GSW DEATHMATCH: DRAFT IS COMPLETE!!! :-)

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:34 pm
GSW United wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
GSW United wrote:Give me last RB ... Thomas Jones from Chief...he might get more carries than jamal charles

I dont think he will. Did you see Jamaal Charles last season?

I know he has a tremeandous season last year, but T.Jones is still productive and more experienced than jamal...
Jamal still can wait for 2 years...or he can be a hybrid type of player, receiver and feature back.

Jones is gonna be the 3rd down back. You on that sherm if you think Jones [31] is gonna get more touches than Charles [23]. Wouldn't be surprised if Jones has more TD's though. He'll be the go-to-guy at the goal line.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:27 pm
JOEL be away on work, but he wanted me to address the KICKER position & then Best player available

Give him

Stephen.Gotkowski NE K

& Armed Bradshaw NYG RB

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:56 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Losing Jabari Greer [top 5 corner] and tracy porter were HUGE factors in the decline of the saints defense last season. when you're 3-4-5 corners are playing 1-2-3, shits gonna get fkd up.

Yes, and the best part of the Saints D is their secondary, the best in the NFC South and one of the best in the whole NFL. Also, when Ellis plays, their D-Line is quite decent. And adding Alex Brown and Wilkerson is only going to help.

Like every defense, if they start losing key guys, they're gonna suffer... but I'll look for a replacement D in that case.

Ok, thinking about my pick. Be back soon to post it.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 pm
I have two players in mind just ready for TMC to make his pick. But I need some cofee. Be back in about 10 min

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm
Ok, for the sake of not keeping Bada the Great waiting...

Owen Daniels

Now, if he could stay healthy for a full season...

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:21 pm
Good pick TMC.

Gotta go with the goal line back of one of the better offenses in football. Much upside for a RB4

RB Marion Barber

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:37 pm
Well, we had the two same guys in mind, Bada, because Barber was my other option for this round.

I just think they'll give more carries to Felix Jones this year, which means Barber's value will be diminished. But still will be pretty valuable, because I see him as their goal line go-to guy.

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 pm
Owen was my pick joo bastard!

Oh well, I'll take one of my favorite college players of all time:

The Golden one. Golden Tate.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 pm
you a closet Seahawk fan bro?

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 pm
Never. Saints all the damn way. I just love Forsett's game and Golden's as well. Plus their only reliable passing weapon is Housh [who is coming off surgery] ... so Golden could very well get the majority of the teams targets.

» Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:10 pm
man bada, i wanted Barber.

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:14 pm
Barbers the 3rd best RB on that team

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm
yeah, it is good value where I got him.

Some of the so called experts comments regarding him being undervalued based on his ADP (Average Draft Position)

Expert 1
We should probably give Marion Barber a pass for his mediocre 2009, as he played most of the year on a badly injured quad. In the 2008, he was a feature back stud until the Cowboys ran him into the ground, and in 2006/2007, he was a top 15 back even though he wasn't even the starter in his own backfield. Don't let the Felix Jones talk scare you off of Barber - he'll be the goal-line and finisher for one of the best offenses in the league. He's another reason to wait on your RB2 this year.

Expert 2
Even if Felix Jones gets the nod as the team's starter, don't shy away from Barber. If you recall, Barber had two Top 15 seasons when Julius Jones was the starting RB. He struggled last year, because he played on a torn quad muscle. Look for him to be fresh when he plays, with the same vigor and nose for the end zone mentality that resulted in two double-digit TD seasons. He'll score 8 TDs at the very least. Bank on it.

Expert 3
Barber finished the 2009 with a torn quadriceps muscle, but was still able to finish higher (RB21) than his current ADP (RB26). He should be healthy and ready for action by training camp. Barber is severely undervalued because of the Felix Jones love. But, Barber has the better chance to finish the season with more fantasy points. He has shown that 220-240 carries is enough to be an every-week fantasy starter. In fact, Barber finished as RB7 with only 204 rushes in 2007. He has big upside and does not need a ton of carries to reach it. The potent Dallas offense should give the tough-running Barber plenty of scoring opportunities.

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:20 pm
They aren't taking into account the increased role Tashard Choice should and will see this season. Barber wasn't just playing with a torn quad, he had a fkng HOLE in his quad [still does I believe, not sure?] ... Still, best case scenario is probably 10 total TD's which for where you got him would be great value.

All Star
» Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:41 pm
wow its my turn already...
well, i need TE...give me...Greg Olsen from Bears....