Mobley forced to retire

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:19 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3762828

Interesting part:

"The Knicks acquired Mobley last month from the Los Angeles Clippers -- a trade that may ultimately have saved his life. An EKG during his physical showed an irregularity with the heart, which Mobley already knew existed. The Knicks decided to perform an MRI exam, which revealed the more serious condition that previously had gone undetected."

Good for him that they discovered it before it was too late. The Knicks are still looking for guards...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:34 pm
The Knicks never wanted Mobley, just his expiring salary (in 2010), as proven by the fact that the trade still went through.

It's a shame a guy like him has to retire. He still could have helped somebody coming from the bench, but when health is at stake, there's no choice.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:43 pm
TMC wrote:The Knicks never wanted Mobley, just his expiring salary (in 2010), as proven by the fact that the trade still went through.

It's a shame a guy like him has to retire. He still could have helped somebody coming from the bench, but when health is at stake, there's no choice.

It is a shame.............well, apart from the fact he was a Warrior killer. :wink:

Jesus though, imagine if he hadnt have been traded??? Dunleavy said, when the the trade was stalled, that they had had him checked out and all was fine............but obviously not, so imagine if hed have stayed with the Clips and they stayed satisfied with his problem? :shock:

Good for Mobley that it was properly caught and he hopefully wont be at serious risk anymore.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:05 pm
Cuttino Mobley had truly one of the most unique journeys in the NBA in recent times. and someone i can claim i've follewed their career more then almost most stars in the nba.

i remember him and the Franchise, they were the tag team, they were best buddies and were unstoppable for a few seasons in Houston. He just kept getting better and better. And then, he started to regress, which i dont get. he was still relatively young. but he shot poorly, and made worse and worse desisionHe gets trade to Orlando, separated with his boy Franchise, which was at the same time the beginning of the end of steve too after the trade.

Then, the thing im most familier with was his brief appearance with Sactown. This trade, which was an outcry by talk radio and other press here where i live in sactown. He and Webber, were criticized and booed for each and every error, unfairly mostly. They didn't blame a struggling Bibby at the time, they wanted the old asss christie back who should of retired (and was traded for mobley), peja played poorly (but kings fans didnt care) they blamed the 2 best players on an underachieving team, Which i was disturbed about.

I moved down to SoCal the same time Mobley was with Clipper town. Saw a couple games... i liked the guy. Was not a favorite player for him, but i think the some much anti mobley in sactown got me to default a fan of him.

I saw him in the preseason this year, when the kings played clippers in Stockton. he played a good amount of time, and helped defeat a Sacramento team that was up most of the game. I told my cousin and bro at the time, that Mobley must feel good beating those queens, despite it just being an exhibition game.

wish the guy well, and hopefully he stays healthy for a long, long time.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Cuttino Mobley had truly one of the most unique journeys in the NBA in recent times. and someone i can claim i've follewed their career more then almost most stars in the nba.

i remember him and the Franchise, they were the tag team, they were best buddies and were unstoppable for a few seasons in Houston. He just kept getting better and better. And then, he started to regress, which i dont get. he was still relatively young. but he shot poorly, and made worse and worse desisionHe gets trade to Orlando, separated with his boy Franchise, which was at the same time the beginning of the end of steve too after the trade.

Then, the thing im most familier with was his brief appearance with Sactown. This trade, which was an outcry by talk radio and other press here where i live in sactown. He and Webber, were criticized and booed for each and every error, unfairly mostly. They didn't blame a struggling Bibby at the time, they wanted the old asss christie back who should of retired (and was traded for mobley), peja played poorly (but kings fans didnt care) they blamed the 2 best players on an underachieving team, Which i was disturbed about.

I moved down to SoCal the same time Mobley was with Clipper town. Saw a couple games... i liked the guy. Was not a favorite player for him, but i think the some much anti mobley in sactown got me to default a fan of him.

I saw him in the preseason this year, when the kings played clippers in Stockton. he played a good amount of time, and helped defeat a Sacramento team that was up most of the game. I told my cousin and bro at the time, that Mobley must feel good beating those queens, despite it just being an exhibition game.

that would make a nice eulogy
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:21 pm
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Cuttino Mobley had truly one of the most unique journeys in the NBA in recent times. and someone i can claim i've follewed their career more then almost most stars in the nba.

that would make a nice eulogy

LOL!!! Lets not think about that though. :roll: :mrgreen:
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:14 pm
Mobley should thank LeBron.

But I'm gonna miss the cat. He was truly underrated his whole career. I woulda taken his left handed stroke on my team any day of the week. I remember I went to a Rocket's W's game one time back when the Rockets had their old jerseys and Mobley just went off on us, talkin **** the whole game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:18 pm
xfactor103 wrote:Mobley should thank LeBron.

But I'm gonna miss the cat. He was truly underrated his whole career. I woulda taken his left handed stroke on my team any day of the week. I remember I went to a Rocket's W's game one time back when the Rockets had their old jerseys and Mobley just went off on us, talkin **** the whole game.

not to bag on Mobley, but he wasnt exactly underrated his whole career. He was a decent to good player that cashed in acouple times along the way. It is very unfortunate that his career had to end so abruptly, but atleast he should have a long life ahead of him.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:10 pm
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:The Knicks never wanted Mobley, just his expiring salary (in 2010), as proven by the fact that the trade still went through.

It is a shame.............well, apart from the fact he was a Warrior killer. :wink:

Jesus though, imagine if he hadnt have been traded??? Dunleavy said, when the the trade was stalled, that they had had him checked out and all was fine............but obviously not, so imagine if hed have stayed with the Clips and they stayed satisfied with his problem? :shock:

Good for Mobley that it was properly caught and he hopefully wont be at serious risk anymore.

or maybe that evil son of a bitch dunleavy knew all along his heart problem was an issue and was trying to get rid of him
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

Return to NBA Forum