GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:46 am
xbay wrote:
PAWNO wrote:The day right after the world cup final. Well maybe 24 hours following it. I'll need time to recover from my victory hangover. Go Australia!

Don't use alcohol as an anti-depressant, Pawno. It's not healthy. :wink:

How can i take advice on Alcohol from the guy who legally can't buy it

:mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:11 am
Awesome.. Just had a look at my schedule and i see that i get to play my 2 (BITCHES) twice

I open the season against Aussiebiedrins & then JOEL

& have 2 matches against them in week 12 & 13.

1 Juggernaut
2 whynot
3 xBay is BACK
4 Bada's Hawks
5 TMC's team
6 8th ave
7 Chumgeysers
8 al is my hero
9 Just Win...Baby
10 Beast Mode
11 Gamblers
12 Juggernaut
13 whynot

Allthough i'm not looking forward to the moderator trifecta
XBAY-BADA & TMC in week 3 thru 5... i better be on best behaviour around these boards here, would hate to get banned!!! 8)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:20 am
PAWNO wrote:
xbay wrote:
PAWNO wrote:The day right after the world cup final. Well maybe 24 hours following it. I'll need time to recover from my victory hangover. Go Australia!

Or so you think... :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:37 am
xbay wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
xbay wrote:

I think the key word is LEGALLY! :wink:
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:50 am
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
xbay wrote:

I think the key word is LEGALLY! :wink:

I was thinking the key word was alcohol... I'm confused... :scratch:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:07 pm
i would like to start the draft after World cup....or early august....but, its up to u guys :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:13 pm
GSW United wrote:i would like to start the draft after World cup....or early august....but, its up to u guys :wink:

Early august might be too late, considering how long it takes to finish the draft. I think mid-july, right after the Wold Cup, it's a great time to start the draft. We should be able to finish by mid to late august, just in time for the season.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:29 pm
Ok.....i am fine with anytime...
i can access this forum anytime now...thru my Blackberry...
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:04 pm
wussup with the draft order?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:09 pm
8th ave wrote:wussup with the draft order?

Ask the Commish... What are you gonna do with the draft order, Pawno?. Randomize it?. Fix it behind the scenes? :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:48 pm
I always thought it's proper to start fantasy drafts after the 2nd week of pre-season ... somewhere around there. Otherwise if we draft too early ppl are taking players that could be injured going into the year
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Beast Mode wrote:I always thought it's proper to start fantasy drafts after the 2nd week of pre-season ... somewhere around there. Otherwise if we draft too early ppl are taking players that could be injured going into the year

that is my preference as well beast but because we do the draft here on the board it is a PAINFULLY long process... took about a month last year if I remember correctly.

Not ideal but with people all around the world participating, any sort of "online" draft is not possible.
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:06 pm
bada wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:I always thought it's proper to start fantasy drafts after the 2nd week of pre-season ... somewhere around there. Otherwise if we draft too early ppl are taking players that could be injured going into the year

that is my preference as well beast but because we do the draft here on the board it is a PAINFULLY long process... took about a month last year if I remember correctly.

Not ideal but with people all around the world participating, any sort of "online" draft is not possible.

...eh... whatever works ... kinda like the live draft but I'm down regardless. Everyone just needs to move to the west coast and get on PST.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:54 pm
bada wrote:

Yes, I would prefer that as well, maybe even during the last week of preseason, but having to draft on the board, we cannot allow ourselves that kind of luxury.

Bada's right, it takes around a month, sometimes a bit more to finish the draft, so by mid july should be a good start date for the draft.

We'll have to deal with the injury bug, tho... Preseason injuries can kill a team, so maybe we should think about a way to compensate for the loss, if it happens.

Just brainstorming... but what do you think of a rule in case of season-ending injuries (and only season-ending) that allows the player that suffers it to get an extra pick at the very moment the player gets injured to replace him, forfeiting the previous pick.

Like, for example, somebody picks Brady in the late second round and he gets a season-ending injury by the time we're in 6th round, so he has the chance to inmediately replace Brady at that very moment... replacing the second round invested with a 6th. It's still a big loss, but it helps cope with it, and doesn't hurt other teams much.

I mean, if we all agree before we start the draft, I think it will be a benefit for the whole process, becase injuries can happen to anybody.

Just thinking out loud, guys. I'd like to know what you think about it.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:23 pm
in theory that sounds great but I am not sure how you put that into place. Opens up a lot of gray area..

For example, I draft DeAngelo Williams... later there is a report that he got hurt in camp and an MRI would be done in a day or so. The injury could be minor or it could be serious.... what do we do? Do we halt the draft until we know? If not, whoever drafts next would be able to draft Jonathan Stewart.

I just think it creates more confusion and trouble. We just all go in knowing the dangers of this type of draft format.

Return to Fantasy League Forum