Wat NBA coach will be fired next?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:34 pm
As TMC was rocking while he pondered this question (see theus firing thread), I'm going to ask it.... WHO"S NEXT?

I always thought it was going to be Dunleavy first... boy I was wrong... and I still think he should go. But he aint gonna be fired cuz management sucks.

SO i say Jim O'Brian, Indiana Pacers!

Thoughts?
Last edited by Mr. Crackerz on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:40 pm
I'm always rocking, Crack (may I call you crack?).

Hard to tell. I'd say Dunleavy and Nellie should be the next in line, but I doubt we'll see any of them fired this season.

Realistically, I think Mike Woodson and (surprisingly, because it's only his first season) Terry Porter might have to start winning more than they've done if they want to keep their jobs.

Particularly Woodson. There were rumors last year about him being fired that only stopped when Atlanta made the playoffs and almost beat Boston.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:56 pm
TMC wrote:I'm always rocking, Crack (may I call you crack?).

Hard to tell. I'd say Dunleavy and Nellie should be the next in line, but I doubt we'll see any of them fired this season.

Realistically, I think Mike Woodson and (surprisingly, because it's only his first season) Terry Porter might have to start winning more than they've done if they want to keep their jobs.

Particularly Woodson. There were rumors last year about him being fired that only stopped when Atlanta made the playoffs and almost beat Boston.

I perfer weed over crack... less damage to the brain :wink:

but Mike Woodson? he's having his best season so far, and has no help with player depth... i think he deserves more coach of the year recognition instead of being fired
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:17 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:but Mike Woodson? he's having his best season so far, and has no help with player depth... i think he deserves more coach of the year recognition instead of being fired

Yeah, I'm just saying they wanted to fire him last year, and that's usually a bad omen for coaches. Look what happened to Sam Mitchell.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:29 pm
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:but Mike Woodson? he's having his best season so far, and has no help with player depth... i think he deserves more coach of the year recognition instead of being fired

Yeah, I'm just saying they wanted to fire him last year, and that's usually a bad omen for coaches. Look what happened to Sam Mitchell.

thats true... But as long as the Hawks have a over .500 record, i cant see them firing Woodson... but ur point is incredibly valid. Mitchell wasn't the coach for the Raptors, but that doesnt me he deserved to be fired.

Too many coaches being fired for the wrong reasons. If a team wants to succeed, they need to stick with 1 coach, thick and thin, UNLESS that coach is THE main reason of cause (Nelly might fit in here). Theus, Cheeks, and Mitchell didnt get a long enough shot or were ousted unfairly and early. Thats why i have respect for the Pittsbugh Steelers and Utah Jazz owners and other organizations which keep there coaches for a long time

I wish Al Davis stuck with someone. Al Davis, im a raider fan, but u dont fit in this mold of an owner at all... and don't be confused with the wax melting mold looking skin of yours.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:

thats true... But as long as the Hawks have a over .500 record, i cant see them firing Woodson... but ur point is incredibly valid. Mitchell wasn't the coach for the Raptors, but that doesnt me he deserved to be fired.

Too many coaches being fired for the wrong reasons. If a team wants to succeed, they need to stick with 1 coach, thick and thin, UNLESS that coach is THE main reason of cause (Nelly might fit in here). Theus, Cheeks, and Mitchell didnt get a long enough shot or were ousted unfairly and early. Thats why i have respect for the Pittsbugh Steelers and Utah Jazz owners and other organizations which keep there coaches for a long time

I wish Al Davis stuck with someone. Al Davis, im a raider fan, but u dont fit in this mold of an owner at all... and don't be confused with the wax melting mold looking skin of yours.

Agreed on everything except on Mitchell. That guy was there for... what? 4 seasons or so, and looked lost on the court. I'm sure he can be a great motivator and all, and he probably carried himself with the right attitude, but his coaching during games left a lot to be desired. I think Toronto should have fired him earlier, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:04 pm
DING DING DING... WE have a winner.... Terry Porter of the Phoenix Suns, ur the next contestant on Screwed Up Idol

Return to NBA Forum