2011 GSW NFL DEATHMATCH

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:51 am
Thanks Pawno, i just got back to state yesterday and still feel damn jetlag...
and i am ready to kick some asses...hehehe
sorry guys...your fantasy nightmare is back..."Just Win, Baby!!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:06 am
8th AVE

STRENGTH: Wide Receiver Depth
WEAKNESS: Bye Week Management (starting RBs share same bye week)
PAWNDOG 2C: 8th Ave will need to make many moves before week 8 when Turner & Forte take their bye week break on the exact same weekend.. Also a issue with his 2 team defences (CHI & NYJ) sharing same bye week.
PROJECTION: You know you’re my NIGGA 8thAve.. But this team is destined to be the 2010 Carolina Panthers of the league. 12th.

GSW UNITED

STRENGTH: Wide Receivers
WEAKNESS: Runningbacks
PAWNDOG 2C: Draft was really stuffed by taking Vincent Jackson in the 2nd round. VJAX has a tough schedule as WR1 against a plethoria of elite corners (Miami, GreenBay, New York Jets, Buffalo & then Stanford Routt & Champ Bailey twice. Reggie Wayne might be the biggest faller in the drafts lately because of Peytons injuries & can we trust Chad Ocho Cinco with 2 catches in this preaseaon? Time will tell.
PROJECTION: I listed WR as a strength for GSW UNITED but there is not too many bright spots on this team.. Toilet Bowl with 8th Ave for last spot. 11th.

GuyBrush Crew

STRENGTH: Wide Receiver Depth
WEAKNESS: Quarterbacks
PAWNDOG 2C: Dwayne Bowe in the 1st round & Matt Ryan in the 4th round really stalled Guybrush from building a good team. The Braylon Edwards/Alex Smith picks for the bye week fillers might have been his best moves as they will see action in Week 8 when Matt Ryan rests and Alex Smith faces up against Cleveland.
PROJECTION: Continues on with CHUM’s tradition of a god awful team 10th.

Mr Crackerz

STRENGTH: Superstar Wide Receivers
WEAKNESS: Runningbacks
PAWNDOG 2C: This might be Mr.C worst GSW DEATHMATCH draft in years!!! I look for our Resident Raider fantasy king to be a waiver wire baller and/or a active trader to solidify a god awful rb corps.
PROJECTION: Sorry Crackerz… 9th

BEAST MODE

STRENGTH: The Bucs start here
WEAKNESS: The Bucs stop here
PAWNDOG 2C: Beastmode just did a fantasy drafting no-no by homering out his starting lineup with Tampa Bay players (& he a Saints fan WTF?!?!). When the Tampa ground game ain’t going, he will prey for Freeman to find Williams & when the Bucs lean on LeGarrete Blount pound the ground then Freeman&Williams combo will remain quiet.
PROJECTION: Should of kept either Calvin or Brady from your last years roster.. Unfortuneatly the GSW class clown will be laughed off the paddock 8th.

JREED

STRENGTH: All Pro RB’s
WEAKNESS: Backup RB
PAWNDOG 2C: Gore & Jamal Charles is a nice combo to build around.. But unfortuneatly carrying the one sole RB backup in Pierre Thomas could lead to disasterous results if either Gore or Charles get injured… JREED is fortunate to have waiver wire priority to start the season.. so if Gore/Charles goes down he can pick up Kendel Hunter or Thomas Jones.
PROJECTION: Will be a disappointing REED household with the champion taking a step back in 2011.. But with his missus fairing better in the Pawn ratings least JREED will get some sympathy sex 7th. (champion of the consolidation finals)

HOBBES

STRENGTH: Quarterback
WEAKNESS: RB & Bye Week Management
PAWNDOG 2C: Aaron Rodgers to Greg Jennings will pay a lot of Hobbes fantasy bills this season.. But I can gaurentee that unless Hobbes gets active on the trade wire he can mail in his week 8 match with Mr Crackerz (Greg Jennings & Julio Jones his starters on a bye week with his backups being James Jones & Jonny Knox whom will also be enjoying the bye weekend off)
PROJECTION: Middle of the pack 6th (makes the playoffs)

JOEL

STRENGTH: Wide Receivers
WEAKNESS: The Manning Brothers
PAWNDOG 2C: Runningbacks in SJax & CJ2k are 2 RB’s that I believe will see issues with injury this year.. CJ will pull a hamstring in the 1st few weeks for missing out on preseason & Sjax is bound to break down sooner or later.. Joel biggest weekly problem will be picking the right Manning Bro Matchup.. Does he risk starting Peyton with his neck injury or does he ride the inconsistent Eli who’s H.O.F type #’s one week or a fantasy zombie the next.
PROJECTION: Joel will miss out like previous years. 5th

GIANTSGURL

STRENGTH: Being a Girl
WEAKNESS: Being a Girl
PAWNDOG 2C: Jreeds woman lucked in with a deadly combo of Adrien Peterson & Arian Foster as 2 pillars to build a elite fantasy team.. Unfortunately due to her homer pick of Vernon Davis in the 4th round whom’s isn’t a good TE like previous years (due to Harbaugh teaching Alex Smith to find his WR’S)… Giantsgurl strength will be being a Girl and hypnotizing most of the blokes into unfair trades and Giantsgurl weakness will be starting Josh Morgan in the fantasy playoffs because she liked Josh haircut from the previous weekend on a sportscenter interview
PROJECTION: Sky is the limit for GiantsGurl.. Hopefully my male chauvinistic pig review inspires her to take beating me and others seriously 4th.

TEAM VICK

STRENGTH: Superstar Wide Receivers
WEAKNESS: No Everydown Runningbacks
PAWNDOG 2C: Perhaps I’m AussiePropaganda by talking to my good mate downunder about each others fantasy team… but any team featuring Vick, Nicks & Megatron will be a good basis of points for the weeks.. RB bye week management is a concern and the fact that he didn’t handcuff Bradshaw with Jacobs means he could very well move back to the back of the pack if Bradshaw health does not hold up.. But AussieBiedrins is the master of the waiver wire and he will put his team in the right position for the playoffs.
PROJECTION: AussieBiedrins bows out to Pawno in a semi final and has to do with bronze metal. 3rd

PORKNOS POWERHOUSE

STRENGTH: Runningbacks
WEAKNESS: Talented Wide Receivers but with bad QB’S
PAWNDOG 2C: It would be unrealistic of me to pick myself no.1 (as I do every year and subsequently miss out).. So to put the reverse jinx on my team I’m claiming a Silver ;-)
PROJECTION: Not bad effort by me for this season. Least I get JREED off my back saying my team stinks 2nd.

TEAM FINED

STRENGTH:Wide Receivers (The best corps)
WEAKNESS: No Identifiable flaws
PAWNDOG 2C: a killer 2011 for Fine as he continues his assault on the GSW Deathmatch fantasy board.. I clearly see this team as the favourite & it’s scary to think how much better it may get if he works converting some of that bench quantity into a solidifying the starting spot.
PROJECTION: See you in the Finals FINED 1st.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:20 am
You do have to wonder if Pawno actually watches any NFL games. ::razz:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:22 am
the Indy Stat reported that at noon today they will announce if Peyton will be starting in the opener
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:05 am
Pawno... your assessment of my draft is absolutely correct... Is it weird to say that as I get older, I am getting worse at doing fantasy sports?

I won this thing a couple years ago, and I was pretty bad last year... hopefully some things go my way, and I make the playoffs... but as of now, my team is pretty weak.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:56 am
You do some PCP before making that list pawno?

you don't accurately rate RB's . I have 4 quality RB's on my team in Rice [who I think will lead NFL], blount [1200 rushing yards easily, dude got 1000 in like 10 games last year], Fred Jackson [constantly underrated, will remain the Bills starter... somewhere around 1000 yds and 8 tds and Brandon Jacobs ... will split carries with Bradshaw... probly around 800 yards and 10 TD's].

Dez Bryant will be a stop 5 WR this year.
Mike Williams will be top 15.
Steve Johnson will be top 20.

Jimmy Graham = NASTY MC MASTERSON. I have a feeling he gets 10 TD's or very close to it and around 900 yards receiving [has the talent to be the best TE of all time]

you are right about my team relying a lot on the Bucs but I could always start Stafford in place of Freeman [which I will probably do because Detroit will be the more passing oriented team]...

open to all offers

and no, not trading Ray Rice

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:17 am
Beast, glad to see your alive. How about doing something with the trade proposal I sent you.

And Pawno, I was not expecting that. I like my team but I like about 6 other teams more than mine. The only real strength of mine is WR, while the rest is good value and potential. I'm just happy to have more talent than the awful team of last year - Nate Washington and CJ Spiller were big time guys on that squad. (drafted by xbay).
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:38 am
fine wrote:Beast, glad to see your alive. How about doing something with the trade proposal I sent you.

And Pawno, I was not expecting that. I like my team but I like about 6 other teams more than mine. The only real strength of mine is WR, while the rest is good value and potential. I'm just happy to have more talent than the awful team of last year - Nate Washington and CJ Spiller were big time guys on that squad. (drafted by xbay).

trying to find something ... I want Fitzgerald but I don't want to move Ray Ray ... not a fan of taking WR's over RB's ...

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
fine wrote:Beast, glad to see your alive. How about doing something with the trade proposal I sent you.

trying to find something ... I want Fitzgerald but I don't want to move Ray Ray ... not a fan of taking WR's over RB's ...

Not a bad counter but I'm looking to get a RB at least a level above Blount.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:00 pm
Beast Mode wrote:You do some PCP before making that list pawno?

you don't accurately rate RB's . I have 4 quality RB's on my team in Rice [who I think will lead NFL], blount [1200 rushing yards easily, dude got 1000 in like 10 games last year], Fred Jackson [constantly underrated, will remain the Bills starter... somewhere around 1000 yds and 8 tds and Brandon Jacobs ... will split carries with Bradshaw... probly around 800 yards and 10 TD's].

Fair assessment on Rice.. I think he will have a big year.

But I downgrade Blount because he doesn't have 4 games this year against the NFC WEST!!! (the reason why I like Ray Rice is he has 4 games against SEA,SF,ARI & STL)

Fred Jackson is Fred Jackson... a good bye week filler & Brandon Jacobs is only worthwhile when Bradshaw goes down injured. (NYGiants have too many injuries this year to be a dominating rush attack... the Giants will rely heavily on the pass game this year)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm
fine wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

Not a bad counter but I'm looking to get a RB at least a level above Blount.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 am
Beast Mode wrote:You do some PCP before making that list pawno?

That creates an awesome mental image of a shermed out Pawno. :mrgreen:

The draft is important, however things rarely pan out the way we all think they will. Much will be determined by how we manage our rosters throughout the season and who puts in the research
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 pm
giantsgurl's team just took a hit .. David Garrard released by Jacksonville ... Mike Thomas value = in the dumpster.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:52 am
LOOKS like I am rolling without Peyton......less than ideal
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 pm
JOEL wrote:LOOKS like I am rolling without Peyton......less than ideal

Ah... Bummer.
Sorry Bro,

Only reason I drafted him was I knew you've had Peyton before... I wouldn't drop him just yet.. 2-3 month timetable.. 8 weeks of Eli and then 8 weeks of Peyton could be on the cards!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum