NBA Free Agency 2017

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:02 pm
The draft had a big trade with Jimmy Butler going to Minnesota for Lavine and Dunn and free agency looks to be big this year as well.

Blake Griffin has opted out of his contract and is a free agent and Chris Paul has also. The Clippers look like they will fall mightily if both don't resign but something else could be in the works. With Jerry West going to the Clippers to apparently advise like he did here, maybe someone like Gordon Hayward is going to sign there and then they resign both Paul and Griffin. That'd be the unlikely but best case scenario for them but likely Paul going to a real contender, likely San Antonio.

Paul George has told Indiana that he won't be resigning with them after next season so likely they'll trade him this offseason, likely to Lakers or Celtics.

Could be a big free agency period.

All Star
» Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:23 pm
CP3 to Houston.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:16 am
mullin17 wrote:CP3 to Houston.

That is a huge trade and a surprise with San Antonio wanting CP. They probably would have been a better fit as well. Both CP and Harden are ball dominant players so it'll be interesting how they work together.

Don't think that this was the best choice for CP or Houston, after how great Harden was last season as their PG.

All Star
» Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:51 pm
Today they're reporting that Paul left the clippers because of unfair treatment of Doc Rivers to his son Austin Rivers and also Doc Rivers messed up a trade for Melo that involved Austin

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:58 am
Seen a few vids saying that also about why CP left. I think it was more him wanting to have a better chance to compete for a championship, though Houston isn't there yet, need one or two more good role players or another star.

Saw that Houston is looking to get Paul George and if they could get him they would be very interesting. I think they actually might land Carmelo, probably not having to give more than Ariza, Ryan Anderson and a couple of future picks.

All Star
» Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:54 pm
Paul George to okc

All Star
» Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:13 pm
Also wanted to mention Jimmy Butler to Minnesota because he gave out his phone number to the entire world

All Star
» Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:00 pm
Curry just broke the bank. First $200 million man

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:32 pm
15 mill per year offer from warriors for iggy is too much also

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:37 pm
Curry deserves his pay day.

OKC getting George is a big move for them but could just be for one year and both him and Westbrook could bolt for Lakers after that. George is just a notch below Durant though and if they can work their current players around those two, they will be like they were before as a contender.

Teague to Minnesota looks pretty good but I think they should have kept Rubio. He was cheaper, younger and a better playmaker. They still need a PF and have read that Millsap could be going there which would be huge because he'd fit in well.

Read that Hoyston is looking to trade for Carmelo. They need that to be a real super type team but they will have not much around them.

Iguodala likely will get 15 million a year for three years and though that may be a bit much for him the Warriors are better off paying. Likely they will trade him in two years as an expirer in order to keep Klay. Never know, McCaw could be a great replacement for hkm anyway by that time.

Livingston at 8 million a year for three years is also a bit too much money byt same deal as Iguodala, championship team intact for at least couple more years.

West resigned for minimum for another year apparently and hopefully Pachulia will follow suit.

Durant has been really giving jn looking to take less money and that coild ensure that his career will look better by winning a heap for at least another two years.

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:47 pm
I agree with Curry getting paid. I didn't mean to make it sound like it was too much I just meant Iggy's deal seems like too much.

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:19 pm
mullin17 wrote:I agree with Curry getting paid. I didn't mean to make it sound like it was too much I just meant Iggy's deal seems like too much.

Jacob can afford it though. I read that they bought the Warriors for 460 million and are now they are worth 2.6 billion now. Best to keep the core in tact.

All Star
» Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:30 am
Taj Gibson signs with t wolves

All Star
» Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:30 am
Ibaka signs with Toronto

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:39 pm
Lowry also resigns with Toronto and they stay a top team in the fading East.

Millsap goes tonDenver and though they might be a playoff caliber team now, they are nothing special and Millsap didn't get the max that he could have. Thought Minnesota would have been a serious team fit for him to go to.

Read that Carmelo is willing to give up no trade clause to go to Houston or Cleveland. Think Cavs might be unmatched in East