JRICH a SUN

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:55 pm
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
fine wrote:
E-Man wrote:
bigstrads wrote:WTF???

Link???

Thats a ridiculously lopsided trade for the Suns.............how the hell do you only get a one dimensional flopper and a washed up has been for J-Rich........AND a promising young guy in Dudley!!!

This is insane if its true. :roll:

Suns =

Shaq
Amare
Barnes
J-Rich
Nash

Thats insane.

well bell's 5mill is gone before 2010, and morrison, felton, and may's contracts can be also. all those contracts added up is roughly 20 mill...maybe theyre trying to get into the FA sweepstakes.

instead of going after free agents, i bet they will start trading all their expirings to teams that can actually land free agents in 2010, in return for longer contracted good players.

then why havent they offered us anything for maggs/jackson? :mrgreen:

naw i highly doubt they would help other teams by sending expiring contracts elsewhere. besides, jrich isnt an expirer by 2010 if i recall (i may be wrong, but im too lazy to check). maybe they arent trying to get one of the bigger names like wade, bosh, amare, and lebron...maybe they're gonna try to get someone else that may be pretty young and try to lure them in. or maybe theyre gonna wait til the year after and go after roy (though he'll likely be extended)

who knows what jordan is trying to do over there. theyve got a hell of a defensive team now though.

Larry Brown, the coach over there, has always been a defense first coach and now he has the players to do that. If Bell can score some (if he gets a chance to that is) and they can stay healthy, they could even improve their wins simply by being more built for Brown

actually, gerald wallace becomes the primary scorer again and theyre gonna ask for more offense fom okafor (which may hurt his game as it did last year). raja bell will end up being a third, fourth, or even scoring option depending on how felton and diaw are hitting.

Their offense might not be that good, likely not as good as before this trade, though who knows, Felton and Augustin might be the backcourt and both score a fair bit more, more than making up for the loss of JRich. Their defense should be much improved, at least a fair bit improved, enough to be in the top third of teams in the East defensively and defense makes more of an impact than offense in the overall picture.

The Bobcats have gotten more experience and that should mean alot IF they make it to the playoffs. If I was them, I'd look to trade GWallace for someone good, like Rudy Gay or even Odom (though they'd like to get another player as well but that would mean too much salary in return for the trade to work). GWallace is just too injury prone and it's happening again this season. He has been real good for them but right now he is their primary scoring playmaker and by that I mean he creates for himself better than anyone on that team, even Felton, but not by much really. They would need to get another playmaking SF in return, preferrably one that can play PF as well and who plays some defense too.

They have direction just not sure what they'll get out of it and they really need one more move that gets them an effective role player, maybe trading Morrison, who does little, to get that role player

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:58 pm
J-Rich is a STAR, the bobcats are getting role players, Suns def got the better of the trade. Nice Starting line up for them Nash def going to make hime better, find him with open looks.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:08 pm
migya wrote:Their offense might not be that good, likely not as good as before this trade, though who knows, Felton and Augustin might be the backcourt and both score a fair bit more, more than making up for the loss of JRich. Their defense should be much improved, at least a fair bit improved, enough to be in the top third of teams in the East defensively and defense makes more of an impact than offense in the overall picture.

The Bobcats have gotten more experience and that should mean alot IF they make it to the playoffs. If I was them, I'd look to trade GWallace for someone good, like Rudy Gay or even Odom (though they'd like to get another player as well but that would mean too much salary in return for the trade to work). GWallace is just too injury prone and it's happening again this season. He has been real good for them but right now he is their primary scoring playmaker and by that I mean he creates for himself better than anyone on that team, even Felton, but not by much really. They would need to get another playmaking SF in return, preferrably one that can play PF as well and who plays some defense too.

They have direction just not sure what they'll get out of it and they really need one more move that gets them an effective role player, maybe trading Morrison, who does little, to get that role player

only reason he's out right now is cuz he's been with family since his grandmother passed. and those are the only games he's missed this season. gerald wallace isnt a star nor is he the guy you give it to when you need someone clutch (which is what i think the bobcats are lacking now that they're without jrich), but i honestly think that when he gets back, they will be fine. similar to larry brown's pistons of 03-04 actually. instead of trading wallace i would start bell with felton and move dj back to the bench. that would give a good balance of offense and defense on the starting unit as well as a reliable back up point guard to lead the second unit. if their bench could step up (or if jordan can get some better talent) then i would say the bobcats could be a force to reckon with in the east (though most of their team is overpaid)
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:16 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:J-Rich is a STAR, the bobcats are getting role players, Suns def got the better of the trade. Nice Starting line up for them Nash def going to make hime better, find him with open looks.

i would disagree. as long as the suns have shaq, they arent going to be a running team. they will run when shaq doesnt play in a game and thats when J-Rich will flourish, which is what is happening to barnes. but J-Rich has never played with big men that had such dominant scoring roles as shaq and amare do. those two big guys command so much attention on the offensive end and become the focal point of the suns offense that j-rich practically becomes a 3pt-midrange shooter and out of the shoot or slash role that he's been used to. with the key so congested, look for J-Rich to take less FTs and more 3s.

the suns may have gained a more prolific(sp?) scorer, but they lost one of the better defenders in the league.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:31 pm
E-Man wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:J-Rich is a STAR, the bobcats are getting role players, Suns def got the better of the trade. Nice Starting line up for them Nash def going to make hime better, find him with open looks.

i would disagree. as long as the suns have shaq, they arent going to be a running team. they will run when shaq doesnt play in a game and thats when J-Rich will flourish, which is what is happening to barnes. but J-Rich has never played with big men that had such dominant scoring roles as shaq and amare do. those two big guys command so much attention on the offensive end and become the focal point of the suns offense that j-rich practically becomes a 3pt-midrange shooter and out of the shoot or slash role that he's been used to. with the key so congested, look for J-Rich to take less FTs and more 3s.

the suns may have gained a more prolific(sp?) scorer, but they lost one of the better defenders in the league.

J-Rich has improved his game big time, especailly on the 3 point line he is shooting almost 46 percent on the 3, imagine shaq and Amare getting double team and passing it to him.

With Nash as a distributor, he is the most unselfish point guard in the league and will find J-Rich.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:37 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
E-Man wrote:

J-Rich has improved his game big time, especailly on the 3 point line he is shooting almost 46 percent on the 3, imagine shaq and Amare getting double team and passing it to him.

With Nash as a distributor, he is the most unselfish point guard in the league and will find J-Rich.

extremely hard to imagine since that's not really their game. shaq barrels his way in no matter what most of the time and amare is more of a face the basket post player. he'll take other big guys off the dribble and either score or get to the line. both those big guys combined only average 3 assists per game, and i dont see that changing much.

i do agree that nash will get the ball to j-rich in the open court and make j-rich look good, but again...that's in the games that shaq isnt playing in or in fast paced games. and again, the suns arent a fast team with shaq playing.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:59 pm
E-Man wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:
E-Man wrote:

extremely hard to imagine since that's not really their game. shaq barrels his way in no matter what most of the time and amare is more of a face the basket post player. he'll take other big guys off the dribble and either score or get to the line. both those big guys combined only average 3 assists per game, and i dont see that changing much.

i do agree that nash will get the ball to j-rich in the open court and make j-rich look good, but again...that's in the games that shaq isnt playing in or in fast paced games. and again, the suns arent a fast team with shaq playing.

The guy is shooting 46 percent from 3's and u said he's going to have to be a 3 point shooter since the key will be congested with SHaq and Amare.
Ive noticed much improvement with J-Rich he is def is in his prime.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:23 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:The guy is shooting 46 percent from 3's and u said he's going to have to be a 3 point shooter since the key will be congested with SHaq and Amare.
Ive noticed much improvement with J-Rich he is def is in his prime.

but i also mentioned the fact that amare and shaq touch the ball a lot...it's not likely that j-rich will get it as much as we'd all like him to (except when he's playing the warriors :mrgreen: ). amare and shaq alone take 25 fg attempts per game.

