1 more tech and Kobe gets suspended

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:46 pm
The refs will not call it no matter what!!! It is a proven fact that the refs as of now are instructed NOT to call tech on Kobe.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:25 am
Well, I have the number 15 in my AIM profile in a huge font to piss off my friends here in Socal. Let's hope it hits 16 sometime.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:57 am
Spot on, trlove. Kobe, who already bitches nonstop (I think he complains more than Stephen Jackson) will get an insane amount of leverage now with the referees, who are probably on direct order from Stern not to T up Kobe...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:43 am
I'm betting he gets 16...easy way for Stern to send a message, since one game won't significantly affect the lakers, who are guaranteed one of the top 4 spots, barring the superdelegates overturning the popular vote...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:40 pm
you think that kobe cries now wait till he gets the 16th his crying as will pout like a junior high girl who lost :?: something
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:13 pm
So if Kobe gets one more Technical foul he is suspended for one game? I have a feeling the refs will T him up when they know the Lakers are facing a weak team the next game. That's my prediction.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:25 pm
speakonitgod wrote:So if Kobe gets one more Technical foul he is suspended for one game? I have a feeling the refs will T him up when they know the Lakers are facing a weak team the next game. That's my prediction.

Good call...and it certainly won't be Delany who gives him the "T" :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:41 pm
does anyone know the rule do the 15 cary with him into the playoffs like 5 fouls carry into overtime?
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:56 pm
rasheed wallace may 2007 was a referance i found on nba website
it went on to say that for every additional foul a player is to be suspended for another game 16 fouls 1 game 17 fouls another game....ect

i found an article that stats the count starts over at the begining of the post season and a player is then allowed 6 technicals before suspension of one game....
foot note barron has 11 technicals as does rasheed wallace
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:09 am
i don't want Kobe get another Tec foul....i would like his 'destroy' the tendon muscle something in his leg...that would be more than a game he will miss. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:22 am
If Kobe gets a tech on the lakers last game of the season then a game will carry over into the playoffs. Im sure Phil Jackson wont let that happen tho.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 am
jimbob631 wrote:If Kobe gets a tech on the lakers last game of the season then a game will carry over into the playoffs. Im sure Phil Jackson wont let that happen tho.

I don't think that will happen, mostly because the Lakers will cut his minutes a little bit, just in case...They won't risk a suspension or an injury...
........So Glorious, Victorious, We Take What We Want We Born Warriors........

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:17 pm
JOEL wrote:rasheed wallace may 2007 was a referance i found on nba website
it went on to say that for every additional foul a player is to be suspended for another game 16 fouls 1 game 17 fouls another game....ect

i found an article that stats the count starts over at the begining of the post season and a player is then allowed 6 technicals before suspension of one game....

Actually, the rule is that every OTHER foul after 16 gets a game suspension. So 18, 20, 22, etc would all give him a 1 game suspension.

And in the playoffs, as was posted, it gets reset. I agree that Jackson would not want to put Kobe in that position in the last game of the year, but if Phoenix can keep winning the Lakers may need to win their last game of the year to get homecourt advantage.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:25 pm
hoopitup wrote:
JOEL wrote:rasheed wallace may 2007 was a referance i found on nba website

Actually, the rule is that every OTHER foul after 16 gets a game suspension. So 18, 20, 22, etc would all give him a 1 game suspension.

And in the playoffs, as was posted, it gets reset. I agree that Jackson would not want to put Kobe in that position in the last game of the year, but if Phoenix can keep winning the Lakers may need to win their last game of the year to get homecourt advantage.

you are crrect hoop i saw that later on...funny the first veiwing i read made it sound like ever one was a game :oops:
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:50 pm
meanwhile, who would have thought that Sjax would have only 8, behind such stalwarts as Rip Hamilton, Brad Miller and Chris Paul?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to NBA Forum