Lebron James has a major weakness as a teammate

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:30 pm
I've noticed this. He raises and elevates bad players games. But he doesn't elevate star players games.
» Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:51 pm
he still might win achampionship!

» Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:23 pm
Stairway Man wrote:I've noticed this. He raises and elevates bad players games. But he doesn't elevate star players games.

It's not LeBron, it's what happens when you put together a team that has 2 or more stars on it. There's just one ball, and usually star players are the ones that like to have the ball in their hands. So, usually, at least 2, if not all from the group of 3, will see their stats being reduced. You live and die by them...they will win you a lot of games, and they will lose you some because they will keep shooting when they're having a bad night.

That's why I like what Spurs are doing and thei type of "star" players. Mostly humble guys who all know their roles on the team, and it is a team, after all.
One of the reasons I'm not hoping that much we get Durant. Maybe if a number of our guys leave as well...but I don't like when teams have too many players that are go to guys, or like the ball too much...I'm more for getting a team where everyone is doing his part.

Well, I got carried away...but you got what I was trying to say, I hope. :)

Role Player
» Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:37 pm
I've never been a huge fan of Lebron. I think he's a great player, but he's a prima donna. He's already gotten 3 coaches fired (Silas, Brown and Blatt). He was rumored to have wanted Spoelstra out too. If a coach doesn't fit into his isolation type of style, he's going to butt heads with them. And who is going to argue with Lebron? As a franchise, player sells tickets. Not coaches. Lebron couldn't carry Cleveland to a title the first time around. He needed Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh in their prime to win his first title. He went back to Cleveland with Kyrie Irving already there. They brought in Kevin Love and they still can't win a title. His style of play just doesn't fit into a team environment. He's not going to run around picks, catch the ball and shoot. He's a dribble, dribble and take it to the hoop or shoot a 15 foot fadeaway type of player.