he also goes to the line 4 times a game, but in phoenix it will likely drop a little. his rebounding will likely drop as well despite being a pretty good rebounder at his position. this year he is averaging one steal per game which is below his career average and half a steal below last season. his defensive game has improved but it is nowhere near enough to cover what the suns lost in bell. bell's defense was beyond that stat sheet. his career average in steals doesnt show what he's done as far as defending kobe, wade, and even baron just to name a couple.

as much as i wish j-rich well in phoenix, i dont see him being as good as he was here or even in charlotte. i see his numbers in phoenix looking more like 15-17points, 3-4rebs, 3-4asts, and 1-1.5 steals. only reason i see his assists going up is because amare and shaq are there. dont get it twisted, i think j-rich is a better overall player than bell. and will score more than bell. but i dont think this was a great move in j-rich's favor and i dont think it was lopsided in any way towards the suns.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:42 pm
I see your point in stating that J-Rich's numbers will go down considering that Shaq and Amare are the center piece of that team.

Either way i think he will blend well with this team and improve them. Indivdually his stats might go down (not by much though), his ability to score and and make the 3's will make the team much better.

Just looked at the standings and the Suns are in 9th position. With the talent they have that should not be the case.

This is how i rank the top 9 teams since the acquistion of J-Rich to the Suns. And these are the 9 teams that will be fighting for playoff spot at the end of the year.

1. Fakers
2. Spurs
3. Suns
4. Jazz
5. Hornets
6. Rockets
7. Trailblazers
8. Nuggets
9. Mavs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:13 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:I see your point in stating that J-Rich's numbers will go down considering that Shaq and Amare are the center piece of that team.

Either way i think he will blend well with this team and improve them. Indivdually his stats might go down (not by much though), his ability to score and and make the 3's will make the team much better.

Just looked at the standings and the Suns are in 9th position. With the talent they have that should not be the case.

This is how i rank the top 9 teams since the acquistion of J-Rich to the Suns. And these are the 9 teams that will be fighting for playoff spot at the end of the year.

1. Fakers
2. Spurs
3. Suns
4. Jazz
5. Hornets
6. Rockets
7. Trailblazers
8. Nuggets
9. Mavs.

Suns need some serious changes before they can be considered top 4, as much as I think they can do it, it will take a big change from what they've done so far

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:44 pm
I think once the Jazz are fully healthy, that team is much better than you may think. The Hornets have been disappointing, thus far. Their bench hasn't helped them as much, but I do think Antonio Daniels is an upgrade over Mike James.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:54 pm
migya wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I see your point in stating that J-Rich's numbers will go down considering that Shaq and Amare are the center piece of that team.

1. Fakers
2. Spurs
3. Suns
4. Jazz
5. Hornets
6. Rockets
7. Trailblazers
8. Nuggets
9. Mavs.

Suns need some serious changes before they can be considered top 4, as much as I think they can do it, it will take a big change from what they've done so far

The fight for the top 4 playoff spots is going to be super tight, i think all those 4 teams are going to be interchange-able by the end of the year. The suns now have great low post, best passing point guard in the game, and added a great in J-Rich. I really think he will take them over the top.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:12 pm
xbay wrote:I think once the Jazz are fully healthy, that team is much better than you may think. The Hornets have been disappointing, thus far. Their bench hasn't helped them as much, but I do think Antonio Daniels is an upgrade over Mike James.

True True, its amazing how they are weathering the storm with both of their star players injured (Boozer and Deron). Am aware of the Jazz and with the same roster that already know what it's like to be in the playoffs they will be top competetion come playoff time

As for the hornets Chris Paul has to carry that whole team. Take him off the team, and they would be part of the bottom dwellers.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:02 am
J-Rich had a good debut today. He looks good in a Suns uniform, not as good as when he was in a Warrior uni, but much better than the Bobcats :)

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:12 am
SFWarriors wrote:J-Rich had a good debut today. He looks good in a Suns uniform, not as good as when he was in a Warrior uni, but much better than the Bobcats :)

he definitely did look good today. the suns could only hope he plays like this when shaq is playing too, but i doubt thats the case.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum