2012-13 Playoffs Discussion

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:21 pm
This thread is for playoff talk. Little late, but better late than ever for good conversation.

Big news is Westbrook likely out for the rest of the playoffs with slight torn cartilage in one of his knees. That severely brings down the Thunder and I now think they won't make it to the finals without their second best player and top 5 PG. Huge blow for them and though I think they'll still easily beat Houston, they'll find it hard to beat whoever wins out of the Clips and Grizz. I pick them to lose in the 2nd round actually.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:51 am
Knicks finally knocked off the Celts in 6. Same for Grizz over Clips, Pacers over Hawks and Thunder over Rockets.

Really think the Grizz will put a beat down on the Thunder, especially physically. Their bigs will likely do what they like and Durant will have to be a monster for them to have a chance, unless they get more players involved offensively.

Knicks and Pacers should be a very good matchup and I wouldn't be surprised in the Pacers win out, as they seem to have more spread on their team.

I think we have a chance against the Spurs if we at least rebound with them and make them chase us, which is likely easier accomplished going with the smaller lineup with Barnes at PF that we saw in the Denver series. Does look like it will be similar to 2007 where Utah was too big, strong and had enough defensively for us. The outside shots have to be hitting often.

Think the Bulls will beat the Nets and though they have the better chance to do better against the Heat, they have injury problems right now that likely will make them too weak.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:59 am
Second round predictions for me will be

Grizzlies over Thunder (Recency Bias and 30 minutes of Fisher/Jackson)
Spurs over Warriors (They are good at basketball)

Pacers over Knicks (Rebounding, three point defense, great iso defense)
Heat over Bulls in five, Nets in four.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:29 pm
I've been good on my predictions so far, except with the Grizz winning. Bulls beat Nets in Brooklyn. Amazing how Chicago pulled it out without Deng and Hinrich and Noah's foot still not 100%.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:29 pm
Indiana beat New York in six to advance to ECF against Miami. Knicks aren't for real, at least not yet. Pacers have improved much in a few years and are an allround team. Think Miami will blitz them, but Indiana has the tools to upset them.

Reckon San Antonio v Memphis is a very close matchup. Actually think the Spurs didn't look like much against us and the Grizz might beat them. Still pick Spurs, but could go either way. It'd be something to see Grizz v Pacers in the final. Talk about not what the nba had planned.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:43 am
Miami and Indiana tied 1 all, but Pacers should be up 2-0. They look good and the presence of Hibbert, as well as West is making a real difference. Paul George looks for real, really playing up to Lebron and I think making Granger very tradeable, either for a SG (which they need) or a real good PG, as neither Hill or Augustin are that. Be great if Indiana knocks off the Heat.

Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:31 pm
That Eastern finals remind me too much of our series against the Spurs. Hopefully, Pacers will be more fortunate.

Oh...and check this out:
Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:18 am
The Spurs beat the Lakers 4-0 and they're up 3-0 against the Grizzlies. So the only team that the Spurs have lost to in the playoffs is the Warriors. That's a good indication of how well the Warriors played in that series.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:13 am
Miami showed how good they are by trouncing Indiana in Indiana. Miami just rises when needed.

That slam by Paul George was absolutely beautiful.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 am
Spurs weep Grizz. Those aging Spurs still got it and I hope they win another championship.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 am
Felt good seeing the Pacers containing Miami late on Game 4.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 am
Indiana is taking it to Miami and that series is tied 2-2. Indiana has the bigs to beat the Heat, but they'll have win the next game to try to win the series at home.

All Star
Poster Credit: 22
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 pm
Lebron absolutely went nuts in the third quarter. Also, the Miami run coincided with GH being out of the game with fouls and than another run with Hibbert out.

Pacers really need to shore up that bench in the off season.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:47 pm
Agreed. Glad I tuned in that second half to see the best playoff showing since Jordan. LeBron looked Legendary in that 3rd quarter.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 pm
Lebron is really looking to be the best ever and he is getting closer every season.

Next

Return to NBA Forum