JRICH a SUN

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
I'd love Avery here, but I don't see the front office following through on it.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:11 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:on the Suns, look like Gentry has them running. Actually, can see a new coach putting any Stoudamire trade on ice

Gentry has talent and has a chance to get a permanent head coaching job (if the Suns do real good that is) for some years. It is so much easier to win when you have talent on your team and he has that and he would be the envy of many would be coaches right now.

On another note, it is strange that Avery Johnson has not been mentioned in any head coaching talk, as far as I've seen. He is a very highly regarded coach with the credentials. I'd want him here if Nelson was to go

once again though, perhaps the wrong coach for the Suns roster
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 am
mfwilkens wrote:I'd love Avery here, but I don't see the front office following through on it.

Not if Nelson stays. If he left this offseason, Avery would be a real option as he has replaced Nelson before with great success

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:06 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:on the Suns, look like Gentry has them running. Actually, can see a new coach putting any Stoudamire trade on ice

Gentry has talent and has a chance to get a permanent head coaching job (if the Suns do real good that is) for some years. It is so much easier to win when you have talent on your team and he has that and he would be the envy of many would be coaches right now.

On another note, it is strange that Avery Johnson has not been mentioned in any head coaching talk, as far as I've seen. He is a very highly regarded coach with the credentials. I'd want him here if Nelson was to go

once again though, perhaps the wrong coach for the Suns roster

im not sure about that. i think that he can bring back a lil of d'antoni's running style to the team while also running plays thru shaq when the game slows down. they did a pretty good job of it last night...but that was against the clippers and without marcus camby (and without randolph for most of the game as well due to stupidity). but i guess we'll see.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:57 pm
well that would go against his resume at Dallas. He was a slow it down, defence coach who yelled plays from the side line.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:10 pm
Quazza wrote:well that would go against his resume at Dallas. He was a slow it down, defence coach who yelled plays from the side line.

my bad, i was talking about gentry...not avery
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:36 pm
E-Man wrote:
Quazza wrote:well that would go against his resume at Dallas. He was a slow it down, defence coach who yelled plays from the side line.

my bad, i was talking about gentry...not avery

ah hah no worries E. On Gentry though, agreed. I think he'll bring back a lot of the run

imo, when you have a guard like Nash at the helm, as a coach you gotta put your trust in him. He knows when to run, and he knows when to pull it back a notch. Let him do his thing
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:41 pm
JRich got arrested.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:49 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:JRich got arrested.

Yeah, 2 days ago...go back a couple pages.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm
Man, J-Rich got embarrassed by LBJ tonight. Should have had a foul called.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:50 pm
metalface wrote:Man, J-Rich got embarrassed by LBJ tonight. Should have had a foul called.

such a blatant foul lol... but why is he showing off on a non breakaway dunk.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:26 pm
Great game by JR today. He's done some stupid things lately but I'm pulling for him and the suns to take that 8th spot from Dallas. Can't stand the Mavs. 3.5 games back now.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum