2015-16

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:52 am
Thought I'd create a thread for this new season while I have some time.

Looks like the team is going to have a great season, maybe even better than last season, undefeated so far. I think San Antonio again look great and they may be well on the way to transitioning from the Duncan era very nicely. They reall only need to get another big to go alongside Aldridge and a PG to replace Parker, who is slowing down alot. West looks like it will be heavy competition again.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:46 am
So far this season the team is undefeated and far ahead of the rest. San Antonio is 2nd all up, five games back. OKC seems to be rising with a string of wins in their current streak and their team winning easily over most teams. They are the other threat right now. The Clippers are ten games from the Warriors and look like an ordinary team so far. Houston is the biggest surprise not even being at 50%. Dwight looks like an average player and not a star to say the least. Seems like only the Lakers are a certainty not to have a chance to contend for a playoff spot and NO have started badly but have the team to start winning some games.

The East looks wide open with Cleveland number one but barely ahead of some ten teams. Boston is a big surprise, being near the top and any of those teams could rise to take top spot.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:51 pm
San Antonio is a dominant team as well, not far behind the Warriors. They are beating teams by about the same large margin that the Warriors are. Will be interesting to see both teams play each other. Those two teams, with maybe OKC almost there as well, look far ahead of the rest.

Rookie
» Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:05 pm
migya wrote:San Antonio is a dominant team as well, not far behind the Warriors. They are beating teams by about the same large margin that the Warriors are. Will be interesting to see both teams play each other. Those two teams, with maybe OKC almost there as well, look far ahead of the rest.

The Clippers are just as good as OKC. If you mention OKC you gotta add LAC to the conversation. LAC got ripped - the NBA admitted 4 blatant fouls have not been called in the last 2 minutes of the game -- all in favor of OKC. And yet OKC only beat LAC by a single point on that night. The Clippers have emerged and they are only a single game behind OKC for the 3rd spot. And they have been without Griffin for 2 weeks now.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:42 pm
shalik wrote:
migya wrote:San Antonio is a dominant team as well, not far behind the Warriors. They are beating teams by about the same large margin that the Warriors are. Will be interesting to see both teams play each other. Those two teams, with maybe OKC almost there as well, look far ahead of the rest.

The Clippers are just as good as OKC. If you mention OKC you gotta add LAC to the conversation. LAC got ripped - the NBA admitted 4 blatant fouls have not been called in the last 2 minutes of the game -- all in favor of OKC. And yet OKC only beat LAC by a single point on that night. The Clippers have emerged and they are only a single game behind OKC for the 3rd spot. And they have been without Griffin for 2 weeks now.

The Clips have stepped up again, like they did late last season, without Griffin, which to me actually says alot about his effectiveness in making a team a winner. They could have fallen out of the top 8 in the West and actually are not far from OKC for 4th spot. All credit to them but I still think they are 1st or 2nd round fodder.

Site Admin
» Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 am
I definitely give a strong edge to OKC over the Clips. I think the Thunder could actually give the other top Western teams a run for their money in the WCF, but I just don't see the Clippers doing all that much. I think OKC has the better duo (though Blake could be the best of the 4 if he learned to love the double team, look to kick-out/dump-off more - better decision making in general). I've always had zero respect for Rivers's coaching ability, despite his greatest coaching accomplishment in making Rondo not look like a horrible teammate.

All that's not to say that LAC couldn't be a dangerous early round match-up. I could definitely see them winning a series and possibly taking one deep. I think they match up nicely with OKC actually, and I'd like to see that series if everyone is healthy.

Just don't see it being their year, but with a sweaty, eccentric billionaire for an owner, they'll remain in the conversation for many years.

All Star
» Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:30 pm
Warriors salary breakdown
Screenshot (136).png
Screenshot (136).png (65.68 KiB) Viewed 2735 times

Screenshot (137).png
Screenshot (137).png (52.28 KiB) Viewed 2735 times

Rookie
» Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:21 pm
JREED wrote:I definitely give a strong edge to OKC over the Clips. I think the Thunder could actually give the other top Western teams a run for their money in the WCF, but I just don't see the Clippers doing all that much. I think OKC has the better duo (though Blake could be the best of the 4 if he learned to love the double team, look to kick-out/dump-off more - better decision making in general). I've always had zero respect for Rivers's coaching ability, despite his greatest coaching accomplishment in making Rondo not look like a horrible teammate.

All that's not to say that LAC couldn't be a dangerous early round match-up. I could definitely see them winning a series and possibly taking one deep. I think they match up nicely with OKC actually, and I'd like to see that series if everyone is healthy.

Just don't see it being their year, but with a sweaty, eccentric billionaire for an owner, they'll remain in the conversation for many years.

My thoughts exactly!! 8) =D>

Hall of Famer
» Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 am
Right now San Antonio is not looking as good as they were before playing the Warriors. Duncan being injured obviously has been the reason. OKC also has looked a little less dominant than they were, almost losing to Orlando in OKC as well. Toronto has looked like challenging Cleveland for best in the East. The Warriors look one notch above everyone else right now and there has been a fair amount of talk just with the glimpse at a couple of major nba sites, about some of the good teams looking to trade, probably because they can see they can't compete with the team.

Interesting the talk about the Clips looking into trading Blake Griffin. They have been better without him also. What a change that'd be but they definitely need to improve to be a real contender.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:17 pm
Marc Gasol is out for the rest of the season with a broken foot and that could put Memphis out of the playoffs with still over 30 games to go. That allows teams like Utah, Portland, even NO to make it.

Jimmy Butler is also out for about 4 weeks and that may make Chicago fall even further than they have lately.

Griffin has been suspended for 4 games by the Clippers. He's injured for apparently about two months and the Clips could fall also down the standings.

Very interesting occurences that could change things for the rest of the season.

Site Admin
» Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:53 pm
migya wrote:Marc Gasol is out for the rest of the season with a broken foot and that could put Memphis out of the playoffs with still over 30 games to go. That allows teams like Utah, Portland, even NO to make it.

Jimmy Butler is also out for about 4 weeks and that may make Chicago fall even further than they have lately.

Griffin has been suspended for 4 games by the Clippers. He's injured for apparently about two months and the Clips could fall also down the standings.

Very interesting occurences that could change things for the rest of the season.
let's hope we've seen the worst of it ourselves this season, amd that Ezeli has a speedy recovery ::literally knocks on wood::

Ezeli and MacAdoo missing so much time in contract years could be a blessing in disguise for us, particularly since we still winning.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:02 am
JREED wrote:
migya wrote:Marc Gasol is out for the rest of the season with a broken foot and that could put Memphis out of the playoffs with still over 30 games to go. That allows teams like Utah, Portland, even NO to make it.

let's hope we've seen the worst of it ourselves this season, amd that Ezeli has a speedy recovery ::literally knocks on wood::

Ezeli and MacAdoo missing so much time in contract years could be a blessing in disguise for us, particularly since we still winning.

Could well be good for resigning Ezeli cheaper than what possibly could be.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:26 am
With around 30 games left in the season you can see that the Warriors and Spurs are so far ahead of the rest that they won't be caught for the top 2 places in the West and in all in the nba. Both teams could end up winning at least 70 games and that'd be amazing, first time ever obviously. OKC also looks like they are going to win at least 60 games and I haven't checked but this might be the first time ever that three teams in the same conference have had over 60 wins in the same season. Really amazing that three teams could be so dominant at the same time, OKC to a lesser extent.

It'd be great for the Warriors to break Chicago's 72-10 record and it looks like they will. Who knows, maybe San Antonio can break it as well, though they can only afford one more loss. Looks like both teams will meet in the WCF and that could end up being one of the best series ever, though San Antonio didn't look good in Oakland in the first meeting between the teams.

It'll be interesting the rest of the teams in the West. With Griffin out for close to the rest of the season, if not all of it, the Clippers could fall hard, though they have been winning well without him. Memphis, 5th behind Clippers, may fall hard as well as Marc Gasol is out for the rest of the season, their best player who they haven't been able to win much in the past when he has been injured. The standings in the West from 4th to 8th (even further down) could look much different at season's end. I think Dallas will rise to 5th, maybe 4th, but it is Portland and Utah are hard to evaluate as how they will go from here to the end of the season because both are inconsistent, young and unproven but one or both could also rise to 5th or 6th. Houston has been pretty bad by their standards but they also could get it together until season's end, maybe rising as far as 4th, since they don't seem to have any major injuries right now. Very interesting how things will fair from 4th downwards from now until the end of the season, could come down to the final few games.

The East looks pretty competitive, though not with any dominance. After Cleveland and Toronto, the rest of the teams, except Brooklyn and Philadelphia, are close to a playoff position and maybe only Boston looks pretty certain for a playoff spot. Chicago looks like they will fall with Jimmy Butler out for the rest of the season and they might miss the playoffs. Really anything can happen from the 4th team downwards until the end of the season.

This season looks like only having two or three teams that will contend for the championship, being Golden State, San Antonio and Cleveland. Maybe OKC is a contender as well.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:41 pm
Kobe Bryant ended his career with 60 points and he is an alltime great.