Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 am
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:
migya wrote:
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:
migya wrote:Alright guys, we have about 6 weeks before nba season starts so the rule, for now at least, is that when it is your turn you have to have made you pick within 12 hours.

To make it clear, it is not expected that you make your pick or be on here from 10pm to 8am, where ever you are. For Oakland people that means Oakland time, for TMC that means Spain time, for me Perth time, Pawno and aussie east Australia time (3 hours ahead of me if I'm not mistaken).

What you do have to do is make your pick within 12 hours of it being your turn from 8am to 10pm your time. To speed up the process, since most people in this are living in Oakland, me, TMC, pawno and aussie have to check the forum before 10pm Oakland time each day, making sure it is not our turn and if it is, we have to make our pick. Pawno, you are in Oakland right now right? If so, you have it easier until you get back to Brisbane.

If things are going to slow in one week or any time there after, we will all have to give a list of the players we want and then update it as the draft goes along, deleting players that have already been picked. Unfortunately, not all of us have our first posts on the first page in this thread, making it a hassle, but TheBodyGuard is second post in page 2, so just two posts need to be deleted for his first post to be on the first page. Always Next can have his player list in his first post which right now is way doen in page two and will have to stay there.

If we go smoothly, things will be done pretty fast, but if not, we'll have to have a 4 hour rule

4 hr rule??? WTF

How about we just go on the 16-24 hr rule that we all originally talked about and if the end of the draft is biting into valuable tipoff time then we will impose a 4hr rule... the only reason i say this is cause im about to go to bed in oakland and wake up in like 8 or so hours... i dont wanna get **** ******* or ###### #### because there was a time limit... lets just leave any short time embargos to later on.... im sure this draft will all fly thru it.

I've been in the forum league drafts for four years and almost each time we've been going slow and had to have the four hour rule. In one weekif things are going slow, like only two rounds done, the rule will have to come in, otherwise we'll be scrambling the last week

yeah but 4 hours is way unfair... come on man think about it.. what if someone is asleep... now i think a 12 hour rule is fair (it gives people enough time to sleep off that hangover <counting they didnt post some drunk pick before they went to bed ... GIMME BEASLEY. I MET HIM AT REHAB

8 or 12 hour rule seems only fair... if your not checking before you go to bed or before you wake up... then u downright should be letting yahoo settings pick for you.

Read my first post on this subject above :wink:

10pm to 8am, wherever the person picking is (and we know this in advance now), that person does not have to make the pick, BUT they only will have four hours after 8am, WHEN OR IF WE COME TO THE POINT OF HAVING THE 4 HOUR TIME RULE.

I think we should also have it so if it is your pick before 9pm "your time" and you didn't come on here to make your pick, you have until 9am the next day to do so. Point is, check the forum regularly, especially up until 9pm, 10pm preferably, and then in the morning before going to school/work whatever.

Being active on here, checking this thread a few times a day, this draft will finish ahead of time

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 am
ok thanks hitler... i mean migya. i was bugging for a minute

:)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 am
I'll go with my favorite player in the current NBA:

Dwyane Wade

And let's hope he stays healthy for the whole season.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:37 am
Can't go past the the most recent NBA Finals MVP...

Mr Kobe Bryant 8)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:36 am
As i stated earlier... 16 hours is fine, but thats the lowest i will go. I think for now, we can stick with 24 hours and see how it goes. If it goes a lil slow, then we can lower it to 16.

But 4? Hell no. Not even 10 i am down with. I got work, school, and sleep. I no longer have the luxury of checking this board all the time. I got 5-10 minutes in the morning (now), work, 1 hour break (which i dont always go online), then school, than i get home (prolly check for 5-10 minutes) than sleep. No way i agree to anything less than 16 hours.

16-24 only.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:As i stated earlier... 16 hours is fine, but thats the lowest i will go. I think for now, we can stick with 24 hours and see how it goes. If it goes a lil slow, then we can lower it to 16.

But 4? Hell no. Not even 10 i am down with. I got work, school, and sleep. I no longer have the luxury of checking this board all the time. I got 5-10 minutes in the morning (now), work, 1 hour break (which i dont always go online), then school, than i get home (prolly check for 5-10 minutes) than sleep. No way i agree to anything less than 16 hours.

16-24 only.

Thought you had time to do this?

With twelve participants and fourteen players to pick, thus fourteen rounds, that's 168 picks!

How many days until season starts, about 40-45. That means about four picks a day.

Things could really go too slow and like I said, if one week from now we are not at least in the third round, we have to apply a time limit and four hours makes it work. For those that can't make that time limit, that's why everyone has to give a player preference list and update it every couple of days or so, no rush then. That worked the last four years, it will work this year as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:21 am
I think someone might want to PM Reg/The Cooooach to remind him to come in here and pick his guys.............as he is getting on abit. :wink:

Also, remind him its not a Legends draft.............as he'll be busting out George Mikan and sh*t! :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:32 pm
man, i don't understand, i'm at work and i don't know what you guys are talking about. i guess i have to drop ut or some has to draft for me. sorry guys. I never done anything like this before. i have only participated in live draft. i'm sorry really sorry i'm screwinfg everybody up.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:36 pm
The Coooach wrote:man, i don't understand, i'm at work and i don't know what you guys are talking about. i guess i have to drop ut or some has to draft for me. sorry guys. I never done anything like this before. i have only participated in live draft. i'm sorry really sorry i'm screwinfg everybody up.

WOW :banghead:

you cant pull out man... i guess the best strategy here is to select yahoos highest ranked player and mould your team around there... if you need to see the selections then go into the first post of the thread and you can see who's made selections before you.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:25 pm
I take Dirk

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:27 pm
Ok guys I got it now. I'm with you.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:28 pm
migya wrote:Alright everyone, it's getting close to the nba regular season and it's time to start creating fantasy leagues. We'll start with this thread and everyone can say if they want in and what type of league or leagues they want to be a part of.

Here is the league settings and info:

League ID#: 118537
League Name: Hobbess GSWarriors
Password: screwbaron
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... gswarriors
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: 50
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: March 4, 2010
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Divisions: No
Playoff Seeding Options: All teams seeded according to overall standings
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

DRAFT ORDER:
1st round and all od numbered rounds:

1. XBay - Chris Paul
2. Mr. Crackerz - Lebron James
3. TMC - Dwyane Wade
4. AussieBeans - Kobe Bryant
5. Cooooach -Dirk Nowvitski
6. Pawno -
7. GSW -
8. E-Man -
9. Migya -
10. Fine -
11. TheBodyGuard -
12. AlwaysNext -

2nd round and all even numbered rounds:

AlwaysNext
TheBodyGuard
Fine
Migya
E-Man
GSW
Pawno
Cooooach
AussieBeans
TMC
Mr. Crackerz
XBay

Players picked so far:

Chris Paul
LEBRON JAMES
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:58 pm
ok guys im gonna leave 2 great players on the board and reach out again this year!

Gimme Dwight Howard

Last edited by PAWNO on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 pm
Pawno, my Australian person, can you do me a favor and erase the names of peeps that aren't drafted yet.

oh, and that's no reach. I would've taken him with the #3 pick. He is a beast at h2h.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm
fine wrote:Pawno, my Australian person, can you do me a favor and erase the names of peeps that aren't drafted yet.

oh, and that's no reach. I would've taken him with the #3 pick. He is a beast at h2h.

done

:bday:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum