Davis injured already.

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:57 pm
baron davis turns in another stellar performance..

5-17 and 0-8 3 pointers 8 assists.

wowza. This guy chucks up a lot of bricks.

its like this guy wants to be a warrior in a clippers uni.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:33 am
saintdee wrote:baron davis turns in another stellar performance..

Ewww, another awful game for Baron............something is gonna change in Clipper land very soon.

I wonder if theyd take Harrington and Marco for Baron??? :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 am
bigstrads wrote:

Ewww, another awful game for Baron............something is gonna change in Clipper land very soon.

do we want this current baron right now? between him and jax we'll be like 2-20 from 3s.

Give me contract year Baron plz. not I have 5 years deal so I'll chuck and date Kate Hudson Baron
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:50 am
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

do we want this current baron right now? between him and jax we'll be like 2-20 from 3s.

Give me contract year Baron plz. not I have 5 years deal so I'll chuck and date Kate Hudson Baron

Nah, I was only kidding..............but Im sure Baron wouldnt be as bad with us, as he is with the Clips right now.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:12 pm
following the clippers-Heat game by the boxscore, and Baron was attempting to lose the game all by himself.

on a horrible shooting night, he has taken two 3 pointers in the last minute of the game(the rest of the team had given the clippers the lead), and missed both. during this stretch, d-wade brought the heat back from down 5 or 6 to down by 1. then with 7 seconds left baron turns the ball over to d-wade.

eh, clips still won but it's the same old baron. poor clippers.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:22 pm
Clippers' Davis leaves game with apparent food poisoning

Posted Dec 3 2008 9:41PM

HOUSTON (AP) -- Los Angeles Clippers guard Baron Davis left in the first quarter of Wednesday's game against Houston with apparent food poisoning.

Davis, the Clippers' second-leading scorer, had four points and one assist in 10 minutes before he was replaced by Eric Gordon. The Clippers said his return to the game was questionable.

hahahahahaha
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:05 pm
Ha ha ha ha...maybe that explains the food poisoning.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_11172335

Baron Davis, meanwhile, has not been eating healthier. The New York Daily News reported that the Clippers are miffed about Davis' Jenny Craig endorsement. It seems they believe that after they signed him for $62.5 million, he took $250,000 from the diet company and intentionally gained weight so he would have more to lose for endorsement purposes.

Not a surprise...one of the many reasons I don't like him and his attitude.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:19 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Ha ha ha ha...maybe that explains the food poisoning.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_11172335

Baron Davis, meanwhile, has not been eating healthier. The New York Daily News reported that the Clippers are miffed about Davis' Jenny Craig endorsement. It seems they believe that after they signed him for $62.5 million, he took $250,000 from the diet company and intentionally gained weight so he would have more to lose for endorsement purposes.

Not a surprise...one of the many reasons I don't like him and his attitude.

haha i thought the derrick rose story was pretty fun. Its funny cuz he's ok and will be fine. I like the kid and his style of play, but he always seems to have the craziest instances happen to him.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:01 pm
So is Baron hurt or did he get benched? (yes I know it says coaches decisions which would imply he was benched, but I didn't watch the game so I thought I'd double check)

http://www.nba.com/games/20090102/LACPHX/boxscore.html
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:05 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:So is Baron hurt or did he get benched? (yes I know it says coaches decisions which would imply he was benched, but I didn't watch the game so I thought I'd double check)

Bruised ass bone apparently Cap =

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3326
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:11 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:So is Baron hurt or did he get benched? (yes I know it says coaches decisions which would imply he was benched, but I didn't watch the game so I thought I'd double check)

Bruised ass bone apparently Cap =

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3326

Thanks Bigs! Either way...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:03 pm
I love it how we have and will continue to use this thread for probably the rest of his career... baron always is hurt, and despite what everyone says, i don't miss him. But i will admit, i'd have baron>maggs/crawful any day.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:25 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I love it how we have and will continue to use this thread for probably the rest of his career... baron always is hurt, and despite what everyone says, i don't miss him. But i will admit, i'd have baron>maggs/crawful any day.

Word.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I love it how we have and will continue to use this thread for probably the rest of his career... baron always is hurt, and despite what everyone says, i don't miss him. But i will admit, i'd have baron>maggs/crawful any day.

And Maggette wil always be injured and Crawford will always be on a losing team :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:11 pm
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-clipperfyi5-2009jan05,0,3685094.story?track=rss
Mike Dunleavy zooms in on agents
Allen J. Schaben / Los Angeles Times

By Broderick Turner
7:30 PM PST, January 4, 2009
Agents often have the ear of their clients, giving the player advice on when to push through an injury and when to shut it down.

With the rash of injuries the Clippers have, Coach Mike Dunleavy wondered what role, if any, the agents for the team's injured players have had in the players returning later rather than sooner.

"When guys get injured, typically you have agents that are going to tell them, 'There's no reason to hurry back. Make sure you're 110% healthy before you come back,' " said Dunleavy, also the team's general manager. "I think that's one of the things you have to try and guard against. We don't ever want anybody coming back that has a chance of injuring themselves."

Baron Davis (bruised tailbone), Zach Randolph (sore left knee), Jason Hart (right elbow tendinitis), Chris Kaman (strained left arch), Mike Taylor (fractured right thumb) and Ricky Davis (sore left knee) all have timetables that may not be met because of the reason Dunleavy outlined.

And Fred Jones, who was thrust into the role of starting point guard Sunday, sprained his right foot in the first quarter.

Brian Skinner played with a leg bruise, Hart had an MRI exam Saturday that was negative and Randolph won't make the three-game trip that starts Tuesday in Dallas and could be out another two weeks.

Dunleavy says Kaman will get another MRI exam in 1 1/2 weeks, meaning the center will be out at least another two weeks.

Asked when he might return, Baron Davis said, "hopefully within the next couple of weeks."

They have a starting lineup worth of player's injured, and a bruised tailbone keeps baron out for maybe a couple of weeks? Actually makes me glad to have Nellie as our coach and Jax as our captain.

Clippers suck. Everything about them sucks. Everyone knows it, but NO ONE is doing anything about it. That makes them suck even more.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum