GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:42 pm
We could do that. But i think he will be awake in like 6 or 7 hours. If he doesn't sign up by the next 24 hours. I'll do that then.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:05 pm
I created my team. I'm not going to bed at 3 AM on friday night. ::razz: Though, it wasn't much of a night.

Anyway, Pawno, finish it up, so people don't have to wait anymore. And I want to see what I need to do to try to fix something, if possible.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:03 pm
just entering teams in now.. shouldn't take too long.

check back in 15 :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:38 am
OK welcome to the first PAWNO in Depth review of how the drafts went...

This is me being judgemental of the rosters that were all esembled. Me thinks there's a good chance i'll be tasting my own medecine come the offseason with my words (esp predictions about my own team) but i use this post to make friends & foes with anyone that wants to judge me in this fantasyland.

JOEL

PROJECTED: Middle of the Pack (5th thru 7th)
FLAVOUR: Bread & Butter coming from the AFC SOUTH (Schuab, Chris Johnson & Joseph Addai)
STEAL: Chris Johnson 1st
REACH: Matt Schuab 2nd
PAWNO 2CENTS: Any team featuring Chris Johnson is going to be a high scoring fantasy football team, I really think JOELS team has a chance to have some BIG POINT SUNDAY AFTERNOONS at the office... Schuab , Johnson and Addai all see action against AFC WEST teams which have been notorious for giving up big yards on the ground... I just don't see enough talent for him advancing in any stage in the playoffs

WARRIORSSTEPUP

PROJECTED: Top 4
FLAVOUR: Team full of people whom have cried publically about Contract Negotiations (Rivers, AP, Benson & Marshall)
STEALPhilip Rivers 5th
REACH Malcolm Floyd 6th
PAWNO 2CENTS: WARRIORSSTEPUP basically stepped into a very good fantasy football drafter team... It would take a Chris Cohan'ness Front Office Fuckup for this team to implode

HOBBES

PROJECTED: Middle of the Pack (5th thru 8th)
FLAVOUR: No Love for the AFC (Bada selected MJD in 1st Round but didn't grab another AFC'er til the 8th Round)
STEALMarion Barber 11th
REACH Greg Jennings 2nd
PAWNO 2CENTS: Hobbes is in a similiar boat as WARRIORSSTEPUP, Inherited a good team... But could end up on the wrecks if he doesn't juggle his lineup right.

BEAST MODE

PROJECTED: Top 4
FLAVOUR: NFC WEST BENCH (Hightower, Forsett, Breaston & Tate)
STEAL LaSean McCoy 4th / Carson Palmer 10th
REACH Steve Smith 5th
PAWNO 2CENTS: Great strength thru QB and 2 RB positions, Tom Brady will be the X Factor that makes BEAST MODE tick week to week... I think there's definately imrpovement for him to be had on Free Agent wire with his DEFENSE and KICKER.

GSW UNITED
PROJECTED: Back of the Pack 10th thru 12th
FLAVOUR: Very Old Bench (exlcluding Vince Young) GSW United will have a few wheel chairs activated in the weeks where he's starters are having bye games.
STEAL No Steal
REACH Brayton Edwards 5th
PAWNO 2CENTS: William, Your my Raider friend, But you didn't have the best draft... You will be no.1 picker in next years fantasy comp... I know CHUM (GUYBRUSH) has bad team, But yours stinks (Should of drafted more Raiders)

JREED23

PROJECTED: Middle of Pack
FLAVOUR: A team dominated by PLAYERS with long ass player names (ROETHLISBERGER, AROMASHODU, SHIANCOE)
STEAL Donnie Avery 15th (come on no.1 Option in the 15th round)
REACH Vincent Jackson 5th (no1 Option who might not even play this season)
PAWNO 2CENTS: There's a lot of youth in this squad... Whilst i Don't think JREED23 will win the league, he certainly will be in a position to make the finals & will have some difficult decisions next offseason with the KEEP 2 Rule players as he may just have the most candidates on his team for BREAKOUT years.

PAWNO

PROJECTED: 1st Place (I didn't sign up for this **** to be SILVER MEDALIST)
FLAVOUR: Donovan McNabb will be slinging to 3 WRS and a TE all with the letter A as the first letter in there name Andre, Anquan & the 2 Antonio's
STEAL McNabb 11th
REACH McFadden 6th
PAWNO 2CENTS: A lot of value can be found in my bench, with the departure of Jamarcus Russell means Jason Campbell increases everyone elses fantasy production.

8th AVE

PROJECTED: Middle to Back of the Pack (6th thru 12th)
FLAVOUR: 3 QB's
STEAL Cincinatti 14th
REACH Dave Garrard 8th
PAWNO 2CENTS: 3 Quarterbacks is crazy... Granted his taken 3 guys with PROBOWL Experience.. The Roster Question is will 8th Ave deal 1 of the 3 guys to build at least a competitive squad?

Mr Crackerz

PROJECTED: Middle of the Pack (5th thru 10th)
FLAVOUR: NFC HEAVY - No Love for the AFC.
STEAL Steven Jackson 1st
REACH Dallas Clark 3rd
PAWNO 2CENTS: Mr. C didn't get the players that won him the comp last year, No B.Marshall or Andre Johnson will hurt him to have that mega Offensive Juggernaut that we've come to love from the Sacramento Saint!!!

