2014 Draft

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:45 pm
I'm keen to hear other people's thoughts on who goes Number 1 in this years draft. I'm still thinking it will be Wiggins especially if the Bucks or 76ers get the 1st pick. I assume the one that misses out on Wiggins will take Parker. I'd love to see the Magic get Embiid so their fans can move on from the Howard fiasco. I could see the Jazz or Lakers taking Exum and the Celtics taking Randle. I don't think any of those teams will be disappointed with any of those top 5 prospects.

Even though the Warriors won't feature in the lottery, I love this time of year and the build up to the draft.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:25 pm
To be honest, I don't look into drafts much anymore especially when we don't have any picks.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:39 pm
WOW! Cleveland get the #1 pick again! They get a do-over for picking Anthony Bennett last year. They should pick Embiid but after last years failure, I could see them going for Wiggins.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:18 pm
If I were the Cavs, I'd be calling the T-Wolves straight away and offering them the #1 pick and Dion Waiters and some garbage for Kevin Love. Whether Love would want to go to the Cavs and would sign a new contract with them is the big question though.
Last edited by Ringo on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:47 am
That's three out of the last four drafts the Cavs have gotten #1. Think that's the first time.

Good point on looking to deal for Love. I'd do it if I was them, but I'd trade either Varejao or Trinstan Thompson and a bench player, maybe Jack, for Love. That might be seen as a better offer we could give them of Lee, Barnes and Speights, but maybe not better than Lee, Iguodala and Barnes for Love and their two bad contracts.

Maybe a three team trade with us, TWolves and Cavs, since Love may not see Cavs as a contender, where we give Lee and Barnes to Cavs, Speights and Crawford if needed to TWolves, Cavs give #1, either Varejao or Thompson and Jack to TWolves and TWolves give us Love, KMartin and Mbah a Moute.

If they keep the #1, Cavs have to hope they do better than last year, but Bennett might still be good in a few years.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:54 pm
I'm still thinking the Cavs, if they don't trade the pick, will go for Embiid with the number 1 pick. Bucks will take Parker, 76ers will take Wiggins, Magic will get Exum and Smart to the Jazz to round out the top 5.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:09 pm
For me the darkhorse to get either Love or Carmelo are the Cavs. They could well trade the #1 and Varejao for either one of those two stars and resign Deng to form one of the best teams in the weak East.

A lineup of Irving, Waiters, Deng, Carmelo or Love and TThompson or Hawes, with Jack off the bench is a very good East lineup.

Return to NBA Forum