2013-2014 Playoffs

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:12 am
Thought I'd make a thread for this season's playoffs so any discussion that's not Warriors' related can go here.

Portland beat Houston both games in Houston to be up 2-0 headed to Portland. Didn't think that would happen and that series is looking like Portland's. Harden has shot pretty awfully so far and though Dwight has been a monster, Aldridge has been moreso. He is a superstar now, took hi a few years, but he is up there with the best PFs right now.

Dallas just spanked the Spurs in game 2 in San Antonio. They almost got game 1, but look like the better team so far in that series.

After winning easily in game 1, OKC lost game 2 barely in OT. The Grizz are tough and could actually win that series.

Atlanta won game 1 against Indiana and then lost in game 2 but the Pacers look anything but contenders right now.

Miami won both games at home to start their series against Charlotte, but it has been close and Miami themselves don't look like champions right now.

Brooklyn won game 1 in Toronto but the Raps won game 2. Close looking series between two teams that don't look like contenders but who knows.

Washington went to Chicago and won both games, though they were close. Never thought the Wiz would go into the playoffs young as they are and with next to no experience and pull both games out. The future looks bright for that team.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:10 am
So it's OKC v Clips. Think OKC wins in five or six. Ibaka can slow down Griffin and Durant and Westbrook are just too much to handle.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:08 am
migya wrote:So it's OKC v Clips. Think OKC wins in five or six. Ibaka can slow down Griffin and Durant and Westbrook are just too much to handle.

It should be an interesting series. I too think that the Thunder will win but Griffin surprised me against the Warriors. He is better than I thought.

I'm not sure who to go for now that the Warriors are out. Maybe the Spurs again.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:23 am
Ringo wrote:
migya wrote:So it's OKC v Clips. Think OKC wins in five or six. Ibaka can slow down Griffin and Durant and Westbrook are just too much to handle.

It should be an interesting series. I too think that the Thunder will win but Griffin surprised me against the Warriors. He is better than I thought.

I'm not sure who to go for now that the Warriors are out. Maybe the Spurs again.

I'm going for the Spurs now. I want Duncan to win another one before retiring as he is among the greatest players and more importantly attitudes in history.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:21 am
Spurs are destroying the Blazers 3-0. Looks like they are hitting top gear.

Indiana has awoken and are up 3-1 on the Wiz.

OKC had game 4 but the Clips made a big come back to make it 2-2.

Miami up 2-1 on Brooklyn.

Looks like it might be Spurs v Heat again.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:46 am
Ibaka out likely for the rest of the playoffs for OKC. Huge loss for them, especially against the Spurs with Duncan and they won game 1. OKC had Westbrook out last season for the playoffs and couldn't make it through and the same thing will happen this season.

Indiana up 1-0 on Miami and that series may be closer than one would have thought as little as two weeks ago. Indiana is getting back to the great team of the first four months or so of the season and if they keep it up they could beat Miami.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:12 am
The Pacers were dreadful on their final game.

I hope they do some major changes because this team is whack. I think they should fire sale this team, keeping just david west and paul george. Cj watson and Scola probably should be safe too. But they got a bunch of problems.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:25 am
Miami and San Antonio rematch in the finals, but this time Spurs have homecourt and I think they'll win because of that.

Be great to see Duncan and Popovich get another championship.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:12 am
I hope Spurs win. they should have one last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:04 am
Game 1 of the Finals was crazy. rooting for the spurs, but man was LeBron looking terrible. A/C going out effected both teams, but a team made up of all internationals clearly have an advantage as most of them play in non-A/C arenas at home (Parker made a reference to this in the post conference yesterday).

Game 2 is Sunday.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:21 pm
Though the finals would be better with all players healthy any advantage the Spurs get is good. Could be a sweep.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:25 pm
The four missed FTs, two by Duncan and Parker, cost them the game and if they lose the series, may be the biggest factor.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Yeah, you get 4 free throws in one possession and they could not hit one. they were up 2 at that time. Could have been huge. LeBron was clutch today.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:20 am
The Spurs have been amazing in Miami. The difference has been Kawhi Leonard in both of those games. They should wrap the championship up in the next game back at San Antonio.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:28 am
Spurs have done great and it is so good to see them on the verge of winning again. The best small market in nba history.

Next

Return to NBA Forum