Davis injured already.

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:42 pm
JOEL wrote:
Mississippi Bullet 8 wrote:He is so injury prone....even if he doesnt miss anytime this is a small look at what the clippers will be seeing all season....BARON DAVIS SITTING THE BENCH IN STREET CLOTHES

haha i remember seeing baron ( while he was still a warrior) sitting a couple chairs down from phill jackson during the playoffs at a laker game WEARING A PURPLE CHECKERED shirt...i called him on it..many on this board tried to stand up for him...hmmmmmmm :roll:

thats mostly cuz you and some others claimed he was gonna leave for the lakers. when all along it was rowell's fault that he left for the clippers. he did go to la tho :x you just cant read too much into the colors that people wear. sure he was wearin purple, but look at how many people in the bay wear purple now a days.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:50 pm
E-Man wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Mississippi Bullet 8 wrote:He is so injury prone....even if he doesnt miss anytime this is a small look at what the clippers will be seeing all season....BARON DAVIS SITTING THE BENCH IN STREET CLOTHES

haha i remember seeing baron ( while he was still a warrior) sitting a couple chairs down from phill jackson during the playoffs at a laker game WEARING A PURPLE CHECKERED shirt...i called him on it..many on this board tried to stand up for him...hmmmmmmm :roll:

thats mostly cuz you and some others claimed he was gonna leave for the lakers. when all along it was rowell's fault that he left for the clippers. he did go to la tho :x you just cant read too much into the colors that people wear. sure he was wearin purple, but look at how many people in the bay wear purple now a days.

really im kinda out of touch with the latest style/colors....but i still couldnt get over him wearing purple to the lakers game....i could be way off it just looked to me like something was up...who knows but baron?
it could have been nothing.....in hind sight it could have been a message to rowel......baron would wayrather be a laker than a clip ...dont ya think?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:51 pm
I mean, I have grown up a warrior fan my whole life...if I were in the NBA but played for another team, I would still have an affinity for my hometown team reguardless of whether I played for them or not.
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 pm
as a fan yes i will always support my hometown team....but as a pro its a little differnt imo.

one example could be when kiffin during the off season went out into the media covered college game not wearing raider gear.....it didnt work out for him..

just cant get over a warrior ( at the time ) wearing laker colors to a laker game...just my take thats all
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:52 am
Welcome "home" Baron...............a crap game for you and a 38 point loss at home. :oops:

Just think, he could have been apart of beating the 2nd/3rd best team in the league if Rowell hadnt f*cked him/us. :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:44 pm
heard baron bruised a hip against the nuggets. i can't help but laugh.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:18 pm
hahaha clips go 7 minutes without scoring a fg without baron. just think that could have been us playing without baron and without mags and turiaf.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:01 pm
well. at least clips commentators said; we have a personality with baron, and he looked terrific untill he got down tryin to block a shot.
all issues aside, baron is one the most charismatic players to have ever played the game.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:51 pm
baron looked good 13 points 9 assists too bad they got blown out by a deron williamless jazz team anyway at home.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:18 pm
saintdee wrote:baron looked good 13 points 9 assists too bad they got blown out by a deron williamless jazz team anyway at home.

correction...his 9 assists looked good. his 13 points came off 33% shooting. by halftime he was 1 for 8 and then went for a good lil 4 for 7 in the second half.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 am
no worries...typical baron...sometime in the next few games he'll come along with one of his amazing performances...25 pts...10+ assists...several highlight plays

and then naive clippers fans will forgive him for everything
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am
So..............Baron is still a Maverick killer then!

22pts and 10ast to get the Clips there first win of the season. :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:07 am
bigstrads wrote:So..............Baron is still a Maverick killer then!

22pts and 10ast to get the Clips there first win of the season. :wink:

mmm... i hope kings destroys them. :evil:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:08 pm
ahahaha

kings beat clippers.... baron goes 4-15 with 11 assists and 5pf.

i miss his assists but not his 0-4 3point shooting bricks.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:59 pm
According to ESPN, Baron and Coach Dunleavy are feuding over the offense. Dunleavy wants to call plays from the bench while Baron wants complete control of the offense.

We all knew this would happen. Baron loved it here because Nelson ran a free-flowing system. Dunleavy runs a strict, half-court tempo... he's not going to let anyone run the team unless it's him.

I heard this while watching PTI.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to NBA Forum