2015-16 Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 pm
This thread can be for the playoffs this season, especially for series where the Warriors aren't in.

So far early in the 1st round things are a little interesting. Dallas has tied their series with OKC at 1-1 with Adams's putback not counting as it barely was after the time expired. Big win for Dallas and it'd be something if Dirk could have a run in the playoffs one more time.

Clippers easily beat Portland in their first game.

San Antonio predictably destroyed the injury hit Memphis.

Toronto tied their series with Indiana after losing game 1. That looks like being a good series.

Cleveland barely beat Detroit in their first game and that series could be interesting.

Miami easily beat Charlotte in their first game and they look pretty good, maybe able to go far in these playoffs.

Atlanta beat Boston in their first game and that series looks like being quite even.

All Star
» Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:40 pm
Spurs sweep Grizzlies

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:58 am
Both San Antonio and Cleveland swept. San Antonio was a given to win so easily but Cleveland had to fight against a pretty tough Detroit team. It'll be interesting to see if Detroit can continue improving or fall again.

OKC likely will win their series next game to make it in five. OKC v San Antonio should be a good series. OKC has scored heaps against Dallas, though Dallas doesn't play the defense San Antonio does. Think that series will probably go to six, with the Spurs winning.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:22 am
The Clips not only lost game 4 and are now tied 2-2 with the Blazers but Chris Paul broke his hand and likely is done for the playoffs. That and Griffin apparently strained his quad again and may miss time as well. Portland might just win that series and they played well against GSW during the season so it would be interesting, though I admit, I would have rather played them than the Clips, now with CP out obviously rather play the Clips.

OKC easily beat Dallas to win their series and they go against San Antonio next in what should be a great series.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:35 pm
After losing three straight Miami has beaten Charlotte to take it back to Miami for a seventh game.

Indiana has taken it to a game seven against Toronto who just doesn't seem to step up for the playoffs. The winner of this series goes against the winner of the Miami/Charlotte series.

Atlanta beat Boston and now go against Cleveland in what could be a close series.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:25 pm
San Antonio utterly annihilated OKC. Just saw the score and the quarter by quarter and the game really was over before half time. OKC doesn't play the defense and really just had a bad game it looks while the Spurs had a great game. Hopefully that series goes as long as possible so Curry comes back before the WCF.

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 08, 2016 1:04 am
OKC won Game 2, though think it was Waiters pushed Ginobili with his elbow before throwing the ball inbounds. They lost Game 3 in OKC but it was very close so that series looks good and might go to six games at least.

Cleveland looks like sweeping Atlanta as well and like last season, it looks easy for them to run through the East. Miami and Toronto look so evenly matched but Whiteside injured his knee in their Game 3 and if it is serious, he might be out for at least the rest of that series which Toronto now is up 2-1. Would be good to see Wade and Miami go against Cleveland in the ECF. I still think Wade is a top ten player and to me he is a top twenty player alltime.

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 pm
Cleveland swept Atlanta, winning by one in the last game. They likely will rest up for a week or so while Miami and Toronto battle it out.

OKC has tied their series with San Antonio 2 all and that series will go at least six games, good for the Warriors giving Curry more time to recuperate.

All Star
» Thu May 12, 2016 6:24 pm
I think its safe to say that the Spurs as they have been known as for decades are done. Whatever version of Kawhi and Aldridge Spurs are gonna have a hard time like everyone else, unless they can pick up another star player. You need 3 stars to get it done now days. I think Popovich has lost a step and unless they land Durant or another all star that their best days are now finally behind them. I have thought this before but I think now it is happening.

Hall of Famer
» Thu May 12, 2016 7:12 pm
I never think the Spurs teams with Popovich as coach will ever be down until I see it. They have had some rare poor performances in the playoffs but they have been the best performing franchise of the last fifteen or so years. They look like they are going to lose their series against OKC but this has been the best season, regular season wins, they have ever had and it was unexpected to thrash OKC in the first game of this series and then lose like they have.

If they add another good, yet not great player, someone at the level of Iguodala or Livingston, they should stay in the top 4 in the West. Think Duncan and Ginobili will definitely retire after this season.

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 18, 2016 2:14 am
OKC beat the Warriors and made the series look not so predictably one sided but Cleveland absolutely destroyed Toronto in their Game 1. Looks like last season with Cleveland easily getting to the finals.

Hall of Famer
» Thu May 19, 2016 8:01 pm
Another easy win for Cleveland and it looks like they'll cruise through the East again, probably to get beaten easily in the finals :)