JRICH a SUN

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:53 pm
yes!!! now jrich gets to tear us a new one FOUR TIMES A YEAR! :shock:

man...i had a feeling they were gonna trade jrich instead of wallace. they might still end up trading wallace, but not til the deadline...with any luck itll be with us for maggs
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 pm
bigstrads wrote:WTF???

Link???

Thats a ridiculously lopsided trade for the Suns.............how the hell do you only get a one dimensional flopper and a washed up has been for J-Rich........AND a promising young guy in Dudley!!!

This is insane if its true. :roll:

Suns =

Shaq
Amare
Barnes
J-Rich
Nash

Thats insane.

well bell's 5mill is gone before 2010, and morrison, felton, and may's contracts can be also. all those contracts added up is roughly 20 mill...maybe theyre trying to get into the FA sweepstakes.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:40 pm
True, but one makes me wonder why they'd bring in Larry Brown if they were going to make a splash in 2010.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:41 pm
E-Man wrote:
bigstrads wrote:WTF???

Link???

Thats a ridiculously lopsided trade for the Suns.............how the hell do you only get a one dimensional flopper and a washed up has been for J-Rich........AND a promising young guy in Dudley!!!

This is insane if its true. :roll:

Suns =

Shaq
Amare
Barnes
J-Rich
Nash

Thats insane.

well bell's 5mill is gone before 2010, and morrison, felton, and may's contracts can be also. all those contracts added up is roughly 20 mill...maybe theyre trying to get into the FA sweepstakes.

instead of going after free agents, i bet they will start trading all their expirings to teams that can actually land free agents in 2010, in return for longer contracted good players.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:46 pm
A trade like this again demonstrates why the Warriors desperately need to get a real front office person to take charge of this team. That starting five for Phoenix is not only loaded, but it is very balanced, too. Compare that to the Warriors starting five. The Warriors just do not have any strategic plan to build a team which can eventually make a deep run in the playoffs and possibly compete for a championship.

Mullin gets outmanuevered again...sigh...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:31 pm
I'm so happy for J-Rich, he deserves to be on a better team than the Warriors and the Bobcats!

I'm slowly becoming a Phoenix Suns fan (blasphemy I know!).

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:41 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I'm so happy for J-Rich, he deserves to be on a better team than the Warriors and the Bobcats!

I'm slowly becoming a BANDWAGON fan (blasphemy I know!).

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:47 pm
Well the D' Antoni purge continues. Kerr was never a fan of Boris Diaw, and Raja is a nice player but is hardly going to tear apart the Warriors and destroy our playoff hopes like J-Rich did last year with the lowly Bobcats. The beatdown of the Fakers by the Queens, shows that regular season is for finesse and positioning, and that the physical teams will dominate the playoffs. If Phoenix can add another piece, there might be another epic showdown between Kobe and Shaq.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:47 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I'm so happy for J-Rich, he deserves to be on a better team than the Warriors and the Bobcats!

Not bandwagon at all! J-Rich and Amaré are two of my favorite basketball players. And I love Matt, of course!

Not my fault they all ended up on the same team!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Not bandwagon at all! J-Rich and Amaré are two of my favorite basketball players. And I love Matt, of course!

The whiner? Amare? (i would do that accent, but i could care less for him)

anyway, i do like j-rich, and steve nash is MY favorite player (AI too). But im no way gonna be a sun fan. UGH!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

anyway, i do like j-rich, and steve nash is MY favorite player (AI too). But im no way gonna be a sun fan. UGH!

It's actually Amar´e or something gay like that. But I like him as a player, it's not about whether he whines...at least he doesn't flop around like Ginobli.

AI is the reason I started watching basketball though, when he was with the 76ers, but I don't really like him as a person.

Either way, I have no problem rooting for the Suns as long as teh Warriors suck and as long as the Suns winning doesn't affect the Warriors standing.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

It's actually Amar´e or something gay like that. But I like him as a player, it's not about whether he whines...at least he doesn't flop around like Ginobli.

AI is the reason I started watching basketball though, when he was with the 76ers, but I don't really like him as a person.

Either way, I have no problem rooting for the Suns as long as teh Warriors suck and as long as the Suns winning doesn't affect the Warriors standing.

I've never understood this train of thought. I want the Warriors to win and the 29 other teams to lose every game. I don't buy into having "2nd teams" at all. It's all or nothing
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:46 pm
Quazza wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

I've never understood this train of thought. I want the Warriors to win and the 29 other teams to lose every game. I don't buy into having "2nd teams" at all. It's all or nothing

Why? I like watching good, entertaining basketball, regardless of the team. If the Warriors were in the playoff race I'd be rooting for the Suns to lose because it would benefit the Warriors, but the Suns winning isn't hurting the W's right now. It's not so much that I would be all about the Suns franchise or anything, but when they have 3 of my favorite players on their team I'm going to watch them and I'm going to want them to succeed. Like I said, it's about enjoying quality basketball. Same reason I really like Peyton Manning and the Colts, they play GOOD football.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:31 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Quazza wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Why? I like watching good, entertaining basketball, regardless of the team. If the Warriors were in the playoff race I'd be rooting for the Suns to lose because it would benefit the Warriors, but the Suns winning isn't hurting the W's right now. It's not so much that I would be all about the Suns franchise or anything, but when they have 3 of my favorite players on their team I'm going to watch them and I'm going to want them to succeed. Like I said, it's about enjoying quality basketball. Same reason I really like Peyton Manning and the Colts, they play GOOD football.

I like watching great basketball as well, but i just can't bring myself to root for another team is all. But yeah, i guess there are teams i hate less than others

Wasn't having a go at ya at all. Have had this same convo with a ton of people about the AFL too (Aust Rules Football)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:44 pm
Quazza wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Quazza wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

I like watching great basketball as well, but i just can't bring myself to root for another team is all. But yeah, i guess there are teams i hate less than others

Wasn't having a go at ya at all. Have had this same convo with a ton of people about the AFL too (Aust Rules Football)

well i agree with some of what you both say. Like i do think you can have 2 teams, but only when both those teams are location base (i.e. hometown or family's hometown). I don't think one player should determine whether you like a team or not, because anyone can leave anything and in sports the most important thing is team (theres no I in team). Therefore team loyalty is more important than player loyalty.

but yeah capt. i agree with the notion that you enjoy the colts cuz manning is a beast. I don't necessarly root for the colts, but i root for manning, who is the best QB in the league (Romo 2nd of course). But I dont consider myself a fan of the team, cuz win or lose, i dont care. Its different on how i see the Patriots, cuz i hope they always lose. And the Celtics, and the Red Sox
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum