how did you become a warriors fan

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 pm
I'm a bandwagoner...well kind of. I was never a huge basketball fan, but I kind of bounced around from team to team. First I started watching the Sixers 'cause I thought AI's hair was cool, but as soon as D-Wade was in the NBA I became a HUGE Miami Heat fan and I watched them as much as I could (being that I was on the West Coast). I always listened to KNBR for football season and then I'd kind of quit listening to it when the season ended, well last year Bob Fitzgerald was back on the afternoon show and he never stopped talking about the Warriors. I had always intended to follow them, but I always just got busy and they played so often I didn't get around to it. So starting at the beginning of the season last year (which is why I'm not really a bandwagoner 'cause I hopped on before I knew they'd be good) I just started watching basketball for the first time on a consistent basis. And I totally fell in love with the team, their personalities, they way the played, Nellie (of course). So yeah that's my bandwagon story...and now I'm crazy obsessed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:18 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I'm a bandwagoner...well kind of. I was never a huge basketball fan, but I kind of bounced around from team to team. First I started watching the Sixers 'cause I thought AI's hair was cool, but as soon as D-Wade was in the NBA I became a HUGE Miami Heat fan and I watched them as much as I could (being that I was on the West Coast). I always listened to KNBR for football season and then I'd kind of quit listening to it when the season ended, well last year Bob Fitzgerald was back on the afternoon show and he never stopped talking about the Warriors. I had always intended to follow them, but I always just got busy and they played so often I didn't get around to it. So starting at the beginning of the season last year (which is why I'm not really a bandwagoner 'cause I hopped on before I knew they'd be good) I just started watching basketball for the first time on a consistent basis. And I totally fell in love with the team, their personalities, they way the played, Nellie (of course). So yeah that's my bandwagon story...and now I'm crazy obsessed.

dude tell the truth you liked them when you saw them in suites
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:25 pm
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I'm a bandwagoner...well kind of. I was never a huge basketball fan, but I kind of bounced around from team to team. First I started watching the Sixers 'cause I thought AI's hair was cool, but as soon as D-Wade was in the NBA I became a HUGE Miami Heat fan and I watched them as much as I could (being that I was on the West Coast). I always listened to KNBR for football season and then I'd kind of quit listening to it when the season ended, well last year Bob Fitzgerald was back on the afternoon show and he never stopped talking about the Warriors. I had always intended to follow them, but I always just got busy and they played so often I didn't get around to it. So starting at the beginning of the season last year (which is why I'm not really a bandwagoner 'cause I hopped on before I knew they'd be good) I just started watching basketball for the first time on a consistent basis. And I totally fell in love with the team, their personalities, they way the played, Nellie (of course). So yeah that's my bandwagon story...and now I'm crazy obsessed.

dude tell the truth you liked them when you saw them in suites

Ha ha...well you know, it never hurts!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:24 pm
Thanks for sharing your stories guys, it's really interesting!

So now I'll date myself...I remember as a very young kid watching Rick Barry play with the Warriors, and particularly remember the way the Warriors swept the Washington Bullets in 1974-75 to everyone's surprise. I grew up following the Oakland Raiders and the Warriors, and also played bball in high school, and later coached high school basketball. I have continued to follow the Warriors pretty much my whole life.

I remember Larry Smith and the hard hats, Mullin and Hardaway, and lots of crappy teams throughout the years.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:16 am
I'll be honest, I got into the Warriors early last season. I had grown up watching MJ like everyone else that is in my age bracket but in High School I stopped following Basketball. After High School ended I started watching the Dubs and I love it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:29 am

haha... so you started following the Warriors the year Matt Barnes was signed... What a surprise!!! 8)

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 am
hoopitup wrote:Thanks for sharing your stories guys, it's really interesting!

So now I'll date myself...I remember as a very young kid watching Rick Barry play with the Warriors, and particularly remember the way the Warriors swept the Washington Bullets in 1974-75 to everyone's surprise. I grew up following the Oakland Raiders and the Warriors, and also played bball in high school, and later coached high school basketball. I have continued to follow the Warriors pretty much my whole life.

I remember Larry Smith and the hard hats, Mullin and Hardaway, and lots of crappy teams throughout the years.

hey hoopit up....do you remember hoop head i got some good stories on hoop head and nellie at the hayward fishery back in the day
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:48 am
JOEL wrote:
hoopitup wrote:Thanks for sharing your stories guys, it's really interesting!

hey hoopit up....do you remember hoop head i got some good stories on hoop head and nellie at the hayward fishery back in the day

Wow - had forgotten about hoop head. What kind of stories?
Previous

Return to NBA Forum