OKC duo so amazing

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 pm
Just took a look at the boxscore between OKC and Minnesota and man, Durant and Westbrook cut shiit up, pardon the high school, dumb prik streetball expression. Durant with 43pts and Westbrook with 35pts, along with 8asts. These two have been doing that all season, major reason why OKC are #2 behind Chicago.

Please remind me, but I can't remember a higher scoring duo that didn't include a PF or Center. Westbrook is averaging 24.1pts, 46.6FG% and 81.9FT%. Durant is averaging 27.6pts, 50FG% and 85.6FT%.

Wonder how far OKC would fall if either one fell to injury for a while. Harden is doing amazing himself, with great percentages, but still would hit them hard.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:56 pm
I think it's quite the combo.. But it's not good for the team chemistry if one guy goes down injured.

You can't expect someone to step in and give the production that Durant/Westbrook would.

I can't think of a higher scoring combo either.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:36 am
Durant and Westbrook do it in the playoffs as well, despite their young age. They step up to the increased pressure and make their team win. Really didn't see this from Westbrook when he was drafted, but that guy deserves all credit and he has become a superstar, pretty much as good as Durant right now.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 am
Just wanted to chime in... I am also amazed on how well they play together and I do think their gmaes compliment each other really well. But Lets not forget Harden who is a baller off the bench on this team when he can easily start for the 29 others (okay maybe 20+).

Watching the Thunders and seeing how they got here with drafting Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden... shows what a good talent evaluator can do in changing a franchise.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:40 am
Yea, the Thunder did it the hard earned/smart way, not getting any real significant free agents, getting there players through the draft. Definately a great duo and in five eyars, could be among the greatest duo ever, depending on their team success and some MVPs to one or either of them.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 am
DleagueDelight wrote:Just wanted to chime in... I am also amazed on how well they play together and I do think their gmaes compliment each other really well. But Lets not forget Harden who is a baller off the bench on this team when he can easily start for the 29 others (okay maybe 20+).

Watching the Thunders and seeing how they got here with drafting Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden... shows what a good talent evaluator can do in changing a franchise.


They are a great duo. And a decent team. Still, I think they have a lot to learn and grow at before being championship caliber. I pick SA to win because as a team, they are much better defensively. OKC is decent at spurts, but Kobe exposed a part of their game that is lacking, when Ibaka goes out, the rim is open for the guards. Kobe blew past harden and continued to get to the rim easily, and Kobe isn't as good as he used to be.

How is OKC going to handle Parker and Manu? If Manu can get past Harden like Kobe was able to... OKC is going to struggle in the series. SA is capable of stopping them too. In the half court sets, OKC tends to give it to Durant or Harden, and let them go at it. That will not get them very far agains SA. They are going to have to move the ball better. Harden actually does well at moving the ball.

It will be a very interesting series, but I don't think OKC is ready to take it to the finals.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:19 am
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
DleagueDelight wrote:Just wanted to chime in... I am also amazed on how well they play together and I do think their gmaes compliment each other really well. But Lets not forget Harden who is a baller off the bench on this team when he can easily start for the 29 others (okay maybe 20+).

Watching the Thunders and seeing how they got here with drafting Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden... shows what a good talent evaluator can do in changing a franchise.


They are a great duo. And a decent team. Still, I think they have a lot to learn and grow at before being championship caliber. I pick SA to win because as a team, they are much better defensively. OKC is decent at spurts, but Kobe exposed a part of their game that is lacking, when Ibaka goes out, the rim is open for the guards. Kobe blew past harden and continued to get to the rim easily, and Kobe isn't as good as he used to be.

How is OKC going to handle Parker and Manu? If Manu can get past Harden like Kobe was able to... OKC is going to struggle in the series. SA is capable of stopping them too. In the half court sets, OKC tends to give it to Durant or Harden, and let them go at it. That will not get them very far agains SA. They are going to have to move the ball better. Harden actually does well at moving the ball.

It will be a very interesting series, but I don't think OKC is ready to take it to the finals.



Defensively is where the differeence between the Thunder and Spurs is. It will be hard though for the Spurs to slow down two of Durant, Westbrook and Harden. I do think Duncan will put Ibaka in foul trouble most games if he goes hard offensively, which he doesn't do as often anymore. I think the youth of the Thunder will be exposed in this series. Next year and from then on though, OKC could well be the best team in the nba or very close to it.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1129
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 am
migya wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
DleagueDelight wrote:Just wanted to chime in... I am also amazed on how well they play together and I do think their gmaes compliment each other really well. But Lets not forget Harden who is a baller off the bench on this team when he can easily start for the 29 others (okay maybe 20+).

Watching the Thunders and seeing how they got here with drafting Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden... shows what a good talent evaluator can do in changing a franchise.


They are a great duo. And a decent team. Still, I think they have a lot to learn and grow at before being championship caliber. I pick SA to win because as a team, they are much better defensively. OKC is decent at spurts, but Kobe exposed a part of their game that is lacking, when Ibaka goes out, the rim is open for the guards. Kobe blew past harden and continued to get to the rim easily, and Kobe isn't as good as he used to be.

How is OKC going to handle Parker and Manu? If Manu can get past Harden like Kobe was able to... OKC is going to struggle in the series. SA is capable of stopping them too. In the half court sets, OKC tends to give it to Durant or Harden, and let them go at it. That will not get them very far agains SA. They are going to have to move the ball better. Harden actually does well at moving the ball.

It will be a very interesting series, but I don't think OKC is ready to take it to the finals.



Defensively is where the differeence between the Thunder and Spurs is. It will be hard though for the Spurs to slow down two of Durant, Westbrook and Harden. I do think Duncan will put Ibaka in foul trouble most games if he goes hard offensively, which he doesn't do as often anymore. I think the youth of the Thunder will be exposed in this series. Next year and from then on though, OKC could well be the best team in the nba or very close to it.


I think what is exposed is OKCs lack of depth. Spurs played Druant well... SJax was a hawk on durant late in that game... They just kept Durant and Westbrook on the perimeter. It was a great game, can't wait for game 2.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"
Image

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron