Josh Smith says Hawks will "shock the world"

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
For all his faults David Stern has really set up a system that gives small-market teams almost as big a chance to compete as big-market ones. With the tight salary-cap rules it really is hard for a team to do well in the free-agent market by spending freely even if they're willing to pay luxury tax. Keep in mind that Boston isn't really that big a market either. I don't think Stern has a conspiracy to get a Lakers/Celtics rematch.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:42 am
cladden wrote:I don't think Stern has a conspiracy to get a Lakers/Celtics rematch.

Conspiracy?. No... but I'm sure he's secretly rooting for those finals. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:43 am
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:I don't think Stern has a conspiracy to get a Lakers/Celtics rematch.

Conspiracy?. No... but I'm sure he's secretly rooting for those finals. :wink:

But you can hardly blame him. I am sure he's also rooting for another charismatic superstar (a la LeBron) to come out of nowhere, but that's all good in my book.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:29 pm
Apparently, Atlanta can't win in Boston. So even if the Hawks take game 6, it wouldn't matter since they get blown out every time they go up to the northeast.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:34 am
xbay wrote:Apparently, Atlanta can't win in Boston. So even if the Hawks take game 6, it wouldn't matter since they get blown out every time they go up to the northeast.

In any case, they've done a lot more than what was expected from them. These series have been extremely successful for the Hawks no matter how it ends.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:26 pm
I find it kinda funny at the first few posts in this topic. "They'll shock the world by showing how bad of a team they are." :roll:

Wherever game 7 goes, Atlanta has done enough to shock the world. Sadly if they lose in game 7 everyone will forget about them. But for now, go Hawks!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:55 pm
firs post ever hawks are pimping
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:56 am
kunu822 wrote:I find it kinda funny at the first few posts in this topic. "They'll shock the world by showing how bad of a team they are." :roll:

Wherever game 7 goes, Atlanta has done enough to shock the world. Sadly if they lose in game 7 everyone will forget about them. But for now, go Hawks!

Well, I blame it more on Boston (and Doc Rivers) than Atlanta. It's just ridiculous that an 8th seed like the Hawks can force a 7th game against the top team in the east.

In any case, the Hawks deserve a lot of praise for the way they've played against Boston... at home, at least.

btw, welcome, sharksfan. :hello2:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:16 pm
i tip my hat to the hawks. theyve defended their homecourt well and have actually made this a good series to watch. too bad its gonna come to an end today.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:23 pm
the real scenario is Boston just want to make more money by selling tickets...imagine how much they make in 4 home games... :wink:
they spent a lot for KG,R.Allen,Pierce...now they need these money to cover for whatever they spent already...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:51 pm
GSW United wrote:the real scenario is Boston just want to make more money by selling tickets...imagine how much they make in 4 home games... :wink:
they spent a lot for KG,R.Allen,Pierce...now they need these money to cover for whatever they spent already...

Man............what happend to you whilst you were away William? :mrgreen:

I mean, you used to be the eternal blind optimist...........and now your last few posts have been very pessimistic and "not happy with the powers that be" :wink:

Its strange to hear you talk like this, you ok bud? :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:01 am
bigstrads wrote:
GSW United wrote:the real scenario is Boston just want to make more money by selling tickets...imagine how much they make in 4 home games... :wink:

Man............what happend to you whilst you were away William? :mrgreen:

I mean, you used to be the eternal blind optimist...........and now your last few posts have been very pessimistic and "not happy with the powers that be" :wink:

Its strange to hear you talk like this, you ok bud? :wink:

He might be right, after all. Boston has disposed so easily of the Hawks in their home games that I cannot believe they lost the 3 played at Atlanta.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:20 am
No team has ever won the championship after playing a seventh game in the first round (granted there hasn't been seven games in the first round for that long)
Previous

Return to NBA Forum