2011 GSW NFL DEATHMATCH

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:04 am
Rosters have been inputed... season is ok to rock and roll.

I must apologize for the randomizing the schedule a million times. I wanted to organize a rivalry round and unfortuneately I couldn't get a even amount of opponents you play. (12 team league- you play 2 opponents twice and 9 opponents once) ... I worked it out in the end.

What I ended up doing was making rivalry round on week 13 (week before playoffs) & had rivalries of.

HOBBES vs GUYBRUSH (A nerdy type of moderators match whom battle it out Warcraft style)
JREED vs JREEDS BITCH (not to be confused with Pawno whom lost a Signature bet last year and was nicknamed JREEDS bitch.. I'm talking about his physical booty call... sorry for the demoralizing sexist reference giantsgurl :oops: )
JOEL vs WILLIAM - Old school Raider fans, whom have rivaled on our fantasy forum for years.
FINE vs Mr.CRACKERZ - I don't know if they are rivals... But I guess I could find scenarios
PAWNO vs AUSSIEBIEDRINS - The 2 blokes from downunder
8th AVE vs BEAST MODE - Swear I've seen some sexual tension between these two in the UFC thread!!! (maybe swetty blokes get these 2 angsty)

yeah well anyways.. good luck this season peeps.. Double check your roster that you ended up with the right Steve Smith or the correct Zach Miller. :wink:
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:47 am
I'm satisfied with my team. And I have to say that I see myself being in the top this season...yeah, I know I'm modest. ::razz:

Me and Hobbes, eh...well, I guess I don't mind that, just didn't look at him as a rival...and yet, a nerdy one, really Pawn? :)
I was thinking you're gonna let Giantsgurl kill me in rivalry games cause I took her away Austin Collie, lol.

Anyway, good luck everyone.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:05 am
LOL pawno... your comments are hilarious. Fine is a good matchup for me. We go way back!

Hobbes vs. Guybrush. Jreed and myself are probably both nerdier than guybrush (Jreed being a computer genius and and I am a teacher).
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:44 am
Well, I could have been a teacher if I stayed with Japanese...though, I would have been a teacher without a job, lol. Might try teaching English here, so I can fall into Pawno's category. ::razz:
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 am
Lets not fight over which mod is the nerdiest...
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 am
I am not going to try and defend myself from the nerd status, but I am definitely not a Warcraft guy or any of those role playing games. My nerdiness as a kid was playing Micro League and Earl Weaver baseball for hours on the computer as a kid. (TOTALLY aging myself)
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:33 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I'll be honest, my team isn't too great. Usually I come out of fantasy drafts pretty confident. This year, in both leagues, i hate my teams.

Every year when I love my team I do crappy. When I hate my team I tend to do better, so maybe that's a good sign.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 pm
hobbes wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I'll be honest, my team isn't too great. Usually I come out of fantasy drafts pretty confident. This year, in both leagues, i hate my teams.

Every year when I love my team I do crappy. When I hate my team I tend to do better, so maybe that's a good sign.

I like parts of your team bro..

The Aaron Rodgers to Greg Jennings (fantasy football multiplier)

The Felix Jones pick was spot on (his rising in drafts)... But you must feel dirty having that MJD bloke (that guy will be your season right there)

After you lose a few games... you might be looking to milk your team for more projected points (therefore you will drop the 49'ers D and pick up something half decent I.E Raiders)
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 pm
willing to package Brandon Jacobs [will get a LOT of touches this year with Bradshaw banged up] & one of my all-pro receivers [MW, DB, or SJ] for an all madden receiver
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:07 am
Beast Mode wrote:willing to package Brandon Jacobs [will get a LOT of touches this year with Bradshaw banged up] & one of my all-pro receivers [MW, DB, or SJ] for an all madden receiver

Brandon Jacobs... Hmm. U have a lot of faith in homeboi. I had himn last year and he is useless (i see hes in youer w1 lineup over Blount??)

u could of had a all madden wide receiver had u not dropped megatron in the keeper rounds of the draft.. But oh well.. Learning curve
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:35 am
PAWNO wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:willing to package Brandon Jacobs [will get a LOT of touches this year with Bradshaw banged up] & one of my all-pro receivers [MW, DB, or SJ] for an all madden receiver

Brandon Jacobs... Hmm. U have a lot of faith in homeboi. I had himn last year and he is useless (i see hes in youer w1 lineup over Blount??)

u could of had a all madden wide receiver had u not dropped megatron in the keeper rounds of the draft.. But oh well.. Learning curve

changed that back up ... my week 1 is tricky cuz basically my offense is going against my defense

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:57 pm
ok boy's ...wanted to thank pawno for all his help to me and putting this league together...I have been busy on some other things that have kept me away from the board.....and now....are you ready for some football
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:59 pm
wow ... i just realized my post's have 0 credit...not much has changed. :wink:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:34 pm
I just gave you a poster credit JOEL!!! :-))

<Whinging lil bitch>
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:04 pm
There you go Joel, that should be enough for now. ::razz:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum