GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:13 am
Sorry guys,
I was unavailable all weekend, the Hardesty pick actually hedges my 4th RB bet since it gives me the top 2 RBs for the Browns. I meant to send a list in, but it was a crazy weekend. My wife was running a team for the American Cancer Soceity Relay for Life here in Napa and we were at the Event pretty much all weekend.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:36 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:A bit risky, considering the Browns QB situation, but:

Mohamed Massaquoi

DAMN!!!! i thought no one even knew who he was... i had him as my deep sleeper and was gonna pick him in the next round. Although he is exactly that, a deep sleeper, i wanted to take the risk.

My real deep sleeper still is available... and I don't even know if I'm going to pick him, as I'm sure I'll be able to get him as a free agent.

As for Massaquoi... I don't think he was that much of a sleeper... it's more like people do not trust the Browns QBs.

Don't worry about not being available to pick, Always. Hope the even was a great success!!!

All Star
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:37 am
Early Doucet
Bernard Berrian

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:29 am
For some reason I can't fathom, he's the 6th K picked...

Nate Keading

» Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:47 am
He was the best kicker last year. Though Mike Vanderjact had the highest kicking percentage in NFL history and couldn't find a job two years after a great season. It's a crap shoot, really.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:17 pm
I had him as the 2nd ranked K behind Crosby.

One thing potentially going against Kaeding is that I anticipate the Chargers being more efficient this year with the power back Matthews. Ladanian was poor in short yardage they ended up kicking a lot of FG's after failing to convert 3rd and short, but I anticipate Kaeding being among the top K's again.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 pm
not the direction I was going to go but almost took this guy about 3 or 4 rounds ago. Suprised he is still there.

Going to go with a guy who was HAND PICKED by new OC Mike Martz to run his "system" and was paid a crap load of money... much more money than a guy who will be a backup. I feel this guy will get more playing time than the current starter and has a good chance of becoming the starter.

RB Chester Taylor

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:43 pm
bada wrote:I had him as the 2nd ranked K behind Crosby.

One thing potentially going against Kaeding is that I anticipate the Chargers being more efficient this year with the power back Matthews. Ladanian was poor in short yardage they ended up kicking a lot of FG's after failing to convert 3rd and short, but I anticipate Kaeding being among the top K's again.

Yeah, true. Crosby is in a great situation, so that might be the case.

I was just shocked to see Keading available even tho 5 Ks had already been picked... Keep picking SeaBass, Raiders fans... :mrgreen:

bada wrote:not the direction I was going to go but almost took this guy about 3 or 4 rounds ago. Suprised he is still there.

Going to go with a guy who was HAND PICKED by new OC Mike Martz to run his "system" and was paid a crap load of money... much more money than a guy who will be a backup. I feel this guy will get more playing time than the current starter and has a good chance of becoming the starter.

RB Chester Taylor

I don't think he'll start... but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up splitting carries almost 50-50 with Forte... could be a great pick, Bada.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:58 pm
yeah, we will have to see about Taylor. Certainly if martz has anything to do with it he will start. Forte is a bum. that guy cant get a tough yard if his life depended on it and Taylor is just about as good of reciever and can pass block better and can run between the tackles.

I predict by week 6, he will be starting or at least getting 60% of the touches

All Star
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 pm
ops already taken hold on

All Star
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 pm
I'll take the Miami Dolphins defense ... improved very well through the draft and free agency [Dansby] plus they added Mike Nolan, the man who turned around the Denver defense last year.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:35 pm
bada wrote:yeah, we will have to see about Taylor. Certainly if martz has anything to do with it he will start. Forte is a bum. that guy cant get a tough yard if his life depended on it and Taylor is just about as good of reciever and can pass block better and can run between the tackles.

I predict by week 6, he will be starting or at least getting 60% of the touches

Well, I also do like Taylor more than Forte, but he's a vet, and they will want to keep him fresh. I think 50% is the best you can hope from him... We'll see, tho. The Bears might decide to focus their running game on Chester, and then he'd be a steal.

Miami is a pretty good D, but they've lost their two main pass rushers... if somebody is able to replace them, they'll have another good seaoson...

All Star
» Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:19 pm
well.....

Its my turn and time for DEF.....

Give me Dallas Cowboys.....

All Star
» Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 am
I will go with David Akers

» Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:08 am
"Always" Next wrote:I will go with David Akers

ahh my kicker last year.... he was wonderful.