Avery Sacked as Mavericks HC

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:31 pm
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Avery ... 43008.html

that's cold blooded! I liked Avery... former Warrior

and the fact that we could beat his team... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:12 pm
I say...............Mario Ellie quits the Mavs staff..............comes back to us, Nellie shows him the ropes (he doesnt listen as much as Nellie would like)...............and Mario takes over.

He would have the respect of the players as he was always a bad ass and "players player"..............he would have the hard nosed D and hard work attitude, as well as the offensive pedigree and experience.

For the record...............I love Mario, so am slightly biased............but I think he would great as a Head Coach.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:21 pm
I would be okay with Mario Elie...why not Keith Smart though?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:58 am
bigstrads wrote:I say...............Mario Ellie quits the Mavs staff..............comes back to us, Nellie shows him the ropes (he doesnt listen as much as Nellie would like)...............and Mario takes over.

He would have the respect of the players as he was always a bad ass and "players player"..............he would have the hard nosed D and hard work attitude, as well as the offensive pedigree and experience.

For the record...............I love Mario, so am slightly biased............but I think he would great as a Head Coach.

Considering we released him from his contract when Nellie signed... I'd say it's as probable as Al Attles coming back to coach us.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:06 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I say...............Mario Ellie quits the Mavs staff..............comes back to us, Nellie shows him the ropes (he doesnt listen as much as Nellie would like)...............and Mario takes over.

Considering we released him from his contract when Nellie signed... I'd say it's as probable as Al Attles coming back to coach us.

Yeah................I wasnt happy when Ellie left, didnt really make sense............power struggle between him and Nellie, clash of personalities, dont really know.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:20 am
Averey will be picked up quickly by another team to be the Head Coach. If there was a time for Nelson to go and Mullin to get a great coach, now would be it to get Avery, who had even better success than Nelson after replacing him and one of the only coaches that ever did. Him being a former Warrior is a huge plus and would fit well.

Can't beleive Dallas let him go, just stupid and harsh

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum