Nba fantasy 2009/10 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:50 pm
damn,
this is my 3rd league on this board this season....baseball I had last pick, football I had 10 and now I have last again, given this is my first season for fantasy basketball, Im sure this team will look even worse than my football team did preseason.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:52 pm
"Always" Next wrote:damn,
this is my 3rd league on this board this season....baseball I had last pick, football I had 10 and now I have last again, given this is my first season for fantasy basketball, Im sure this team will look even worse than my football team did preseason.

but why do they kill you kitten killer>>>

actually im jealous of that nickname... id trade you my spot for a cool nickname like that 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:55 pm
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:

actually im jealous of that nickname... id trade you my spot for a cool nickname like that 8)

well Pawno, you probably should be out there killin some kitten
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm
"Always" Next wrote:

actually ill keep my 6th spot in the draft n make a nickname that wont affect my draft karma.

im thinking
"Squirrel Gripper"
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:10 pm
"Always" Next wrote:

actually ill keep my 6th spot in the draft n make a nickname that wont affect my draft karma.

im thinking
"Squirrel Gripper"

that is a good one as well, you could also go something alittle more veggie friendly like carrot peeler or waxer
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 pm
Oh wow, didn't notice we started.

CHRIS PAUL!

And Mr. Crackerz announced that he traded his second overall pick to me for $.01, so I'll take LeBron James as well. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:44 pm
xbay wrote:Oh wow, didn't notice we started.

CHRIS PAUL!

:shock:

I'm shocked. How can you NOT use the pick on the mighty Joe Flacco?. You'll regret this, I tell you. :mrgreen:

Ok, guys, I'm gonna update the first post of the thread with the players currently picked, right next to the team they belong, as always. You know where to look at if you need to check who's been picked already.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:04 pm
i got gayed
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:24 pm
bigstrads wrote:Hey there,

Fellas, as per Pawno's moaning (:wink:) and via the fact Im impartial now............. TMC asked me and Bada to conduct the draft order.

So seeing as I got here first, heres what I got after a true and honest one hit randomize =

1. XBay
2. Mr. Crackerz
3. TMC
4. AussieBeans
5. Cooooach
6. Pawno
7. GSW
8. E-Man
9. Migya
10. Fine
11. TheBodyGuard
12. AlwaysNext

Hope you guys are happy...............unless you want to dare to question the validity, and hence my word as a gentleman, of my draft. :mrgreen:

Good luck..............Im pissed I cant do it this year.
:cry:

I want cry and yell over this order, though I lost out big.

Let's get this going and have some fun.

Also, we need more people for the 2nd league and get that started as well. 8th ave, make your team for the 2nd league

migya make the ring fall on ya

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:27 pm
2nd straight year.... LEBRON JAMES. This year, i wont be trading him. I think.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:56 pm
Alright guys, we have about 6 weeks before nba season starts so the rule, for now at least, is that when it is your turn you have to have made you pick within 12 hours.

To make it clear, it is not expected that you make your pick or be on here from 10pm to 8am, where ever you are. For Oakland people that means Oakland time, for TMC that means Spain time, for me Perth time, Pawno and aussie east Australia time (3 hours ahead of me if I'm not mistaken).

What you do have to do is make your pick within 12 hours of it being your turn from 8am to 10pm your time. To speed up the process, since most people in this are living in Oakland, me, TMC, pawno and aussie have to check the forum before 10pm Oakland time each day, making sure it is not our turn and if it is, we have to make our pick. Pawno, you are in Oakland right now right? If so, you have it easier until you get back to Brisbane.

If things are going to slow in one week or any time there after, we will all have to give a list of the players we want and then update it as the draft goes along, deleting players that have already been picked. Unfortunately, not all of us have our first posts on the first page in this thread, making it a hassle, but TheBodyGuard is second post in page 2, so just two posts need to be deleted for his first post to be on the first page. Always Next can have his player list in his first post which right now is way doen in page two and will have to stay there.

If we go smoothly, things will be done pretty fast, but if not, we'll have to have a 4 hour rule

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:56 pm
migya wrote:Alright guys, we have about 6 weeks before nba season starts so the rule, for now at least, is that when it is your turn you have to have made you pick within 12 hours.

To make it clear, it is not expected that you make your pick or be on here from 10pm to 8am, where ever you are. For Oakland people that means Oakland time, for TMC that means Spain time, for me Perth time, Pawno and aussie east Australia time (3 hours ahead of me if I'm not mistaken).

What you do have to do is make your pick within 12 hours of it being your turn from 8am to 10pm your time. To speed up the process, since most people in this are living in Oakland, me, TMC, pawno and aussie have to check the forum before 10pm Oakland time each day, making sure it is not our turn and if it is, we have to make our pick. Pawno, you are in Oakland right now right? If so, you have it easier until you get back to Brisbane.

If things are going to slow in one week or any time there after, we will all have to give a list of the players we want and then update it as the draft goes along, deleting players that have already been picked. Unfortunately, not all of us have our first posts on the first page in this thread, making it a hassle, but TheBodyGuard is second post in page 2, so just two posts need to be deleted for his first post to be on the first page. Always Next can have his player list in his first post which right now is way doen in page two and will have to stay there.

If we go smoothly, things will be done pretty fast, but if not, we'll have to have a 4 hour rule

4 hr rule??? WTF

How about we just go on the 16-24 hr rule that we all originally talked about and if the end of the draft is biting into valuable tipoff time then we will impose a 4hr rule... the only reason i say this is cause im about to go to bed in oakland and wake up in like 8 or so hours... i dont wanna get **** ******* or ###### #### because there was a time limit... lets just leave any short time embargos to later on.... im sure this draft will all fly thru it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 pm
migya wrote:Alright guys, we have about 6 weeks before nba season starts so the rule, for now at least, is that when it is your turn you have to have made you pick within 12 hours.

4 hr rule??? WTF

How about we just go on the 16-24 hr rule that we all originally talked about and if the end of the draft is biting into valuable tipoff time then we will impose a 4hr rule... the only reason i say this is cause im about to go to bed in oakland and wake up in like 8 or so hours... i dont wanna get **** ******* or ###### #### because there was a time limit... lets just leave any short time embargos to later on.... im sure this draft will all fly thru it.

I've been in the forum league drafts for four years and almost each time we've been going slow and had to have the four hour rule. In one weekif things are going slow, like only two rounds done, the rule will have to come in, otherwise we'll be scrambling the last week

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:21 pm
migya wrote:

4 hr rule??? WTF

I've been in the forum league drafts for four years and almost each time we've been going slow and had to have the four hour rule. In one weekif things are going slow, like only two rounds done, the rule will have to come in, otherwise we'll be scrambling the last week

yeah but 4 hours is way unfair... come on man think about it.. what if someone is asleep... now i think a 12 hour rule is fair (it gives people enough time to sleep off that hangover <counting they didnt post some drunk pick before they went to bed ... GIMME BEASLEY. I MET HIM AT REHAB

8 or 12 hour rule seems only fair... if your not checking before you go to bed or before you wake up... then u downright should be letting yahoo settings pick for you.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 pm
i just had a look at the draft list and it's very timezone friendly man...

when tmc is thinking about going to bed.. it means that aussie beans makes his pick first thing in the morning... coooach follows suit then i pick and then picks 6-12 are westcoast friendly and there's a good chance we'd be getting back to me sometime in the afternoon (oz time)

i'm not fretting guys about the time lapse... even if we do go to a 4 hr time limit then lets leave it a week or 2 and we can mould our teams and then the blitz timing we can call it "SLEPT ON SLEEPER ROUNDS" :D
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum