no one to root for. like, the great part of a good movie or show, is making your audience root for someone. Even if its someone evil, you need to make the audience root for someone/s (things, whatever). This show got me hating everyone, even hiro... i am completely done too
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:35 am
I tend to agree, season 3 of Heroes is disappointing. Mostly because they keep everything up in the air, and has been said, you don't know who to root for. But I see what they are doing. They are plotting it like a comic book.. there's no clean chapter endings, the story just continues. Only problem is, there is no clear Hero. The overemphasis of the duality, hero/villain in all of us, theme is getting old. Also, with the Hiro character still in play, they can change anything in the script they want by some simple time travel.

now what was this thread about in the first place?

oh yeah, recommending the Suns??? EFFF THAT!!!
If they are not playing the Warriors.....
maybe...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 pm
LOST is the best show ever!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:32 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:LOST is the best show ever!

there we go C.J., more posts glorifying LOST, less glorifying Barnes.
Next

Return to NBA Forum