FINE

PROJECTED: Back of the Pack (8th thru 12th)
FLAVOUR: Runningback HEAVY
STEAL Cooley 11th
REACH Mike Wallace 5th
PAWNO 2CENTS: FINE has inherited a team from a usually pretty good drafter, to a not so good drafter this preseason... FINE should be active in boosting that pathetic Wide Receiver Core thru a trade of one of his franchise Runningbacks!!!

AUSSIEBIEDRINS

PROJECTED: Runner Up / 2nd Place
FLAVOUR: A lot of VETS (Favre, Moss, Smith, Mason, Jackson & Winslow)
STEAL Javid Best 5th
REACH Sidney Rice 4th
PAWNO 2CENTS: I didn't know who to pick as the runner up in my fantasy predictions, but to keep my ass cracks safe from a Atomic Wedgie i've gotta vote for the guy who's a closer proximity!

NICETRY-BRUSH

PROJECTED: 2nd Last (back of the pack 11th thru 12th)
FLAVOUR: A Bench of Names i've never heard (Britt, Edelmann, Benn)
STEAL Ryan Matthews 3rd
REACH Vernon Davis 1st
PAWNO 2CENTS: Hopefully we see GUYBRUSH GM skills in practice as season won't be over for him, if he makes the right moves... But he doesn't have much to work with considering a TE and DEF were taken with position 10 & 11 in the overall draft.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:44 am
Nice job, Pawno.

Nicetry-brush would be nice if I actually got a chance to draft my own team. :)
I looked a little bit at trade options, but quickly I realized that I don't have anything to give in a trade. I miss one good RB, and I have bunch of rookies and 2nd year players at WR. We'll see...I'll try to figure something out, if possible.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:10 am
Well bro. Take it from me. My team has major holes which need addressing. I've got 2 Runningbacks which i was hoping to handcuff but i didn't get a opportunity to grab there Pocket.

I guess the point of my story is, if i'm gonna lose this season might as well lose in style with my favorite players from my favorite team. (OAKLAND)

LEAST NOW. U get to cheer for the Niners and hoping P.WILLIS n V.DAVIS put food on your table.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 am
Add to that Alex Smith as well...I'm probably gonna start him more than Eli.

I'm still gonna have fun, and hopefully, I'll surprise with couple of extra wins.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:06 am
Pawno and his ratings.... He gave me a 7th ranking last year and I absolutely dominated our league to a championship. Had the top RB, Top 2 WR's, Top Kicker, Top Defense... Just absolutely dominated. I think you were surprise about my fantasy football knowledge and questioned my strategy.

This year, all my players from last year were picker sooner than I anticipated. Its definitely a more uncertain team, but I will make it work.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:35 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Pawno and his ratings.... He gave me a 7th ranking last year and I absolutely dominated our league to a championship. Had the top RB, Top 2 WR's, Top Kicker, Top Defense... Just absolutely dominated. I think you were surprise about my fantasy football knowledge and questioned my strategy.

This year, all my players from last year were picker sooner than I anticipated. Its definitely a more uncertain team, but I will make it work.

Pawno has always had a unique outlook on.................EVERYTHING :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:38 pm
Not really feelin that trade offer Pawno :/

No need for Lee, he'd be #4 WR on my team... maybe 5

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:46 pm
Nice review Pawno :D there might be a flaw on your first place prediction. As for me I can't do much bluffing since I did not pick majority of the team but I guarantee there will be no Cohan'ness or bitchassness taking place on my squad. Let the countdown begin, can't wait for the season to begin.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:07 pm
my team is stink...nice quote...hahahahha
actually, i want zach miller but i dont know who the mtf pick him up...^,^
lucky i got pro bowl and HOF seabass....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:22 pm
So glad i got Westbrook. Just annoyed that i had to wait for him to become available on yahoo, which only really happened when he got picked up by the Niners.

It's strange cause Terrell Owens was available in yahoo even before he signed with BENGALS
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:09 pm
GSW United wrote:my team is stink...nice quote...hahahahha
actually, i want zach miller but i dont know who the mtf pick him up...^,^
lucky i got pro bowl and HOF seabass....

lol, only a Raider fan would consider Seabass a HOF - there will be at least 10 kickers and about 200 other players to go before him so you guys will be waiting a long time for that. Their are only 14 kickers in the Hall and some of them played other positions as well. Janikowski has 229 FG made and is 31 after 10 seasons - lets say he goes another 10 seasons at that rate and gets 456 - that would put him at 5th all time right now, plus you have to figure that Jason Elam and Jason Hanson will eclipse that mark putting him at 7th all time. Gary Anderson has 538 (2nd all time) and has be HOF eligible for the past 2 years and still isn't in.

lol sorry for derailing the thread, it's slow on here anyways...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:13 pm
PAWNO wrote:So glad i got Westbrook. Just annoyed that i had to wait for him to become available on yahoo, which only really happened when he got picked up by the Niners.

It's strange cause Terrell Owens was available in yahoo even before he signed with BENGALS

lol i remember u got him in the second round last year... with LT in the first. LOL. And JaMarcus in the first round the year before.

But hey, third time is a charm, right! Your draft this year was much improved that the other two years.
PreviousNext