GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:28 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Teachers are ridiculously underpaid ... it's so sad how low education is on our list of "sh*t that needs to get fixed." ... It should also be way harder to be a teacher .. then all these lame ass homos would get fired and all the good teachers would be indemand .... and their pay would go up

Beast, while I agree with what you say (not too dissimilar in Australia with education), I'm not sure you've addressed the real issue of this thread, namely:

How do your bunch of stiffs hope to contain the juggernaut that is my fantasy team?

» Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:44 pm
JOEL wrote:no doubt on the underpay....Crackerz would be best to comment on how much schooling is required to teach

well, you need your bachelors (min. 4 years) and you need to get a teaching credential (min. 1 year). Now its rare people are able to finish in 5 years, but im a bad ass, so i did it. Now, the minimum that is paid in most parts in california is 37,000, which is nothing. Most districts start at 40g's, but all the time that is put into the classroom per week is about 50-60 hours a week. Last year, as a rookie, i put about 40 hours a week, but that was as a part time teacher (and i didnt get paid, because i used it as my student-teaching credits). The easiest part of teaching is actually the teaching part. Planning, learning new information (or reviewing previously learned knowledge), getting supplies, making copies, and calling/emailing parents all are time consuming.

» Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:45 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:How do your bunch of stiffs hope to contain the juggernaut that is my fantasy team?

aussie... your team is gonna fail.

All Star
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 pm
I don't care who will take over bada team and others.... :mrgreen:
Just give me damn fukking leftover QB....Vince Young... :mrgreen:

All Star
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 pm
I wouldn't mind joining if there is extra room or space. If I do i will need help on the rules, ive done fantasy football, time and it was fun, so if there is room, let me now.

» Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 pm
GSW United wrote:I don't care who will take over bada team and others.... :mrgreen:
Just give me damn fukking leftover QB....Vince Young... :mrgreen:

i had him considered along with Henne and Sanchez the last couple rounds... he could be a real good pickup

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:52 pm
Glad to have u on board. Basically in regards to this draft almost being over and the allocation of teams to the newb's u may pick from either the team of TmC, Always Next or Xbay. . . U just let us know which team u want to control and i'll org the details for yahoo in the next 24 hours.

If u want to look at team make ups. There's a link on the first post of this thread.

All Star
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:57 pm
if more than 4 teams are left , why not just re-draft...if someone take over the teams might be not 100% satisfied...sorry this is just my opinion but its up to u guys...if i beat u guys just make sure no excuse or bla bla bla...

» Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:06 pm
GSW United wrote:if more than 4 teams are left , why not just re-draft...if someone take over the teams might be not 100% satisfied...sorry this is just my opinion but its up to u guys...if i beat u guys just make sure no excuse or bla bla bla...

no re-draft, we will be able to get subs easily. plus, everyone drafted pretty well, so i do not think there will be many complaints who goes where.

All Star
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:09 pm
Okay sounds good thanks, i will glance at the rosters to pick, also on another note looks like some of the names are cut off on the far right side so it is not possible to read them, same with your last post Pawno, but now that am typing I glance down and see the full writing, just a minor note. Well let me check it out. Good looking out thanks.

All Star
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 pm
This was a tough choice, very tough, but I'll go with TMC's team, just let me know what you need from me so I can sign up and get started.

All Star
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:35 pm
So to summarize:

Bada -> Hobbes

and

TMC -> warriorsstepup

I'll pick up either Xbay or Always' team once we find our final replacement. I'll let that dude get first pick.

Beast Mode is on the clock?

Founder
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:38 pm
Mr. Crackerz gets MAD PROPS for getting his teaching credential. Teachers, especially in California, are underpaid and underappreciated. It's a noble profession, where you put in a lot of hours, and don't get anywhere near the $$$ you deserve.

» Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 pm
fine wrote:So to summarize:

Bada -> Hobbes

and

TMC -> warriorsstepup

I'll pick up either Xbay or Always' team once we find our final replacement. I'll let that dude get first pick.

Beast Mode is on the clock?

and Guybrush is taking over Chum's team. The rest seems right.

First page is updated.... however, it seems like you guys skipped 8th ave. I might have missed it, but did we accidently skip over his pick? if so, lets give him the option to pick.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:20 pm
8th ave selected top defense which was BENGALS