2017-18 playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:27 am
Thought of a thread for the playoffs.

West:

GSW v SAS
Should be a good test for the team because of the Spurs experience. Hopefully the team can sweep them.

Warriors in 5.

HOU v MIN
I really think the Twolves can play with the Rockets, especially if Houston doesn't turn up defensively, which is a possibility without Mbah a Moute out. The TWolves are talented and should be hyped after that great win against Denver to make the playoffs. Maybe they can take game 1.

Houston in 5.

POR v NO
Should be a very good matchup. Think Rondo is the key because if he steps up NO had chance.

Portland in 6.

OKC v UTAH
Should be a great series and home court will probably be the difference. Utah had no superstar, unless Gobert and Mitchell are counted as so, OKC has three, though Carmelo is not playing like one.

OKC in 6.

East:

TOR v WAS
Could be interesting, Washington has the talent to make it so. Raptors have a very good bench and that will make a big difference.

Toronto in 5.

BOS v MIL
The Celtics won't have Kyrie, which is huge, but the Bucks are so inconsistent and average in their performance this season that they likely won't take advantage. Greek Freek has to be a superstar and likely will be.

BOS in 7.

PHI v MIA
Most think Philly will easily won but the Heat have experience and some talent. Philly have little playoff experience and no Embiid and Whiteside has to show that he really can be a star. Wade could show that he still has some star power left in him and rise in this series.

Miami in 6.

CLE v IND
This looks like the weakest team Lebron has had since his first stint in Cleveland, certainly most inexperienced and that means he will have to continue carrying the large load for the Cavs. Indiana has had a very good season and could be poised to surprise the Cavs. Oladipo has the chance to be considered among the elite if he rises in this series.

Cleveland in 6.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:37 pm
I agree with your predictions for the most part, Migs. However, I think the Jazz beat OKC, or at least push it to 7; the Toronto v Washington series will be more tightly contested - I think the Wiz will make it a series late and push it to 7 - let's not forget the Raptors' ability to choke in the playoffs, but I doubt they choke the whole series away.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:59 pm
Utah could definitely continue playing great but I think they don't have the experience where as OKC has tons. OKC also has everything to prove, which may or not work in their favor.

Toronto have everything to prove and Washington have been awful for their talent,. Could go either way but think Toronto will do what they need to

Site Admin
» Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:18 pm
I haven't been paying much attention to the Cavs, but I didn't not see them dropping game 1 to the Pacers, certainly not like that. Wow, I don't feel as bad about losing to them now.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:47 am
Miami had a great win in Philly to even that series. Wade was his old self scoring almost 30 points and they'll need that the rest of the series.

Site Admin
» Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:36 pm
Well, I don't know why I thought POR would handle NO... It all makes so much sense now.

A HUGE LOL @ Anyone that thought Dame was remotely on Steph's level, ever. He has no idea how to play PG or make his team better, at least not at an elite level. Dude is an absolute scrub in comparison.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:18 am
Indiana is taking it to Cleveland, up 2-1. More pressure on Lebron and his team with every game.

Embiid is back and looks like it's over for the Heat, who needed much more from Whiteside and also Wade.

Utah is looking good with Favors playing well. Could go long that series.

Wizards and Bucks won their home game which they had to.

Houston smashed Minnesota, with Harden playing pretty awful. KAT has been soft and unless he steps up he will have a label on him until he performs well in the playoffs.

New Orleans looks like they are going to sweep and Portland looks small and confused. They have to win at least one.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:25 am
I know it's the Bucks, but how are the Celtics still so good without their 2 best players? I clearly haven't been paying enough attention... They're going to be insane with Kyrie and Hayward.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:07 pm
Brad Stevens is obviously a great coach and that makes the Celts a great team. Such a young team would be pretty bad with most coaches.

The Bucks are playing quite bad, that's probably the biggest factor.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:00 am
New Orleans swept Portland and look like a real test for the team. Holiday was better than any guard in that series and Klay will have to be great on both ends.

Utah is up 2-1 on OKC and Rubio had shown that he has become a much improved player. He made a number of outside shots and outplayed Westbrook.

76ers are up 3-1 on Miami, winning a close game. Wade again was a star but it looks like his team will lose. Will be interesting if he retires.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:02 pm
Warriors beat San Antonio in 5. Nice to won fairly quickly and the Spurs need to get some young talent, they are old.

Houston beat Minnesota in 5 in a pretty good series. Wiggins was totally unimpressive, nothing star about him. KAT really didn't outlay role player Capella and Butler want great in every game. A team young and athletic like Minnesota should have driven to the basket and created more as well as playing better defense. If Thibadeo can't do it no coach really can.

Utah beat OKC in 6 and were really impressive, a young team looking experienced on the playoff stage. Donovan Mitchell looks like a legit superstar and was the best player in that series. Westbrook showed what a ball hog he is and how he doesn't make other players better. PG likely leaving and that team is an unknown right now.

Toronto beat Washington in 6 in a very close series. The two backcourts were great and Toronto had to win, they have to at least go to the ECF .

Philadelphia beat Miami in 5 and though they played well, Miami really didn't have enough talent and with Whiteside not doing much they had no chance.

Boston beat Milwaukee in 7 in a disappointing loss for the Bucks, Boston wad very beatable without their two best players.

Indiana and Cleveland going to game 7, hope Cleveland loses.

Hall of Famer
» Thu May 03, 2018 8:21 pm
Toronto lost both their home games and again look like loading to the Cavs. Pretty awful of them to choke yet again, looks like they'll never get it right

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 06, 2018 5:40 pm
Cleveland and Boston are up 3-0 and that is surprising. Lebron AND Brad Stevens look like masters.

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 09, 2018 8:36 pm
Cleveland v Boston in ECF. Boston has done great without its two best players but Lebron should dispose of them pretty easily.

GS v Houston in WCF. Was an almost certain meeting and the Warriors can show how a great team alltime they are.

All Star
» Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 pm
Warriors have fallen from grace!