Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:38 pm
Bodyguard, make your team on the team page or we can't do this

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 am
Ok, it took me a while because I had to locate the same rankings Migya was using for the other league, but I've finally been able to update the first post of the thread.

So, please, refer to that post for the state of the draft.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:09 am
TMC wrote:Ok, it took me a while because I had to locate the same rankings Migya was using for the other league, but I've finally been able to update the first post of the thread.

So, please, refer to that post for the state of the draft.

Thanks for ding that and as for the player ranking list, you should have asked me, it would have been easier :wink: It's just a downloadable pdf file called NBA Complete Draft Kit and it's free. Simple copy and paste.

This draft will take a long time if things continue as is. Bodyguard still hasn't setup his team in this league and seems like a few participants in this aren't here often. If this continues and we haven't seen progress in about a week, we'll have to have an live draft or just scrap this league, as there is no point having it if participants aren't going to get involved and play it.

beatman, it's been your turn for quite some hours now, you have to check this thread at least twice a day

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:15 am
migya wrote:Thanks for ding that and as for the player ranking list, you should have asked me, it would have been easier :wink: It's just a downloadable pdf file called NBA Complete Draft Kit and it's free. Simple copy and paste.

Yeah, I found it. It's the default rotowire rankings, tho, not yahoo's. That's why I had trouble finding it, because it didn't match the yahoo ranking I had found previously.

migya wrote:This draft will take a long time if things continue as is. Bodyguard still hasn't setup his team in this league and seems like a few participants in this aren't here often. If this continues and we haven't seen progress in about a week, we'll have to have an live draft or just scrap this league, as there is no point having it if participants aren't going to get involved and play it.

beatman, it's been your turn for quite some hours now, you have to check this thread at least twice a day

Yep. We simply cannot go as slow as we're going right now. We need to do one round per day on the board to finish in time, so if people ain't willing to commit to this way of drafting, we'll have to do an online draft.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:22 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Thanks for ding that and as for the player ranking list, you should have asked me, it would have been easier :wink: It's just a downloadable pdf file called NBA Complete Draft Kit and it's free. Simple copy and paste.

Yeah, I found it. It's the default rotowire rankings, tho, not yahoo's. That's why I had trouble finding it, because it didn't match the yahoo ranking I had found previously.

migya wrote:This draft will take a long time if things continue as is. Bodyguard still hasn't setup his team in this league and seems like a few participants in this aren't here often. If this continues and we haven't seen progress in about a week, we'll have to have an live draft or just scrap this league, as there is no point having it if participants aren't going to get involved and play it.

Yep. We simply cannot go as slow as we're going right now. We need to do one round per day on the board to finish in time, so if people ain't willing to commit to this way of drafting, we'll have to do an online draft.

No... The draft has started..

there's no possibility of us changing the type of draft in order for someone to move up the ranking..

i suggest we have a 12hr time limit and come back to making the time limit smaller or bigger depending how quick we rush / snail thru this.

like any draft it'll have it's fast moments and it's slow moments... I initially proposed the online draft, however the general consciencious (AKA MIGS proprganda) said we'd do it offline.

so yeah lets just keep a eye on how fast it travels and bust out the seiko stopwatch if things aint getting moving.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:32 am
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:

there's no possibility of us changing the type of draft in order for someone to move up the ranking..

We won't change the draft order unless we're forced to do so, pawno.

If people are not commited enough to make the draft here on the board, we'll have to scratch it and set a date for an online draft so we can be ready by the time the regular season starts (or a few days early, I don't know when's the limit to imput offline draft results on yahoo). Otherwise, we'll simply have to erase the league.

But that's a worst case scenario. I hope people realize we're short on time and that we need to go one round per day to end the draft in time. It's just a couple of weeks and a few minutes per day, so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:33 am
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:

i suggest we have a 12hr time limit and come back to making the time limit smaller or bigger depending how quick we rush / snail thru this.

like any draft it'll have it's fast moments and it's slow moments... I initially proposed the online draft, however the general consciencious (AKA MIGS proprganda) said we'd do it offline.

so yeah lets just keep a eye on how fast it travels and bust out the seiko stopwatch if things aint getting moving.

Thing is, there is no point having a league if people don't participate, just a waste of time. People who aren't on here to check this thread, see if it's their pick, likely won't participate properly.

I remember the first two years we had fantasy leagues on here, it was roto then, and there was always two or three participants that didn't do anything with their teama, like were totally inactive, and that's just a waste of a league then. With the people on here, it'd be great, essential really, to have a good time and play this properly

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 am
Yeah TMC>.. All Good you just trying to get under my skin because we got each other this week in fantasy football...

& suprising your going up against the dual tagteam of pawno and ozbeans..

Ozbeans manages the Offense and i take care of the defense.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:26 am
PAWNO wrote:Yeah TMC>.. All Good you just trying to get under my skin because we got each other this week in fantasy football...

& suprising your going up against the dual tagteam of pawno and ozbeans..

Ozbeans manages the Offense and i take care of the defense.

I'll leave that one alone :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:30 am
after a certain amount of time the top player on the yahoo ranking list should be automatically given to whoever is drafting.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:52 am
jimbob631 wrote:after a certain amount of time the top player on the yahoo ranking list should be automatically given to whoever is drafting.

Yeah, that's what we're going to do, but we also have to consider the different time zones we're in, so the rule will be that each member has 12 hours to make their pick (maximum, please do it as fast as you can), starting at 9 am on your local time zone.

If the pick ain't done in that span, we'll go with the top rated player available that makes sense (meaning that if that member has three guards and just one big man, we'll go with the highest rated big man available).

That 12 hour limit might have to be reduced to 8 or even 4 hours in case we're short on time to end the draft, tho, but for now, it will work. And remember that it's just a max limit, so, if possible, make your picks as fast as you can.

Oh, and finally, if you can't make your pick on time, please send a list of players in the order you want to pick them to migya, xbay or me and we'll do the pick for you.

Thanks, guys.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:43 pm
Ok guys. Beatman time is up. Is it agreeable that Wade is the highest rated player? I think it's time who ever drafting in spot 4 selects
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm
PAWNO wrote:Ok guys. Beatman time is up. Is it agreeable that Wade is the highest rated player? I think it's time who ever drafting in spot 4 selects

I think so. And as we're going with the highest rated, Wade is the pick.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 pm
KEVIN DURANT
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum