NBA fantasy league 1 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:46 pm
migya wrote:zshook to pick and this draft is finished.

We started this draft less than a month ago and finished it already. Real well done and this is the way it should always be done.

Team evaluations next

For mine, just put: "Best team ever"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:09 am
aussiebiedrins wrote:
migya wrote:zshook to pick and this draft is finished.

We started this draft less than a month ago and finished it already. Real well done and this is the way it should always be done.

Team evaluations next

For mine, just put: "Best team ever"

I'd be lying though

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:38 pm
Since Im the last pick I would like to sub my auto pick of Luke Ridnour for Lou Williams, and with my last pick Ill take Omri Caspi

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:23 pm
Other can have their say, but I don't think you should be able to sub your auto-pick. You should have to keep Ridnour for now and hope that you can pick up Williams off of the FA list. You shouldn't get first dibs on Williams just because you're in the final draft spot.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 pm
If I understand the rules correctly, Zshook would be first to selct from the waver-wire. All players selected berfore the season start will be part of the waver process. If this is the case, then that should the way it should be. The rules are the rules.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 pm
zshook wrote:Since Im the last pick I would like to sub my auto pick of Luke Ridnour for Lou Williams, and with my last pick Ill take Omri Caspi

fine wrote:Other can have their say, but I don't think you should be able to sub your auto-pick. You should have to keep Ridnour for now and hope that you can pick up Williams off of the FA list. You shouldn't get first dibs on Williams just because you're in the final draft spot.

The Coooach wrote:If I understand the rules correctly, Zshook would be first to selct from the waver-wire. All players selected berfore the season start will be part of the waver process. If this is the case, then that should the way it should be. The rules are the rules.

That's right. Zshook, you can't change your autopick

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:40 pm
all right, lemme just say in my honest opinion the Beast is gonna suck, and Aussie has a chance. That is all
~LilBallerx~

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:44 pm
LilBallerx30 wrote:all right, lemme just say in my honest opinion the Beast is gonna suck, and Aussie has a chance. That is all

You couldn't be farther from the truth. Explain where I am weak kind sir

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
LilBallerx30 wrote:all right, lemme just say in my honest opinion the Beast is gonna suck, and Aussie has a chance. That is all

Lots of weaknesses but I'll start with the biggest:

PLAYING TIME. half of your roster can average under 25 min/game on any given week.

Your team is built on sleepers and upside guys which makes it a ginormous risk/reward team. And given where you drafted most of your guys, if the reward does payoff, it won't be for much gain.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:14 pm
fine wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:

Lots of weaknesses but I'll start with the biggest:

PLAYING TIME. half of your roster can average under 25 min/game on any given week.

Your team is built on sleepers and upside guys which makes it a ginormous risk/reward team. And given where you drafted most of your guys, if the reward does payoff, it won't be for much gain.

Built it around high PER guys. AR, Blair. People who get lots of specific things in short amounts of time. Miller 3's. McGee blocks.. Randolph blocks. Curry/Westbrook/Wall/Lawson I think is more than enough for assists. All good FT% shooters. Curry a great 3 pt shooter as well. Wall will lead pgs in steals, Curry will be up there ... I'm sorry kind sir but my team is stacked at the top and has ridiculous potential throughout. At best, #1 .. at worst... top 5.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:16 pm
Can't wait to see the full team evaluations.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:17 pm
Who's going to write some?

Pawno's are always good, and so are Migya's. I believe Fine once did them too?

I'd write some, but I already know my team is the best, so why bother looking at everyone below me on the ladder?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:27 pm
If some one wanted Lou Williams they should of drafted him, everyones rosters are full, and it does not affect any ones team if I swap him with Ridenour. But whatever Ill just claim him off the waiver wire when available.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:35 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:Who's going to write some?

Pawno's are always good, and so are Migya's. I believe Fine once did them too?

I'd write some, but I already know my team is the best, so why bother looking at everyone below me on the ladder?

Migya said hes gonna write one.

[-X
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:58 pm
I need an excuse to take a break from studying so ill write some. Philosophy is not a stoner class like some might think, **** is complex and pissing me off.

1. Coooach-Good big men to get rebounds and blocks, scoring and 3 pointers will be solid with kobe roy brooks and maggette. Not much criticism, solid team.

2. TheBodyGuard: Assists look good with lebron rondo and joe johnson, while rebounding and blocks look to be solid with kaman (if hes healthy) Noah and Hickson (steal of the draft). 3 pointers may suffer, although if gilbert plays well that could change.

3. Migya: Great rebounding and blocks, 3 pointers will probably be solid (could be better if Baron finds his touch), assists will also be solid, but another point guard may have helped make this a better category. Scoring could go either way.

4. Pawno: Rebounding and blocks are strong, as well as scoring and 3 pointers. Aided with bigs who rebound and hit threes like murphy and nowitzki. Assists will be awful however.

5. lilballerx: Solid rebounding and blocks, although Bynum's injury is problematic. Assists won't be terrible because of Williams but the team should have been built more around his strengths. Scoring will probably be one of the strongest in the league though, but 3s will probably be on the bottom.

6. Jimbob: I feel like I have rebounding and blocks down, assists is a big question mark, hopefully Conley and Wade will produce. 3 point shooting will be average unless Lewis returns to his former self. Scoring really depends on guys like Mayo and Gordon and how well they play.

7. Just win baby: Maybe the best scoring team, but rebounding and blocks will be awful, steals and 3s might make up for this though. A lot depends on PT of some of the later picks.

8. Beastmode: Even though Steph Curry and Melo will give 3 pointers and scoring, after them there isn't much more of that. Miller will help but in the last few years he just hasnt shot the ball much. Rebounding and blocks will depend on unproven big men. Assists will be solid, not great.

9. Fine: Shot blocking and rebounding will be huge weaknesses, however with Nash and Paul assists should be solid. Scoring and 3 point shooting will always be good, a lot ill depend on how much and well Turner plays.

10. AussieBiedrinis- Any team with Howard will dominate in blocks and rebounding but, assists and steals will suffer, and im not sure how good scoring will be either.

11. ZShook: Auto picks hinder this team, however it could be worse. 3 point shooting looks strong, while rebounding and shot blocking will be a weakness unless Camby plays a ton, yao is back in shape, and elton brand turns back the clock. Both Nelson and Billups are more scoring guards, so assists will suffer as well.

12. 8th Ave: Scoring looks to be one of the best in the league, but there isn't much after that. 3's and rebounding will be solid, but not great. Assists are lacking as are steals.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum