nba playoffs 2016-17

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:16 am
Thread for talking about this season's playoffs
Last edited by migya on Sun May 21, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 pm
I think Boston is the weakest 1 seed I can remember so it seems clear at this point it will be a finals rematch.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:46 am
Boston might surprise but they do look rather weak at this point.

Do think Indiana might actually challenge Cleveland as they have a couple of guys that can play pretty big.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:35 pm
Watching Pacers @ Cavs, game 1, right now, last 2 min. Been a decent game, was tied at 105, but Cavs are now back up by 3.

I really think Indy can give Cleveland a series. Fundamentally these are are two bad teams, but the Cavs have more talent.

I just don't understand why Indy isn't better. They're not that different from the team that lead the NBA for most of the season a few years ago, and I'd argue they have better players now. I think it comes down to coaching, which was evident by the Pacers not doing anything to help Teague switching on LeBron.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:38 pm
Damn. Indy had a chance - final shot, down 1. I think it's safe to say the road to the Finals won't be as easy for the Cavs.

Hall of Famer
» Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 pm
Haven't posted in this thread in a while and now it is close to the Conference Finals.

The Warriors go against San Antonio who, like last season, don't look as dominant as they were in the regular season. The warriors seem as good and ready as they could be and they should win somewhat easily.

Cleveland also looks pretty unbeatable. Boston v Washington is going to game 7 and either team likely will be tired going against the Cavs.

All Star
» Sat May 13, 2017 3:57 pm
migya wrote:Boston v Washington is going to game 7 and either team likely will be tired going against the Cavs.

Good point even with equal rest either team would lose to Cleveland but that's set up for a cake walk for the Cavs.

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 14, 2017 7:29 am
mullin17 wrote:
migya wrote:Boston v Washington is going to game 7 and either team likely will be tired going against the Cavs.

Good point even with equal rest either team would lose to Cleveland but that's set up for a cake walk for the Cavs.

I think both Boston and Washington are pretty complete teams but because of going seven they will likely be out of gas towards the end of the series against Cleveland, like by game 3 or 4.

It's amazing how neither Indiana and Toronto, two good teams with stars, couldn't even win a game against Lebron. Thought Cleveland would have some tough series and probably not even make it to the finals but looks like they will get there easy.

Washington does have allround power, with Wall obviously being a star but Gortat could cause Cleveland some problems if they got there. Boston would have to rely on allround play from role type players and that likely wouldn't be reliable against Lebron.

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 pm
Boston just won game 3, first in Cleveland, by coming back down 21 and winning on a last second 3 by Bradley. All without Isiah Thomas who is out for the series. Nice to see Boston winning one and hopefully they have more and can pull out another one at least.

Site Admin
» Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am
migya wrote:Boston just won game 3, first in Cleveland, by coming back down 21 and winning on a last second 3 by Bradley. All without Isiah Thomas who is out for the series. Nice to see Boston winning one and hopefully they have more and can pull out another one at least.

I didn't watch the game, but this had to be a case of the Cavs just taking their foot off the gas and sleeping on the Celtics. I've been wondering, and worried, how it'll play out in the Finals if neither team faces any real competition untill they meet in the Finals. This could be a wake-up call for the Cavs, one we've yet to really get outside game 1 of the WCF...

Since this is Dubs related, I'll follow up with a post on this topic in the Warriors board.

But yeah, good on Boston to pull one out and force LBJ to at least play one more game.

Rookie
» Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:39 pm
The Thunder have sucked it up the last 2 games. The Playoffs are gonna be crazy this year.