Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:20 am
Works for me. Thanks, Mr. C.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:39 pm
In one of my leagues, we have to set our line up for the week by Sunday night and we don't have to touch it ever again 'til next Sunday night. So basically, every player is locked in at the position for that week. It's basically a fantasy football setting.

Just some food for thought...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:07 pm
xbay wrote:In one of my leagues, we have to set our line up for the week by Sunday night and we don't have to touch it ever again 'til next Sunday night. So basically, every player is locked in at the position for that week. It's basically a fantasy football setting.

I suggested using that setting at the start of last season's fantasy competition, but people shot it down, saying that daily roster changes were fairer/better.

I still think it's better to have a locked in roster settting. That way, strategy comes into play - do I play Player A for 3 games this week, or Player B, who has 4 games. The whole quality vs quantity argument.

Anyway, I think it's the way to go for next season, but gotta go with the majority.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:27 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:
xbay wrote:In one of my leagues, we have to set our line up for the week by Sunday night and we don't have to touch it ever again 'til next Sunday night. So basically, every player is locked in at the position for that week. It's basically a fantasy football setting.

I suggested using that setting at the start of last season's fantasy competition, but people shot it down, saying that daily roster changes were fairer/better.

I still think it's better to have a locked in roster settting. That way, strategy comes into play - do I play Player A for 3 games this week, or Player B, who has 4 games. The whole quality vs quantity argument.

Anyway, I think it's the way to go for next season, but gotta go with the majority.

Yeah, but that kinda ruins the league in certain aspects, like trades and the waiver wire, because you won't be able to use the new players you acquired til you have another chance to edit your roster.

Also, luck plays a much bigger role, because if you have a couple of injuries on monday, you're done for the week, with no possible answer.

I prefer to adapt my settings on a day-per-day basis, and not just weekly. I think the current system is fair for everybody, as long as you have the time to do it (and, honestly, it doesn't take that long).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 pm
yeah i agree with Aussiebiedrins about the whole strategy thing...

it be nice if one league was that format and the other league was the current format.

it be nice to get in players who dont usually have the time for fantasy sports as basically the 2 leagues together have all the same cats in them
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:OK, I made a decision. I will try to put my best in this league. I will try to do my lineups. And when i don't, i will at least try to have the worst players on the team on the bench slot.

ive done the lineups for the upcoming week. No promises for the future. Classes start this Monday and I work so my busy schedule will be going to the extreme again.

Sorry for making this a circus. Next time, I'd listen to Fine.

Well you certainly screwed things quite a bit with the trading, but the damage was minimised pretty quick.

What you could do is spend about 15mins to set your lineups for the rest of the season, it won't take longer than that. It's a hassle, but only takes doing it once

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 am
Week 14 -

TheBodyGuard beat Fine 5-3.

Crackers and Pawno tied 4-4.

Aussie beat Always 5-4.

TMC and xbay tied 4-4.

EMan beat William 5-4.

I beat Reg 7-2.

xbay still on top but things tightening up

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:35 am
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:I don't like the weekly setting at all. It's fine the way it is, as long as everybody takes care of their lineups.

im merely posting options mate.. i too prefer the daily lineups but i find the weekly matchups would be beneficial to people who love basketball but dont have the time for the daily grind of fantasy life.

the good thing about weekly lineups, is it:s more similar to fantasy football in the fact that seen your lineups are set and if you guy gets injured in a game of the first day of the week then your fucked like a footballer getting injured in the first quarter of a game.

If we can:t agree on having one daily and one weekly lineup league, then i might just use my own commissioner skills i learnt with running the damnest best fantasy football league this season and have a 3rd league for anyone who doesnt have the sparetime for a daily fantasy lifestyle

I realize Im not doing very well in this league, but I set my lineups for both leagues every Monday morning for the whole week. It takes 10-15 minutes. It can be done Sunday night or whenever. Doing lineups for 1 team once a week for the entire week entails a commitment of 10 minutes max. All you have to do is see who is playing, there may be days when you have more active players than roster spots, but that happens maybe once or twice a week. Mr.C, in the time that you have spent talking about your 2 lame trades, you could have set your lineups for the next 2 months.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:40 am
I set mine about two weeks in advanced.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:09 am
"Always" Next wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
TMC wrote:I don't like the weekly setting at all. It's fine the way it is, as long as everybody takes care of their lineups.

im merely posting options mate.. i too prefer the daily lineups but i find the weekly matchups would be beneficial to people who love basketball but dont have the time for the daily grind of fantasy life.

the good thing about weekly lineups, is it:s more similar to fantasy football in the fact that seen your lineups are set and if you guy gets injured in a game of the first day of the week then your fucked like a footballer getting injured in the first quarter of a game.

If we can:t agree on having one daily and one weekly lineup league, then i might just use my own commissioner skills i learnt with running the damnest best fantasy football league this season and have a 3rd league for anyone who doesnt have the sparetime for a daily fantasy lifestyle

I realize Im not doing very well in this league, but I set my lineups for both leagues every Monday morning for the whole week. It takes 10-15 minutes. It can be done Sunday night or whenever. Doing lineups for 1 team once a week for the entire week entails a commitment of 10 minutes max. All you have to do is see who is playing, there may be days when you have more active players than roster spots, but that happens maybe once or twice a week. Mr.C, in the time that you have spent talking about your 2 lame trades, you could have set your lineups for the next 2 months.

That's it. It takes me about ten seconds to setup each day for the lineup for one team, that's about one and a half minutes. I zip thorugh, but it takes about ten seconds to set one day and then you click submit and takes about 8-10 seconds for the next day to appear

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:59 am
"Always" Next wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

true, but whats the fun in that :wink:

And Fine, can you repeat what you have said several times again about my second trade.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

And Fine, can you repeat what you have said several times again about my second trade.

It was a joke. But maybe it was also lame. No one has laughed. :?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:44 pm
fine wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

It was a joke. But maybe it was also lame. No one has laughed. :?

remember fine, the joke was only intended for you. You are the one that decided to share it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:30 pm
You're trying many players to try to get going in this league Reg. You've made a fair few changes the last couple of weeks, have the most roster changes and still can't make it work. Best trying through trades or sticking with what you've got I think

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:07 pm
My season is done. Chris Paul is out for at least a month, maybe more, and I just received a 9-0 thrashing by William.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum