NBA Fantasy League 2 - DONE!!!

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 pm
Yea, time was up and so beatman gets his pick done for him.

Really something right now that a couple of guys at least aren't even turning up to this thread, haven't confirmed at all and it has been a few days now. Doesn't look good and really, I'd rather delete those teams and just go with 10 participants

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 pm
migya wrote:Yea, time was up and so beatman gets his pick done for him.

Really something right now that a couple of guys at least aren't even turning up to this thread, haven't confirmed at all and it has been a few days now. Doesn't look good and really, I'd rather delete those teams and just go with 10 participants

We'd have to start the draft over so we'd better do it now if we are going to.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:10 pm

no Migya. Everyone has confirmed. Numerous times. I'm sure people will catch onto the fact that they need to check the thread and they'll need to pm there picks if they can't make it. But after days even weeks of contemplating numbers and draft style. The consciencious decision was to have a offline draft with everyone first signing up there teams. So just deal with it mate.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:26 am
PAWNO wrote:

no Migya. Everyone has confirmed. Numerous times. I'm sure people will catch onto the fact that they need to check the thread and they'll need to pm there picks if they can't make it. But after days even weeks of contemplating numbers and draft style. The consciencious decision was to have a offline draft with everyone first signing up there teams. So just deal with it mate.

I'm with migya here. If people do not appear to make their picks, and considering we're still in the first round, I think it's better to just erase those teams and play a smaller league. We wouldn't have to re-do anything, as we'd keep the draft order, probably would be enough with asking the members after those that haven't appeared if they want to keep their picks or change it to any other player that was still available at the time.

I think it'd be better for all of us, because at the pace we're drafting (and some members like Robdikum, Jimbob and you have made the picks quite fast), we're going to have to stop the draft and do an online draft. It's been two days drafting and we're still in the middle of the first round. It will be impossible to finish the draft in time at this pace.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:37 am
TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

I'm with migya here. If people do not appear to make their picks, and considering we're still in the first round, I think it's better to just erase those teams and play a smaller league. We wouldn't have to re-do anything, as we'd keep the draft order, probably would be enough with asking the members after those that haven't appeared if they want to keep their picks or change it to any other player that was still available at the time.

I think it'd be better for all of us, because at the pace we're drafting (and some members like Robdikum, Jimbob and you have made the picks quite fast), we're going to have to stop the draft and do an online draft. It's been two days drafting and we're still in the middle of the first round. It will be impossible to finish the draft in time at this pace.

My argument is that everyone verbally committed in the thread after numerous times saying they wanted in... it was less then 24 hours ago that the thread title got change to indicate that people were on the clock

I think with all the piss farting around we did... that we give the people the benefit of the doubt and use a time limit expirer for the drafting rounds.

I mean just because people are having difficulty checking a thread where no direct announcement was made to indicate the draft had started (after so many times of starting and stopping with the list)

It's also important to remember just cause they are not here looking at the thread doesn't mean they wont be committed to the league... i know my mate joel usually only gets on the boards every 8-12 hours (before work and after work) and it be unfair to kick him out cause of the time constraint.

So in closing... BLAH BLAH BLAH... lets start off with a 8 hour countdown... if your pick aint made then you get yahoos highest ranked player...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:02 am
One more full day, so 24 hours from now for the next pick to be made. In 14 days (as there is 14 rounds) it is the 21st October, so plenty of time still left. If in two weeks we are not in round 9 at least, we either scrap this league or come to a decision of who is serious and who isn't, keeping the participants that are serious, if we still want to continue. In one week, if we are completely stuck, say only between round 1 and round 4, same thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 am
You guys should just decide which way this will go. I think giving each person 8 hrs to make a pick is fair then using the either their pre selected list ( if pmed) or just go by the next best player on the yahoo list. and I think only a few people will fall to that category, and most of us will pick in a timely manner so the draft wont take so long. I admit I have not come to this board for a while, kind of got sick of all the bitching that was going on but it is fun playing fantasy bball with people who are clearly passionate about the game. Lets do this I want to pick and get Kobe even though he is ahead of dirk on the lists.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 am
migya wrote:One more full day, so 24 hours from now for the next pick to be made. In 14 days (as there is 14 rounds) it is the 21st October, so plenty of time still left. If in two weeks we are not in round 9 at least, we either scrap this league or come to a decision of who is serious and who isn't, keeping the participants that are serious, if we still want to continue. In one week, if we are completely stuck, say only between round 1 and round 4, same thing

Mig, you seem so intent on scrapping the league, which is unfair to people who want to participate. But i think by two weeks we'll be able to sort it out for sure. If there are a couple guys who don't make any picks within that time, you know they won't be around for the season. So i think by then we figure it out. I think that maybe if a player or two gets moved out of the league, we can have a procedure to redistribute players from those teams.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 am
i'll take dirk
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:56 am
8th ave wrote:i'll take dirk

Sweet. Good job.

And I think Zshook said he would take Kobe?:

zshook wrote: Lets do this I want to pick and get Kobe even though he is ahead of dirk on the lists.

So now Joel is on the clock. Draft is scootin!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 pm
fine wrote:
8th ave wrote:i'll take dirk

Sweet. Good job.

And I think Zshook said he would take Kobe?:

zshook wrote: Lets do this I want to pick and get Kobe even though he is ahead of dirk on the lists.

So now Joel is on the clock. Draft is scootin!

Updated. I've assumed zshook's pick was Kobe. Let us know in case you want someone else.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 pm
Yeah, Ill take Kobe.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:39 pm
i sent a sms msg to joel telling him he's on the clock.. he'll be on here after work tonight.. no doubt.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:50 pm
PAWNO wrote:i sent a sms msg to joel telling him he's on the clock.. he'll be on here after work tonight.. no doubt.

Thanks Pawno for the heads up....I pick Howard superman of the Magic
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:10 pm
I have my favorite player in both leagues :)

Danny Granger
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum